• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

auxlepli

Anyone still depressed

Rate this topic

Like most negative experiences, time has helped heal, but it still stings a little when I'm reminded of it. For example, the other night my wife and I had some of her friends over, and they know absolutely nothing about hockey, other than I work for NHL Gamecenter, and he had the nerve to mention that the Red Wings "choked" and how that must make my job harder. I wanted to choke him, then I calmed down and proceeded to explain what actually happened, and I was reminded how the rest of the world sees the Red Wings, even those who do not know hockey, they drink the Kool-Aid, and they believe that Sid the Skid is the Messiah, and so on. I am looking forward to this season to help erase some of the painful memory, but mainly to see how much hungrier our team is going to be.

Edited by bonan78

If I ever let something as silly and insignificant as professional sports get me depressed, I would immediately quit watching professional sports. I watch sports for joy, and I make the conscious choice to enjoy every minute of it. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy Franzen's cowardly dives, Maltby's chickens*** yapping from behind the linesman, and all of the other things I complain about. I make zero personal investment in my favorite sports teams, and I accept the players on my favorite team are just professional atheles, nothing more. Some are uniquly skilled, some are cowards, some are great, upright, honest men, some are scoundrels and drug addicts. They exist in my life only to entertain me, and when they quit doing so, I'll turn off the TV.

:thumbup:

my sentiments exactly.

Nah, not depressed. It stung for a few days after game 7, but then you look back and realize there was nothing to be ashamed of with the Red Wings. I am still proud of them -- they overcame so many bad circumstances (injuries, schedule) to even get to the Stanley Cup Final was a hell of an accomplishment. The Penguins had everything aligned for them similar to the Red Wings in 2008. I think we all know had the Red Wings been healthy, we would be talking about a possible three-peat right now.

My thoughts exactly.

You know what cheers me up? Seriously.. Watching the highlights of game 5 against the Blackhawks. I'm talking about the absolutely orgasmic PK work by Darren Helm, with the roar of the crowd behind him. Wow

Not to mention his ridiculous breakaway goal against the Ducks. Linky!

I get shivers every single time I watch those highlights and we get a FULL season outta him starting in 4 weeks!!!

Yes, it still hurts to think that Pittsburgh beat the odds after going down 0-2 and 2-3. And it bugs me even more when i think how they did so at the Joe, and how Barry Melrose and all of the sportscasters said "Detroit will win game 7 at home."

When it starts to really bother me some days, i just go to youtube and rewatch us win it in 08 to help minimize the frustration.

Edited by Lidstrom for Norris

You know what cheers me up? Seriously.. Watching the highlights of game 5 against the Blackhawks. I'm talking about the absolutely orgasmic PK work by Darren Helm, with the roar of the crowd behind him. Wow

Or his game 7 breakaway goal against Anaheim.....listening to Ken McDaniel's play by play of it with Mickey Redmond's "My God" still gives me shivers!

Not to mention his ridiculous breakaway goal against the Ducks. Linky!

I get shivers every single time I watch those highlights and we get a FULL season outta him starting in 4 weeks!!!

Or his game 7 breakaway goal against Anaheim.....listening to Ken McDaniel's play by play of it with Mickey Redmond's "My God" still gives me shivers!

Great minds...

I am not over it.

Last night I just deleted all the old games from the Finals off my DVR. I was going to keep them to watch this summer, but w/ the Cup going to Pitt, and Hossa to Chicago, the hell w/ it.

Absolutely. Last year's theme song, "Ready to Roll" was my favorite workout song during the playoffs. Now I still can't listen to it ever. I still haven't seen any pics of Pens players with the Cup. I won't look at them till after we win this year.

Edited by Lovin Jiri Fischer

It still bothers me to think about the game to be honest. Worst of all, we are all going to have to see plenty of crosby commercials with him skating the cup around all season long I'm sure... But I wouldn't say depressed. Definitely not 100% over it though. I hate thinking about it so I try not to.

No question.

Every time I see the cup, the wings banners, hear the words "game 7" or "crosby," I am going to be reminded that we were the first team since 1979 in all professional sports to blow a game 7 at home. If we showed up for maybe 5 minutes in game 7 of the cup finals, when the Pens supposedly best player gets injured for part of the game, we could have repeated as Stanely Cup Champions and solidified an extraordinary sports run.

This isn't counting all the Crosby holding the cup, which I've yet to see, commercials in which the media licks on his balls and makes sure everyone knows who won last year.

Hell yeah I'm still depressed....but you know what?

I'm going to be watching every single wings game (as always), cheering louder than I ever have before, and being more proud of my team than I ever have been knowing that I am now witnessing one the greatest sports franchises to compete, and I'm damn proud to say that they come from my home town of Detroit.

It's getting a bit better but just about everyday i am reminded of our horrifying loss to the freaking penguins!!! Game 7 loss at that which hurts. That game was just terrible and we were down 2-0 so fast i just could not believe that could happen. That goal by Talbot oh my gosh it still haunts me... Why was Ozzie hugging the freaking post!? Yea yea scouting report... freaking Talbot!!!!!???

Sigh... i just know it's only gonna get worse once this season starts cause then i have to watch a thousand Crosby comercials and hear how this guy is the best blah blah blah! It would not bother me as much if they gave this praise to Malkin who deserves it! Anyways... I love our team and here is to an awesome season! :siren:

Nah, not really.

I always change the channel or turn away if I see Pittsburgh Cup commercials or selling their championship DVD, not so much that I hate Pitt, in all honesty I really don't have anything against them even though they've played the Wings in a playoff series twice now (just don't get into the "rivalry" factor all that much usually), but it does bother me of 1 win away, blew it in 2 games straight etc.

Not angry, not depressed, just moderatly annoyed whenever I see related stuff on TV regarding the outcome/final game/series, etc.

Never was depressed... albeit the Wings at Buffalo Wild Wings in Boyne Falls were pretty s***ty that night... which made the whole night rather upsetting... but the score, meh, it was expected really with the way the finals were going.

Auto Industry downturn is really what put a damper on a majority of my travel plans this summer. but its starting to look up.

Its a game, never let a game (in which you are not an active participate), severly depress you! The real world is full of much bigger issues that can depress you... save the worries (and anti-depressant meds to OD on) for those!

New Season, New results!

Edited by OsGOD

Guest micah
Never was depressed... albeit the Wings at Buffalo Wild Wings in Boyne Falls were pretty s***ty that night... which made the whole night rather upsetting... but the score, meh, it was expected really with the way the finals were going.

Auto Industry downturn is really what put a damper on a majority of my travel plans this summer. but its starting to look up.

Its a game, never let a game (in which you are not an active participate), severly depress you! The real world is full of much bigger issues that can depress you... save the worries (and anti-depressant meds to OD on) for those!

New Season, New results!

'Zaclty. This is hockey, not life or family. It is entertainment. If you let professional sports start to get you down, it's time to turn off the game and go fishing or give someone special in your life a hug.

No question.

Every time I see the cup, the wings banners, hear the words "game 7" or "crosby," I am going to be reminded that we were the first team since 1979 in all professional sports to blow a game 7 at home. If we showed up for maybe 5 minutes in game 7 of the cup finals, when the Pens supposedly best player gets injured for part of the game, we could have repeated as Stanely Cup Champions and solidified an extraordinary sports run.

This isn't counting all the Crosby holding the cup, which I've yet to see, commercials in which the media licks on his balls and makes sure everyone knows who won last year.

Hell yeah I'm still depressed....but you know what?

I'm going to be watching every single wings game (as always), cheering louder than I ever have before, and being more proud of my team than I ever have been knowing that I am now witnessing one the greatest sports franchises to compete, and I'm damn proud to say that they come from my home town of Detroit.

I haven't seen it either. I turned off the TV after the handshakes, and avoided all sports networks for the next month.

Nah, not really.

I always change the channel or turn away if I see Pittsburgh Cup commercials or selling their championship DVD, not so much that I hate Pitt, in all honesty I really don't have anything against them even though they've played the Wings in a playoff series twice now (just don't get into the "rivalry" factor all that much usually), but it does bother me of 1 win away, blew it in 2 games straight etc.

Not angry, not depressed, just moderatly annoyed whenever I see related stuff on TV regarding the outcome/final game/series, etc.

Really? I haven't seen anything about the Pens on any channels, including espn. I'm guessing the NHL network probably keeps showing it, but I don't watch that channel in the summer.

Really? I haven't seen anything about the Pens on any channels, including espn. I'm guessing the NHL network probably keeps showing it, but I don't watch that channel in the summer.

It always comes on during watching NHL network, and why not watch it in the offseason?