• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pazzloski

Winter Classic jersey

Rate this topic

I'm in the market for a winter classic jersey, probably a Franzen or a Datsyuk. Has anyone ever bought a jersey from this site? They just seem alot cheaper than anything i could get up here in canada. They say that they are authentic but i have my doubts about that. I was wondering if anyone has bought a jersey online and can suggest a credible website to order one from. Tks for any help.

I'm in the market for a winter classic jersey, probably a Franzen or a Datsyuk. Has anyone ever bought a jersey from this site? They just seem alot cheaper than anything i could get up here in canada. They say that they are authentic but i have my doubts about that. I was wondering if anyone has bought a jersey online and can suggest a credible website to order one from. Tks for any help.

http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/datsyuk.../ioffer/0/false

Those are fake. Most likely from the Chinese company. Here's a couple things to look for in the real vs fake jerseys.

A - The real Reebok Edge WC jerseys don't have the red lining over the "D" logo (The part that makes it look like the D logo is glowing). Most of the fakes tend to have that lining.

B - The Wings logo patch on the shoulders however does have a red "aura" around it on the real jerseys, wheras the ones you've linked to do not.

C - The font on the names on the back is too small on the fakes. On the authentics, it's a larger and thicker font. Also, the Edge jerseys do not have a name plate for the names.

D - The sleeves taper off a bit at the end on the Reebok Edge jersey (though, it's hard to see that in most of the pictures), whereas they are straight cut on the fakes.

I have a Reebok Edge WC jersey, and when you see that one up close, and see how well it's make, the chinese knock offs become ridiculously easy to spot.

Bottom line, the old adage of "You get what you pay for" applies here too. When it comes to a jersey that was originally around $300, plus $75 for the name customization, you're not going to find someone whose selling one of the real jerseys for $40 on an auction site.

I have two authentic jerseys and two fake chines ones. My Yzerman and blank Winter Classic jerseys were purchased from authentic stores here in Canada, but I am still happy about the ones I got from Chinese wholesalers. They are perfectly fine for wearing around the house, or going to the rink, and I don't get upset if i get them dirty or anything. I have a Zetterberg one from Lightinthebox.com (which is frankly pretty s***ty, but I paid 20 bucks for it so whatever), and a Chelios one from dhgate (seller ronowang1981) which is surprisingly realistic. Here is a link to a thread that has covered the Chinese wholesale jersey topic extensively, with pictures of my jerseys plus many others.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...0&start=720

As a jersey collector, I have really got myself an education of whats fake and whats not. I have bought quite a few jersies from these dealers that sell these so called 'authentic' jersies at much lower prices. I know that they are not authentic, and you really get what you pay for!

If I am really having my heart set on a true authentic jersey, I get it from shopnhl.com. I know there are other distributors of authentic jersies that are reputable. But the fitment, quality, return policy can't compare to nhl.com. But you will pay for it.

I bought my WC jersey, full on customized with Lidstrom on the back. I paid top dollar for it. But I can tell you, it is by far the best fitting, feeling, sharpest jersey I have ever worn!

I don't think you can buy the Winter Classic jerseys at retail anymore, Reebok stopped making them. Some of the sporting goods stores around Detroit like Dick's and Dunham's had them for a while, but they may be sold out now too.

I was lucky enough to get a Winter Classic Authentic jersey and it is THE best jersey I own hands down. When I finally have it customized it will be with Lidstrom. Sportsk is normally where I buy all my jerseys (except for the WC because SportsK said they were too costly to carry). I don't spend the money on the knock offs.

If you're lucky enough to land an authentic - it's worth the money.

Good Luck finding one!!

Buy this jersey: http://www.sportsk.com/viredwi19.html

Add this patch: http://www.sportsk.com/20wiclpa.html

Good to go!

Sportsk sends their jerseys to the same people who sew the Wings on-ice jerseys, so its 100% authentic.

Best idea.. then at least you know it's real and the logo or stitching etc isn't wrong.