• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

russianswede919293

GDT 9/6/09 Detroit Red Wings v Atlanta Thrashers

Rate this topic

A GDT! :scared:

Really hope Stephen Johnston can have a strong tournament, he needs it. Last season was a tough one for the youngster, he showed some promising signs early but had a poor second half, mainly due to injuries. I think he's got the size, skill and upside to be a nice 3rd line forward down the track, but first he'll have to earn another contract. That starts tonight.

Dick Axelsson should hopefully dominate and I hope Ferraro lights it up. Lashoff is the defenseman I'm most looking forward to seeing and Mursak and Tatar are also intriguing prospects, the former in particUlar needs to show some signs.

Can't wait!

Edited by Aussie_Wing

I think that there are a few players that need to make big strides in this tournament.

I think McCollum needs to show enough in the tournament to get some legit game time in the pre-season.

Lashoff needs to make an impression going into the season, where as I expect Kolosov and Pyett (mostly Pyett) to dominate in order to make a step towards being the top defenseman in Grand Rapids.

I'm hopping Axelsson and Ferraro have good showings, and I think Ryno and Mursak really need to play well after they have each had their struggles.

Im hoping that Ferraro and Tatar show early signs of greatness because I believe they will be rocks for the Wings in a couple years

and I am also looking for BIG THINGS from Axelsson and Ryno as they both need to prove that they can handle playing in North America and show that they deserve to be in Grand Rapids.

Too be honest I'm not expecting much from Ryno. He's not going to make the Wings but somehow he's of the opinion that he has a shot. And it looks as though he's not willing to spend the season in Grand Rapids ala Leino. Expecting him to bomb out and then go back home, prove me wronh Johan.

Too be honest I'm not expecting much from Ryno. He's not going to make the Wings but somehow he's of the opinion that he has a shot. And it looks as though he's not willing to spend the season in Grand Rapids ala Leino. Expecting him to bomb out and then go back home, prove me wronh Johan.

I hope you are wrong. I know he won't make the team, and I think that there is a chance he could stay. Although his comments do lead otherwise. It would be nice to see what he can do for a while season, but if he wants to be the next Grigorenko peace out, we've got a Johan.

I don't really get how Ryno after two sub-par seasons is still has this mentality:

"I haven't thought about what I would do if I was sent to Grand Rapids. I am here to make Detroit, but if I don't, then I have to think about it then."

I would've thought that getting to the Grand Rapids would be a big enough success.

Guest mindfly

If Ryno doesn't want to play in GR like 95% of all wings draft picks must do then he's not worth it, he needs to understand he must work his way up and earn a spot...

He's a typical swede, he should join Omark in the KHL.

I'd really like to see Mursak pick it up. He had a pretty bad season with GR last year, but I'm hoping his skill can start to break through. I think that he and Dick Axelsson have the most offensive potential of the bunch, along with Ferraro and Tatar now (remains to be seen if Tatar can carry over his success).

I think Ryno needs to be a little more humble. It's ridiculous. The guy spent some time in GR, did very well but felt uncomfortable and went back overseas. He got hit with injuries and pretty much stunk it up over there. You wanna make the team, do what everyone else does. At the moment, you're nothing special.

McCollum will do well, IMO. I think he might have a slow start, but he should have a decent year. That's what I'm predicting, anyway.

Max Nicastro is a guy I have some high hopes for. Don't know if he's #1 in my mind though. My fear for him is that he just ends up like Jamie Pushor. He's not on the roster probably because BU has started classes already.

I also would like to keep an eye on Mursak. This year is a pretty big one for him.

Not sure where Ryno is coming from? Did he even play in the SEL last year? I like the kid as a prospect,but there is NO WAY he is ready for a spot on the Wings. He should be glad the Wings still believe in him and have a spot for him in Grand Rapids. Little disappointed right now...

Axelsson and Tatar have the highest potentials out of all the prospects in my opinion. Tatar spent a lot of his summer "beefing up" with the help of none other that Aaron Downey. Ryno will never be a NHL player, but right now im fine with him helping out the Griffins.

Axelsson and Tatar have the highest potentials out of all the prospects in my opinion. Tatar spent a lot of his summer "beefing up" with the help of none other that Aaron Downey. Ryno will never be a NHL player, but right now im fine with him helping out the Griffins.

Incorrect. That was Jamie Tardif, not Tatar.