• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
germanwing

2009 US OPEN

Rate this topic

Federer and Serena.

Yawn.

Federer has actually been beatable lately. Unfortunately, no one seems able to step to the plate and actually do it. Post-injury Nadal?

I don't think most of the women on the tour have the mental fortitude to beat Serena.

Unfortunately the tourney's been over by the time I get home in the eves. Hopefully they will start having some night matches and I'll get some more tube time in this Holiday weekend.

I'd say go Roddick, but after watching him grasp defeat from the jaws of victory at Wimbledon, I won't go there....

Federer has actually been beatable lately. Unfortunately, no one seems able to step to the plate and actually do it. Post-injury Nadal?

I don't think most of the women on the tour have the mental fortitude to beat Serena.

Unfortunately the tourney's been over by the time I get home in the eves. Hopefully they will start having some night matches and I'll get some more tube time in this Holiday weekend.

I'd say go Roddick, but after watching him grasp defeat from the jaws of victory at Wimbledon, I won't go there....

That's more than a little bit unfair to Andy and to Roger. That was without a doubt the greatest match Andy had ever played. He was absolutely brilliant. He set a Grand Slam record by winning 39 service games (consecutive I might add). He just had the miserable luck of running into the greatest tennis player ever that was every bit as good that day. 16-14 in the 5th set? One service break after 4 and a half hours deciding the match? Ridiculous...

As for the US Open... Clijsters has done the women's game a great favor by beating both Williams sisters. And a massive "haha!" at Serena's meltdown.

Hey norrisnick,

I didn't mean that as an insult to Andy - I've followed his whole career. I always watch him to the bitter end - it is frustrating to watch him play so well like he did at Wimbledon and play the match of his life, and come out sans the trophy. That's why I have to be a little cautious about getting my hopes up.

I actually really enjoy watching the Williams' sisters play tennis. The line judge in that semifinal match should be ashamed imo - you don't call a foot fault (and it didn't even look like one) when match point is on the line in a major unless the foot is way over the line. That's Bush league imo. Serena should not have gone on a tirade, but really I don't care - I kind of miss the McEnroe antics myself.

I like Clijsters though - she deserved to win the match anyways, and I'm glad she won the tourney.

Who is Juan Martin del Porto?? :unsure:

Guest lnvincible
Hey norrisnick,

I didn't mean that as an insult to Andy - I've followed his whole career. I always watch him to the bitter end - it is frustrating to watch him play so well like he did at Wimbledon and play the match of his life, and come out sans the trophy. That's why I have to be a little cautious about getting my hopes up.

I actually really enjoy watching the Williams' sisters play tennis. The line judge in that semifinal match should be ashamed imo - you don't call a foot fault (and it didn't even look like one) when match point is on the line in a major unless the foot is way over the line. That's Bush league imo. Serena should not have gone on a tirade, but really I don't care - I kind of miss the McEnroe antics myself.

I like Clijsters though - she deserved to win the match anyways, and I'm glad she won the tourney.

Who is Juan Martin del Porto?? :unsure:

New young star, he was 0 - 3 against Fed, but that changed ;)