• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Who was the better player - Poll question

Rate this topic

Who was the better player?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest CaliWingsNut
The Wings must have one of the most popular jersey patterns. Wasn't Zetterberg's Timra jersey the same pattern as the Wings?

Minus the numbers, they remind me more of Probert and Steve Y.

Dean Youngblood was a junior hockey LEGEND while Gordon Bombay was a guy who "used to rule in Peewees." (I can't believe I just quoted that movie. I yell at my players for doing that...) I'd pick Youngblood 10 times out of 10.

That said, Reg Dunlop would smoke both of 'em. In a leather bell-bottom suit, no less.

This one is a no brainer - Dean Youngblood, by a landslide. Not only would I take Dean over Gordan Bombay, I would have taken Dean's brother, Kelly Youngblood over Bombay. Why you ask? Simple, this quote:

Kelly Youngblood: Don't take any s*** from them Canucks. To them, you're just another *******, crossing the border to play their game.

Dean Youngblood: They'll never catch me!

Kelly Youngblood: Oh, they'll catch you.

And then of course -- this:

Bombay didn't have it, Youngblood did, he just needed add some sandpaper to his game, which he did.

This one is a no brainer - Dean Youngblood, by a landslide. Not only would I take Dean over Gordan Bombay, I would have taken Dean's brother, Kelly Youngblood over Bombay. Why you ask? Simple, this quote:

And then of course -- this:

Bombay didn't have it, Youngblood did, he just needed add some sandpaper to his game, which he did.

I just don't know why they couldn't have just squared up - as someone else said, the little stick fight in the beginning and when it happened in the game really annoyed me... other than that, Youngblood was a generally good hockey movie... especially with the dretch that's come out for hockey movies in the last 2 decades (short of Mystery Alaska - just funny, Mighty Ducks trilogy - good kids movies to generate interest in the game and Miracle - obvious)

" you miss this shot, your not just letting me down , your letting your whole team down too. I wish your dad was here to seee this . making him proud!" .. TINK

I go with Youngblood. he could score in pressure situations. not a 7 yr old from MN. Ya gotta produce kid .. haha

I vote Bombay.

Some other honorable mentions though....

Adam "Cake Eater" Banks

and

Gunner "Lets Go Shek Their Hends" Stahl

Banks wasn't able to reach his true potential until he was rerouted to District 5 and played for the brilliant mind of Coach Bombay.

On the otherhand, Stahl was coached by The Wolfman, Wolf Stansson, whose lack of knowledge of the game hurt the overall performance of Stahl.

Edited by hooon

There is only one answer.

Reg Dunlop.

You may very well be correct. However the majority of the members here probably weren't born yet when that movie came out. Which might also explain why Disney's Bombay got so many votes...... :ph34r: Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

You may very well be correct. However the majority of the members here probably weren't born yet when that movie came out. Which might also explain why Disney's Bombay got so many votes...... :ph34r:

I wasn't born yet either, but that film is one I still watch over and over again. I think most posters here have either heard of or seen the film. At least I hope so.

Rob Lowe is a punk. Bombay for the win!

Never saw Youngblood, but any movie with Rob Lowe AND Patrick Swayze has ridiculous crappiness written all over it.

Which Patrick Swayze? the Swayze who was in Youngblood, Red Dawn, Road House, The Outsiders, Steel Dawn and Point Break is a total butt-kicking bad ass. The Swayze in Dirty Dancing, Ghost, Whoopi and One Last Dance is a complete mincing ninny.

Edited by egroen

Reg was a great leader, but was he really a great player?

exactly - in the same vein, I could have nominated any of the Hanson brothers..

Also, clearly, this post was for fun... I also though about nominating John Biebe, but was worried, even with a picture, that most people wouldn't get the reference...

and to the poster who said most wouldn't know Reg Dunlop - don't insult us... anyone who doesn't, should immediately imdb the name and go out and rent the single greatest hockey movie of all time associated with said character...

exactly - in the same vein, I could have nominated any of the Hanson brothers..

Also, clearly, this post was for fun... I also though about nominating John Biebe, but was worried, even with a picture, that most people wouldn't get the reference...

and to the poster who said most wouldn't know Reg Dunlop - don't insult us... anyone who doesn't, should immediately imdb the name and go out and rent the single greatest hockey movie of all time associated with said character...

Dean Youngblood gets my vote in this poll.

A closer tally would be Dunlop/Beibe. Now thats a tuff call to make, but i think i'd take Beibe, then I'd go skate the river. Or stud the tires on my Gas Gas and go ride the river.roost.gif

Edited by T.Low

Let's face it, Bombay isn't even a 'has been'...he's a 'never was'. How anyone could vote for him is beyond me. That being said, Youngblood doesn't exactly do much for me either. But he did play at a higher level than Bombay.

My vote goes to Julie 'the cat' Gaffney