• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

40#1Fan

DirecTV dropping Versus network

Rate this topic

Just tried a second time to speak with someone at DTV about my displeasure with missing the Wings games on Versus... they didn't bite on giving me anything for free at this point, but I already got a big discount on NFL Sunday Ticket this year ($125 for Ticket & SuperFan).

I also mentioned the CBC/TSN idea and the CS Rep said that DTV was going to do everything they could to get Versus back on the air. I told her that I would be missing 9 regular season games and if this was not resolved by the time playoffs rolled around heads would roll... she seemed to think that DTV would get Versus back or have an alternative broadcaster in place to show the games.

All that said, I love DTV and couldn't imagine leaving them. They have great CS, great programming and a beautiful picture. If I found something better maybe I would switch, but thus far there is nothing that compares.

DTV will do what's right for us eventually...

Comcast sucks as does Versus and Gary Bettman.

The End.

Called Directv

First try called complained talked to supervisor they offered free center ice for year. Said ok and took it. Said I might still be canceling subscription soon since versus does carry the playoffs.

Edited by RedWingsFan4Life

Guest micah
Just tried a second time to speak with someone at DTV about my displeasure with missing the Wings games on Versus... they didn't bite on giving me anything for free at this point, but I already got a big discount on NFL Sunday Ticket this year ($125 for Ticket & SuperFan).

I also mentioned the CBC/TSN idea and the CS Rep said that DTV was going to do everything they could to get Versus back on the air. I told her that I would be missing 9 regular season games and if this was not resolved by the time playoffs rolled around heads would roll... she seemed to think that DTV would get Versus back or have an alternative broadcaster in place to show the games.

All that said, I love DTV and couldn't imagine leaving them. They have great CS, great programming and a beautiful picture. If I found something better maybe I would switch, but thus far there is nothing that compares.

The End.

Try again. This time don't call to voice your displeasure, call to cancel your service. That's when they start making offers.

totally agree with that. i first called and asked about the issue in general and what could be done about it and the CSR just kinda blew me off. so i called back and asked for the cancellation dept. the guy there immediately offered me free CI. then we talked hockey for a while.

i just started directv like 2 months ago so to cancel i would have to pay out the wazoo, but they still were desperate to keep me.

I called today and explained my frustration of being caught in the middle of two corporate giants. Dude looked at my account and offered free Center Ice since I already had it ordered. He then asked if there was anything else he could do. When I mentioned the price discrepancies between them and Dish, he looked up my account and dropped the HD fee for a year. So, I got free CI (which I pay for every year anyway) and $120 credit. I would still love to see the 10 or so games I'm gonna miss, but saving money will help me get over it. ;)

I advise anyone with Dtv to call. You don't even have to get mad or ask for a supervisor. They seem simpathetic to the issue and will comp you pretty handily.

The upshot of it all was that we will not be paying for Center Ice this year, and have a $10 discount for six months.

From all these posts, it sounds like DirecTV might throw in a free trip to Jamaica, along with these other sweet deals some of you are getting.

BTW, if everyone is getting Free Center Ice, isn't that bad for their business? This just sounds weird to me.

Edited by GMRwings1983

From all these posts, it sounds like DirecTV might throw in a free trip to Jamaica, along with these other sweet deals some of you are getting.

BTW, if everyone is getting Free Center Ice, isn't that bad for their business? This just sounds weird to me.

Sounds to me like DirectTV is going to end up paying more in free service and lost subscriptions than they would by paying what Comcast is asking. :\

Sounds to me like DirectTV is going to end up paying more in free service and lost subscriptions than they would by paying what Comcast is asking. :\

Well, called again (3rd time) threatening to cancel and got one payment knocked off... maybe I'll just have to call back every month complaining until I get it for free.

Oh well, looks like I'm heading to a Buffalo Wild Wings tomorrow at 3:00 to see if they can put the game on for me. Hopefully they have Dish & DTV or Time Warner... I wish I could find out who's showing it in my area.

The End.

Agreed comcast sucks. Those bastards were nasty for the years there were virtually no competitors, then suddenly they start losing business and decide to try to be "nice". Too many bad experiences with the cable companies I jumped ship at the first opp.

Comcast is the prob here imo. Why should DTV pay alot more to air Versus? Bullriding, fishing, and few NHL games (and i mean just a few). Just comes back to the assinine decision to put the NHL on such an obscure network.

Oh well, I'll miss NHL games if needed - not going to switch under such bogus pressure. Booooooo comcast...

LOL one of friends just called asking why he couldn't get his Avs game on VS. Although he is an Avs fan, I was nice enough to inform him that DirectTV dropped VS (just didn't bother telling him until he tried tuning in). He pretty much went ballistic. Thinking that he will be getting CI free and probably a lot of other programing after he gets off the phone with them.

He's an Avs fan he doesn't deserve to get any games :). Ok just kidding but, this is some bs. He'll eaither end up with center ice from them or end up really pissed off and cussing at them if he gets unlucky and gets a useless CSR.

That might have been a little mean, but yes, he is an Avs fan (although it has to be kind of hard following hockey being an Avs fan right now). Almost have to feel bad for them Avs fans now. At least Foote is still in the mix.

That might have been a little mean, but yes, he is an Avs fan (although it has to be kind of hard following hockey being an Avs fan right now). Almost have to feel bad for them Avs fans now. At least Foote is still in the mix.

The worst part must be missing all the Sakic retirment jearsy retirement. I would of hated it if I couldn't of seen Yzerman's. I can't imagine how pissed I would've been.

Edited by RedWingsFan4Life

The worst part must be missing all the Sakic retirment jearsy retirement. I would of hated it if I couldn't of seen Yzerman's. I can't imagine how pissed I would've been.

Yeah I kind of forgot to mention that there was going to be a Sakic retirement ceremony too. Oops.

I just called DirecTV to complain and they gave me the Center Ice package for free this year. I didn't even ask, they offered.

What the hell! I need DirectTV!!!!

What the hell! I need DirectTV!!!!

Seriously. I called customer support to complain and after my 2 minute rant about giving up DirecTV by the playoffs if it's not resolved, she offered to send me to retention to "if we can do something about what you are paying for your hockey."

I waited about 10 minutes on hold and when I got the retention person, I explained I paid a lot of money to watch my games and the fact I spent this money and took the day off to watch opening day (lie, but I was home...) upset me.

Her- "Ok... let's see what I can do..."

Me- (sensing a nice rebate) "Ok."

Her- "Looks like we can refund your money."

Me- "But I don't want to lose the service!"

Her- "No, you can keep it. It's free for you this year. We hope this makes missing the games a little easier, and we are trying to get back Versus. Trust me."

WIN

slickdeals.net/ DirectTV free Center Ice + $10 off a month for a year.

Make sure you're to mention that you're upset about them dropping Versus. :cool:

OMG, just worked like a charm! I even threw in how my kids play, and how disappointed they were we couldn't watch the 1st game of the season, BOOM, 159.00 credit. Now, can the Tigers please score a few runs!!!!

No idea if this means anything, but yesterday DTV had up their "Comcast sucks" thing on VS and today it's just the DTV Logo and music like before a game on your Center Ice channels.

Crossing fingers...

No idea if this means anything, but yesterday DTV had up their "Comcast sucks" thing on VS and today it's just the DTV Logo and music like before a game on your Center Ice channels.

Crossing fingers...

I'm still getting that "Comcast sucks" message. :(