• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

lakerwings

Pavel Datsyuk Question?

Rate this topic

What was his debut post?

I think it's the one about Chris Chelios needing to fall on the puck in order to preserve our lead or maybe the one about him needing to break sticks on purpose in order to create barriers on the ice.

Just look him up and read some of those legendary posts. I miss that darned guy. :D

I think it's the one about Chris Chelios needing to fall on the puck in order to preserve our lead or maybe the one about him needing to break sticks on purpose in order to create barriers on the ice.

Just look him up and read some of those legendary posts. I miss that darned guy. :D

facepalm2ly3.jpg

Oh my God. Hilarious.

what would stop chris chelios from purposefuly breaking his stick along the center ice line to create a no go barrier once the wings have the puck in the opponents zone? it would probably take a good minute for him to comlete his task but all he would have to do is skate to one side of the red line, break his stick, have some one on his bench throw him a new stick, break it, and continue doing so until he has an entire line made of broken sticks?

I think most Wings fan love the Lakers as their 2nd favorite team since both teams have a good history with lots of rings and they're both in the Western Conference.

I think most Wings fans are Pistons fans.

Edit: The 2004 NBA Title was even sweeter because the Pistons beat Kobe and Shaq! Ben, Sheed, Rip, Billups, and Prince not only beat them, but made them look bad too!

Edited by Barrie

Wait? Somebody on here watches basketball?

HAHAHA!!! Yah know I was thinking about the same thing. I've always had a problem watching Basketball (pre last five minutes, and not college ball) it's just seems kinda boring compared to hockey.

Frustrated? Absolutely. Hated? No way, I would never hate the team I have spent my life rooting for.

I save the hate portion for LeBron and the Celtics.

Especially since LeBron = Crosby in a lot of ways

(Lots of points, leader of a team, poor sportsmanship/full of himself, only player on the team, the commissioners poster child....)

This guy can't be serious. He must be a troll. No one can be this misguided and clueless.

He really thinks fans of a Detroit hockey team would have the L.A. Fakers as their "2nd Favorite Team"?

I am from Detroit and live in L.A. for my work. And I hate the lakers because of their clueless fair-weather fans and their recent history of arrogant players.

Every Detroit sports fan I've ever met hates the lakers.

Pavel has won 4 Most Gentlemanly player awards. I've never heard anyone accuse kobe of being gentlemanly.

Really? Then why do you guys hate the Lakers?

While I don't speak for everybody, it is probably because many Wings fans live in/around Michigan and are fans of local NBA team there if they like basketball, like the Detroit Pistons or Cleveland Caviliers. Also, the Lakers are an easy team to dislike if you aren't a fan of them, much like the Red Wings from an outsider, or the Cowboys or Patriots in the NFL, or the Yankees or Red Sox in MLB for example.

Not too difficult of a concept to grasp.

I don't hate the Lakers. I hate basketball. There's a difference. Now for those that DO like basketball.....they probably hate the Lakers because GASP! they like the Pistons. The majority of Red Wings fans here live in Michigan, so it stands to reason that they'd follow the Pistons. For those that like basketball but don't live in Michigan, they follow either the local team or whatever damn team they want.

Why are you so insistent on thinking that if you like the Red Wings, you must like the Lakers? That makes no sense. You make no sense. This thread makes no sense. I'm beginning to not make sense, now look what you did.

Acutally no I'm not a Lakers fan. In fact, I hate the Lakers but I'm only started this topic because I thought Red Wing fans would like the Lakers as their 2nd favorite team and I thought Datsyuk was talent wise like Kobe.

A better question is why do you claim that you "hate the lakers" in the post above yet your name on this post is "lakerwing"?

Or maybe why would you come to a Detroit Hockey forum and start a thread talking about the lakers if you hate them?

Oh! That's right. It's because, for reasons that defy explanation, you thought Detroit Hockey fans would have the lakers as their 2nd fav team.

Gimmie a break.

I'm telling ya. This guy is a troll who is only here to yank chains.

But to answer your question, again...

I hate the lakers because of their clueless fair-weather fans and recent history of arrogant players like kobe.

Edited by Yzerman#19