• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Wings grant tryout to Dan Cloutier

Rate this topic

I know he won't make the team, but just the fact that we invited him scares the living hell out of me. Are we that desperate in goal? I'd rather take Larsson or McCollum, unprepared and untested as they may be, over Cloutier.

Im all about standing up for new guys, but Cloutier? If he does well during the tryout than good for him. If Howard does not play well we have some depth who might and has experience. Who knows, he could be a late Tim Thomas. Also, if he does make it does this mean we have to make a trade?

I think this move was made just to give Howard some "competition".

I agree. After the initial "WTF?!" moment, that was my exact thought too.

Someone to show Jimmy that there are options, and you're not just given a spot on this team.

BOY I'M SURE GLAD WE LET TY CONKLIN GO.

The only reason why Cloutier is being given a try out is to push Howard for his job. That's it. If Conklin were here he'd have to already have been given a contract, further exacerbating the cap problem and dropping Howard's chances of playing down to near zero.

Veteran try outs like this are intended to push the the fringe players to earn their jobs. That's it.

The odds of Cloutier making the team are almost zero. He's here to push Howard and catch the attention of other clubs.

"Well Jimmy, the good news is you won't be playing in GR this year, as a matter of fact just to show you how much faith we have in you, we went and signed the worst possible NHL goalie we could find to compete with you out of camp. Congrats Kid!!!"

LMAO Howard has to be pissed, in fairness to Cloutier if he really does out play Jimmy then welcome the team and I guess we'll know that Jimmy was never meant to be an NHL goalie.