• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gnredwing

Nick Lidstrom

Rate this topic

This is Lidstroms final year of his contract. Does anybody think there is any chance after this season he will retire? I really hope that wouldnt happen but I guess you never no. What do you guys think???

Barring serious injuries, there is no way Lidstrom is retiring after this year. He still has the skill, desire to play and he's the captain of a contender, which means playing some more years could give him a couple more Stanley Cup rings ;) Is there any better motivation to stay in the game?

Not a chance in the world he hangs 'em up after this season. Nick's situation at his age is much different than Stevie's was (for example). Nick is still one of the best, if not the best, player at his position in the NHL. At this age, Stevie Y had been battered by injuries, and his retirement was caused 100% because of that. I'd say that Nick will go the route of 1 year contracts after this season, but will probably stay around for another 3 years, if we're lucky!

He said he wants to keep playing.

That said, I think the end is near. He's not the kind of guy to keep playing after his ability to dominate is gone. He'll walk away on top, and if/when the Wings another Cup (after this year), I think he walks away on top.

He said he wants to keep playing.

That said, I think the end is near. He's not the kind of guy to keep playing after his ability to dominate is gone. He'll walk away on top, and if/when the Wings another Cup (after this year), I think he walks away on top.

I feel the same. . . if Wings win a Cup this year, Lidstrom goes out on top.

Lidstrom could probably play until he's 50 if he wanted.

The question is does he want to go out on a high note or slowly become a pale shadow of his former self like Chelios has?

I don't think this will be his last season, but I don't think he'll play more than maybe 1-2 more years beyond this.