• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

lakerwings

Pavel Datsyuk Question?

Rate this topic

Just out of curiousity, does anyone think that Pavel Datsyuk could be the Kobe Bryant of the NHL since both Kobe and Datsyuk are both 1 of the best players in the league, they both are in the top 10 in points and they both play for a very successful franchise. But the thing is that I'm not sure if Datsyuk is cocky on the ice to his opponents and very vocal like Kobe to his team. Besides, Datsyuk plays for the Wings and Kobe plays for the Lakers which I think a lot of Red Wings fans love. I think most Wings fan love the Lakers as their 2nd favorite team since both teams have a good history with lots of rings and they're both in the Western Conference.

Edited by lakerwings

ummmm..... what?

Hockey players are NOTHING like basketball players, and you probably couldn't find more polar opposites than Kobe f***in' Bryant and Pavel Datsyuk. I can't even begin to understand where you are coming from here... seriously...

This made my head hurt... going to go lay down now....

EDIT: Seriously, I'm actually honestly confused right now. Are you high? Are you seeing sounds and hearing colors? None of this makes sense. Its like English, but not...

Edited by b.shanafan14

ummmm..... what?

Hockey players are NOTHING like basketball players, and you probably couldn't find more polar opposites than Kobe f***in' Bryant and Pavel Datsyuk. I can't even begin to understand where you are coming from here... seriously...

This made my head hurt... going to go lay down now....

How is Kobe and Datsyuk polar opposites? I'm saying Datsyuk is the Kobe in the NBA because he's in the top 10 in scoring, he plays for a successful franchise and he won lots of championships just like Kobe. And no I'm not high, I don't understand why this is a bad comparison? They both know how to win games.

Edited by lakerwings

How is Kobe and Datsyuk polar opposites? I'm saying Datsyuk is the Kobe in the NBA because he's in the top 10 in scoring, he plays for a successful franchise and he won lots of championships just like Kobe. And no I'm not high, I don't understand why this is a bad comparison? They both know how to win games.

So... they both know how to win games... in team sports.... and they both score points.... but not the most points.... and one is a "look at me, i'm the best" loud mouth and the other is an under-appreciated team-first guy...

I must be missing some obvious connection or something. Is this some 6 degree to Kevin Bacon crap or am I the only one who doesn't even close to understand the comparison??

Just out of curiousity, does anyone think that Pavel Datsyuk could be the Kobe Bryant of the NHL since both Kobe and Datsyuk are both 1 of the best players in the league, they both are in the top 10 in points and they both play for a very successful franchise. But the thing is that I'm not sure if Datsyuk is cocky on the ice to his opponents and very vocal like Kobe to his team. Besides, Datsyuk plays for the Wings and Kobe plays for the Lakers which I think a lot of Red Wings fans love. I think most Wings fan love the Lakers as their 2nd favorite team since both teams have a good history with lots of rings and they're both in the Western Conference.

What the hell makes you think Wing fans like the Lakers, or even basketball for that matter? I sure as hell don't. Plus I hold zero respect for Kobe, and have tons for Pavel so no comparison there.

And the fact that you say most Wing fans like the Lakers too because "they have lots of rings and a history" is insulting by implying that we're all bandwagon jumpers and leads me to assume you're a troll or an idiot.

Edited by ShanahanMan

I think most Wings fan love the Lakers as their 2nd favorite team since both teams have a good history with lots of rings and they're both in the Western Conference.

Gonna have to disagree with you there. While I'm not much a fan of basketball to begin with, I can easily say that if I were, I would definitely NOT be a fan of the Lakers.

So... they both know how to win games... in team sports.... and they both score points.... but not the most points.... and one is a "look at me, i'm the best" loud mouth and the other is an under-appreciated team-first guy...

I must be missing some obvious connection or something. Is this some 6 degree to Kevin Bacon crap or am I the only one who doesn't even close to understand the comparison??

Im right there with you. I think lakerswing has Pavel Datysuk and Lebron James mixed up

What the hell makes you think Wing fans like the Lakers, or even basketball for that matter? I sure as hell don't. Plus I hold zero respect for Kobe, and have tons for Pavel so no comparison there.

And the fact that you say most Wing fans like the Lakers too because "they have lots of rings and a history" is insulting by implying that we're all bandwagon jumpers and leads me to assume you're a troll or an idiot.

No, I'm not saying all of you are bandwagon jumpers. I was trying to say that if the Lakers are struggling, you would still cheer for them just like when the Wings struggle, you would still cheer for them. Also, you guys could like the Lakers because it's a personal choice maybe.

No, I'm not saying all of you are bandwagon jumpers. I was trying to say that if the Lakers are struggling, you would still cheer for them just like when the Wings struggle, you would still cheer for them. Also, you guys could like the Lakers because it's a personal choice maybe.

What? You make absolutely no sense and have no logical connection with any points. You claim you were just trying to say that "we would still cheer for the Lakers like we do the Wings if they're struggling", yet that isn't even REMOTELY implied from your original post. What are you talking about? And even if its a personal choice, why assume Wing fans like the Lakers? That makes absolutely no sense either.

Are you suffering from off-season dementia or what?

Edited by ShanahanMan

I think most Wings fan love the Lakers as their 2nd favorite team since both teams have a good history with lots of rings and they're both in the Western Conference.

sorry dude lakers are not in my top 10

I honestly cannot see Pavel sexually assaulting a 19 year old. So no, he is not the Kobe of the NHL. :P

Sorry for not being clear but I was talking about on the court or on the ice. I'm not talking about off the ice or off the court issue. I know Datsyuk doesn't have off the ice issues unlike Kobe. I'm just comparing their talent.

Sorry for not being clear but I was talking about on the court or on the ice. I'm not talking about off the ice or off the court issue. I know Datsyuk doesn't have off the ice issues unlike Kobe. I'm just comparing their talent.

I know. It was a joke. You're not very good at this are you? Lighten up. Hockey fans are not like basketball fans. Haven't you seen the commercials?

I hate what the NBA has become and I think the Lakers are damn near the worse, mostly because of Kobe. I don't understand the assumption that most Wings fans would be Lakers fans.

Lets for the sake of argument assume that maybe 2/3 of Wings fans on this forum want nothing to do with the NBA. Now lets assume that of the remaining 1/3 maybe an optimistic 10% of those are Lakers fans. So now 1/30 of Wings fans on this forum are Lakers fans, I wonder what incredible fraction of those understand how Pavel Datsyuk of the Detroit Red Wings and Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers could be in any way, shape, or form comparable athletes.

I don't think you're preaching to the choir here, and you may be the only one who's going to be drinking the Koolaid.

Edited by b.shanafan14

I know. It was a joke. You're not very good at this are you? Lighten up. Hockey fans are not like basketball fans. Haven't you seen the commercials?

No. I couldn't tell that you were joking. And how come hockey fans aren't like basketball fans? And yes I have seen the commercials.

Um...a lot of players are in Top 10 of scoring. That's why there's 10.