• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Who was the better player - Poll question

Rate this topic

Who was the better player?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. Dean Youngblood

youngblood_pin_f_zoom.jpg

2. Gordon Bombay

Gordon-Bombay.jpg

Now Dean Youngblood had great speed and a little more grit, but Bombay was a masterful stick handler before his tragic knee injury...

discuss.

EDIT - quick side note, both were righties... hmmm

Edited by stevkrause

From what I remember, Bombay was in a league resembling the AHL while Youngblood was in a league resembling the OHL, so who's to say that was Youngblood's prime?

Still, i'm gonna go with Bombay. He knew what it took to make it to the big leagues, and all that kid Youngblood was worried about was learning to fight on ice (to avenge Patrick Swayze, of course).

From what I remember, Bombay was in a league resembling the AHL while Youngblood was in a league resembling the OHL, so who's to say that was Youngblood's prime?

Still, i'm gonna go with Bombay. He knew what it took to make it to the big leagues, and all that kid Youngblood was worried about was learning to fight on ice (to avenge Patrick Swayze, of course).

look similar??

younguniform.jpg

hmm...

lindsey_ted.jpg

just saying...

Bombay. That triple deke was awesome.

As a hockey fan, I was offended by the film Youngblood. The end of that movie was a joke, most likely directed by someone who'd never watched hockey before in their life.

At least "Mighty Ducks" was never meant to be taken seriously as a film.

Tough call because Youngblood did have some pretty slick moves with the puck and did score some big goals...Bombay was pretty good himself with the puck so who knows haha

yes, the triple deke was pretty revolutionary... he also came up with the flying V... but that was in his coaching career, so it can't really be used to judge him as a player... clearly a visionary though!

Deaner FTW. Plus he hooked up with the kinda hot 80's house mom.
That's what I'm talkin 'bout. Tea Time with Miss McGill!

As a hockey fan, I was offended by the film Youngblood. The end of that movie was a joke, most likely directed by someone who'd never watched hockey before in their life.
I do agree that the fight scene at the end is pure ridiculousness when they are jousting with their hockey sticks :blink: And then there is the scene in the weight room where a dude is doing squats with his freaking breezers on....

BUT, Mighty Ducks had that damned Flying V, knucklepuck etc.

I gotta vote Youngblood.

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

I do agree that the fight scene at the end is pure ridiculousness when they are jousting with their hockey sticks :blink: And then there is the scene in the weight room where a dude is doing squats with his freaking breezers on....

I gotta vote Youngblood.

What made it ridiculous wasn't only that there never is any such fight in hockey, but that their team had just won the Memorial Cup. They should have been celebrating like crazy, instead they get into a circle and root for a stickfight.

Because hockey players don't shake hands after games. Instead, they engage in stickfights. Worst movie ever.

Oh, and like I said, Mighty Ducks was a Disney movie, so it wasn't meant to be serious.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Bombay. That triple deke was awesome.

At least "Mighty Ducks" was never meant to be taken seriously as a film.

post-15197-1252440473_thumb.jpg

I do agree that the fight scene at the end is pure ridiculousness when they are jousting with their hockey sticks :blink:And then there is the scene in the weight room where a dude is doing squats with his freaking breezers on....

I gotta vote Youngblood.

Wasn't that to protect him from Patty S's flirty towel slaps?

at the same token, look at the sweet move at the end of the clip -

You guys will get a kick out of this one - I had no idea that the puck had to be flat on the ice for it to be a goal! Being the fool I am, I just thought that it had to cross the line...