• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Greatest Backhands in Hockey

Rate this topic

Like someone above said, Bert does have a pretty mean backhander actually and has some nice goals because of it. He pulls it backhand quick and gets it over the tendys shoulder like its his job.... oh wait it is his job.

Not by any means one of the greatest backhands, but a memorable one... Have you guys noticed, when he's on a breakaway, this is the move he ALWAYS tries. I think they're on to him.

Edited by The Nephilim

Goal number 3

Ah yes, I remember it now. Really not that great of a backhand, just great awareness by Pavel.

Not by any means one of the greatest backhands, but a memorable one... Have you guys noticed, when he's on a breakaway, this is the move he ALWAYS tries. I think they're on to him.

Ya they shoud definitely be on to Cleary by now. He needs a new move. He tried that against the Pens in the finals and Fleury didn't bite.

Edited by under_par_00

Ah yes, I remember it now. Really not that great of a backhand, just great awareness by Pavel.

Ya they shoud definitely be on to Cleary by now. He needs a new move. He tried that against the Pens in the finals and Fleury didn't bite.

Yep, dying seconds of game 6..... :( To be fair, its been his money move for a while, but he does need to do something different now and then, just to keep the goalies honest.

I remember someone saying once that Kariya had a backhand slapshot - anyone got a video of it?

Like someone above said, Bert does have a pretty mean backhander actually and has some nice goals because of it. He pulls it backhand quick and gets it over the tendys shoulder like its his job.... oh wait it is his job.

I don't see Bert as having a good backhand. He has a good move where he goes to the backhand during shootouts/breakaways, but really, I can't think of a time i've seen him fire one on a whim. St. Louis was another guy mentioned, he has a move where he uses it in the shootout, but i havent seen him take one top shelf in the second period.

My little sister can't remember her password, but she went on and on about Paul Kariya and how he keeps his stick straight for occasions where he needs a good back hand.

Next time I'll just tell her the password.

My little sister can't remember her password, but she went on and on about Paul Kariya and how he keeps his stick straight for occasions where he needs a good back hand.

Next time I'll just tell her the password.

Here's another vote for Paul Kariya. He has great coordination and really gets under the shot for just an awesome backhand.

So Sundin, Damphousse, Modano, Kariya, Selanne... You people realize there might be guys nowadays that can snipe 'em home backhand, not just the stars of the 90's.