• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PRStoetzer

IIHF refuses to grant transfer card to Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

Interesting.

Holland did say he wanted to trade a defenseman...

Perhaps Brad Stuart is the defenseman who ends up moved?

Assuming Stuart is traded for pick or prospect, Lilja is on LTIR, and Lebda/Meech/Delmore are the 5th/6th/7th defensemen, with Maltby and Eaves as 13th and 14th forwards, then the Wings have about $650k in cap space with Hudler. Move Eaves to GR, and the Wings have more than $1m with Hudler on the roster. Lines though?

Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Franzen/Hudler/Bertuzzi

Cleary/Filppula/Williams

Helm/Draper/Leino

I know I'll get ripped on for that...but the idea of Hudler and his playmaking ability between big bodies Franzen and Bertuzzi really works in my mind.

Interesting.

Assuming Stuart is traded for pick or prospect, Lilja is on LTIR, and Lebda/Meech/Delmore are the 5th/6th/7th defensemen, with Maltby and Eaves as 13th and 14th forwards, then the Wings have about $650k in cap space with Hudler. Move Eaves to GR, and the Wings have more than $1m with Hudler on the roster. Lines though?

Franzen/Hudler/Bertuzzi

Cleary/Filppula/Williams

Helm/Draper/Leino

I know I'll get ripped on for that...but the idea of Hudler and his playmaking ability between big bodies Franzen and Bertuzzi really works in my mind.

Filppula on the third line??? Wow...

Interesting.

Stuart has an NTC.

Not saying it's impossible to move him, but it'd be that much harder since he'd have to approve the trade.

What is odd: the article from mlive dot com is dated August 3rd. The link provided to the original article in Russia is August 3rd. The link from the article in the Edmonton Journal is August 26th.

Life moves a lot slower in Edmonton. Maybe Dany Heatley is right.

Regarding Hudler: just to be on the safe side, change the locks.

stop with the trade stuart s*** it is getting to be so annoying. love to hear why you think trading hudler for stuart would make this team better :thumbdown:

exactly... he is an AMAZING number 4 d-man and has a... eh hem, let me clear my throat so all the f'in idiots on here that keep posting this BS idea hear me... eh hem...

NO TRADE CLAUSE

Franzen/Hudler/Bertuzzi

Cleary/Filppula/Williams

Helm/Draper/Leino

I love that idea too... at least from an offensive perspective. (although where's Maltby in your scenario?)

While Hudler is undoubtedly superior to Filppula offensively, there are some problems with using him over Filppula as the second line centre. The problems lay in the areas where Filppula is superior to Hudler:

--> Defense

--> Face-offs

--> Skating

All three of those are very important factors for your centres, especially the first two on the Wings. Now I'm sure Hudler is capable of learning to improve his defense and face-off ability just as he learned to skate better in the off-seasons. He'd still make our 2nd PP so much better, though.

In your scenario I'd go with this line-up:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom/Bertuzzi

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler/Cleary

Leino-Williams-Cleary/Hudler

Helm-Draper-Bertuzzi/Holmstrom

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Ericsson

Lebda-Meech --> 3rd pairing is very vulnerable to being pushed around given their both midgets

I'd rather Holland somehow convinced Holmstrom to retire and gives him a place somewhere within the Wings organization (Swedish scout?). He'd also convince Maltby to retire in this scenario (obviously this is all fantasy).

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler

Leino-Williams-Cleary <--very dangerous 3rd line. Very, very dangerous

Helm-Draper-Eaves

Lidstrom-Kronwall <-- each of the top 2 pairings would get ~25 mins a night

Rafalski-Stuart

Ericsson-Lebda

PP:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Lidstrom-Rafalksi

Franzen-Hudler-Leino

Kronwall-Williams <-- as much as I hate a forward on the point, we all know Babs likes R-L pairings on the blueline

PK:

Datsyuk-Filppula

Lidstrom-Ericsson/Stuart

Zetterberg-Cleary/Helm

Kronwall-Stuart/Ericsson

WTF? The Wings can't afford the salary numbers awarded during arbitration. He wants to go, the Wings are finally fine with him going, why cause more BS by blocking the transfer?

They could afford the salary numbers just fine. He left because he wanted the 5 million tax free in Russia. The Wings offered him 3.5 million a year pre-arbitration, so a 2.875 million dollar post-arbitration number is money for the Wings.

Ask the IIHF why they're causing more drama, guaranteed it has nothing to do with the Wings and they'd be up in arms if the NHL caused this to happen at this point in the summer.

They could afford the salary numbers just fine. He left because he wanted the 5 million tax free in Russia. The Wings offered him 3.5 million a year pre-arbitration, so a 2.875 million dollar post-arbitration number is money for the Wings.

Ask the IIHF why they're causing more drama, guaranteed it has nothing to do with the Wings and they'd be up in arms if the NHL caused this to happen at this point in the summer.

I'm pretty sure with the Wings new signings, they are sitting right at the cap, if not over. Granted we could trade/demote some players, but its been a lot of BS and I think everyone is fine with the idea of Hudler playing overseas.

I know its the IIHF, thats my point: The Wings keep his NHL rights and are OK with him leaving and have proceeded without him, Hudler can make more money and wants to play in Moscow. Literally the only thing that would force him to stay is the IIHF refusing transfer and drawing out the drama more, and they did.

Just a bit baffling that they would pointlessly cause headaches for the KHL, Hudler, and now Wings management.