• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
b.shanafan14

Jason Smith Retires

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly
probably the same reasons as the other 999999999 NHL players who retired at that age

Would be interesting to know the average retirement age, it must be over 35 atleast it feels that way.. probably closer to 37-38? anyone know?

Would be interesting to know the average retirement age, it must be over 35 atleast it feels that way.. probably closer to 37-38? anyone know?

Probably lower than that considering all of the fringe players who leave the NHL in their late 20s and early 30s.

Probably lower than that considering all of the fringe players who leave the NHL in their late 20s and early 30s.

I agree with MacK-- the average age must be around 28-32ish. That would have to include players who "retire" from the NHL by moving to lower leagues permanently after having played many full seasons in the NHL (Feds and Jagr being two examples).

Guest mindfly

Minimum of 500 NHL games then and only include retirement from hockey not to another league / lower league.

Edited by mindfly

Wow - I would've guessed those 2 would've been a match made in heaven.

Quinn may have been harsher on him since he wasn't 35 at the time. Ironically, I think he'd be a good fit as a #6 defenceman on the Oilers under Quinn now. I think retiring at this age takes him out of their cap. Might he come back later under a new, one-year deal with someone needing a depth defenceman>

He might have some sort of record last season for most minutes played without an assist.

From TSN :

Former Edmonton Oilers captain Jason Smith faces charges of domestic assault and confinement after an incident in Calgary earlier this summer.

The Calgary Police Service confirmed Thursday that Smith was arrested after police were called to a southwest Calgary home Aug. 10 at 8 p.m.

Smith, 36, is charged with assaulting his wife and daughter and faces another count of confining his wife. His case goes to court Sept. 17.

<!--quoteo(post=1772598:date=September 2, 2009 - 08:23PM:name=skacore)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (skacore @ September 2, 2009 - 08:23PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1772598"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->probably the same reasons as the other 999999999 NHL players who retired at that age<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ask an ye shall receive:

Average NHL Retirement Age

I always like the guy, it'll be interesting to see how his current legal problems pan out.