• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings1110

downey signed by coyotes

Rate this topic

I very happy for Downey and I hope he does alright this season. As for a standing O, well I hope he is cheered but a standing O is a bit over the top for the guy. He deserves some credit but he is not Yzerman.

Are you sure he signed? Pretty unlikely if you ask me. I think he was offered a few 2-way contracts that he declined, but was invited to try out with the Coyotes, with the hopes of impressing an earning a 1-way deal. He has no interest in going back to the AHL.

I'm happy he is gone... we don't need a pure goon with average fighting skill and hands made of cement! Sure he might have been a great locker room guy but our room is filled with them.

...I'm glad he found a home, I'm glad its not in Detroit! Cya!

May as well hand Phoenix the Cup now.... :cool:

You might be right.... with that type of enforcer on the bench no one will ever think about stepping out of line in Pheonix.... add his 3 goals and 4 assists and I think that puts them over the top!

Guest micah

I don't think Downey has signed with anyone yet.

I suspect he would be a good fit in Phoenix though. He's a great team and community guy, and non hockey cities need all the great community guys they can get.

Also - Phoenix is sexy and Downey is sexy.

I'm happy he is gone... we don't need a pure goon with average fighting skill and hands made of cement! Sure he might have been a great locker room guy but our room is filled with them.

...I'm glad he found a home, I'm glad its not in Detroit! Cya!

You might be right.... with that type of enforcer on the bench no one will ever think about stepping out of line in Pheonix.... add his 3 goals and 4 assists and I think that puts them over the top!

I always thought of him as a good enforcer, especially for being 6ft even and going up against larger guys. Off the top of my head I can't recall any fights that he lost while he played for us. Out of curiousity does anyone know how many of the current NHL enforcers have knocked someone out in one punch?

I wish him the best of luck and will miss him. I was always pumped when he was in the lineup.

You think Downey's the type of player that warrants a standing ovation? Really?

No kidding, especially from a guy who's barely played for the organization. He's played a total of 60 games in his career with Detroit, but considering ice time, that really the equivalent of about 13 games or less for a guy like Datsyuk. Also, of those games played, a grand total of zero have been playoff games.

Downey is nowhere in the league of carcillo as a player and pest, but as a fighter he is almost if not as good.

Downey would destroy Carcillo. How many heavies has Carcillo fought against?

I just can't believe the Coyotes would sign him. Don't they know that in the "new NHL", there's no place for a guy like Downey? All he did in Detroit was take lots of stupid penalties and was a constant defensive liability. He was also dirty in Grand Rapids.

Glad to hear that Downey is playing this season.

No such conclusion at this point, he first has to play well enough in training camp to earn a spot and at the same time, sign a contract. If all that happens, then yes, he'll be playing in the NHL this season, but even then, not likely to be a regular, but you never know.

Downey would destroy Carcillo. How many heavies has Carcillo fought against?

I just can't believe the Coyotes would sign him. Don't they know that in the "new NHL", there's no place for a guy like Downey? All he did in Detroit was take lots of stupid penalties and was a constant defensive liability. He was also dirty in Grand Rapids.

Still carcillo is far more of an asset, and im talking in weight class. Downey goes to check Seabrook... gets knocked out, Downey is one dimensional