• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

40#1Fan

DirecTV dropping Versus network

Rate this topic

However you deem Versus coverage and who is ultimately at fault is entirely subjective IMO and is an endless debate, but it's a damned shame that these two can't get their acts together and fix the problem sooner.

I know college football isn't the main squeeze for many here and networks like ESPN/ABC and CBS and Fox Sports sometimes have more intriguing matchups over Versus, but this weekend will be the 2nd time Versus/DirecTV missed an opportunity to broadcast a pretty great college football matchup. First one was Florida State vs. BYU when BYU was ranked in the top 10 during the 2nd/3rd week of the season. This weekend my school TCU which is ranked in the top 10 plays BYU which is around 15 on Versus. And this game is probably the biggest college football game of the weekend, in terms of general interest of people liking to watch football and sports.

In football, Versus covers Mountain West Conference games (which my school is a part of), Big 12 confernece games (I think they get 3rd choice of coverage after ABC/ESPN and Fox Sports), Pac-10 games (same more/less as Big 12, but had a good matchup last Saturday night with Arizona-Stanford), and Ivy League games (Harvard, Yale, Brown, I-AA schools, etc.).

Honestly, coverage and what annoucers and media says in sports I typically don't worry about. Just show games on somewhere, and be available to as many people as possible. We have more TV options than ever before, yet it seems it is much harder to watch games at times due to whatever ridiculous factors.