• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CenterIce

New News on Lilja

Rate this topic

I'm calling it now.

He comes back for the first Chicago game, and drops the gloves with Kopecky, and proceeds to pummel Kopecky into a coma.

Close. He's gonna bang the heads of Kopey and Byfuglien together and then says "nyuck nyuck nyuck" in Swedish.

Close. He's gonna bang the heads of Kopey and Byfuglien together and then says "nyuck nyuck nyuck" in Swedish.

I can already see the fear of God in Kopecky's face, if Lilja was to drop the gloves with him. I mean, he's witnessed Lilja's wrath first hand. We know Kopecky won't throw any punches, so there's no fear of any concussion possibly occuring.

If Lillypads were healthy and in the lineup, I almost wonder if Babcock would move Ericsson up to second pairing to spread out the big defenseman a little, and avoid a Stuart-Kronwall pairing which can be problematic.

All in all though, it'd be great just to have him back, especially if it puts Lebda out of the lineup.

Generally, the protocol is to take things slowly with severe post-concussion syndrome.

Once he's symptom-free for a week or so, then they'll let him do light workouts and such. Then the workouts are ramped up depending on how the headaches and such are during and after the workouts.

The biggest hurdle is getting cleared for contact practices. Once that happens, the player has to be symptom-free for seven days, then he can be cleared to play.

I'll know first hand this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed, gang.

I know this - I missed the hell out of that boy during the playoffs.

If Lilja is healthy, Lebda has got to go.

I fear that this may not be the case... Lebda is so cheap, that letting him go doesn't really make a difference salary cap-wise...

I can already see the fear of God in Kopecky's face, if Lilja was to drop the gloves with him. I mean, he's witnessed Lilja's wrath first hand. We know Kopecky won't throw any punches, so there's no fear of any concussion possibly occuring.

He said he would never fight again, but I guess Kopecky doesn't count. But Koko has a few tricks up his sleeve, like the patented FaceBlockâ„¢ (where he blocks heavy punches with his face) and IcePossumâ„¢ (where he falls over so much that he spends half of his shifts lying on the ice).

What I'm looking forward to is seeing Kronwall dish out a big hig - Havlat is gone, so he'll need to find someone else...

Oh, and you heard it here first - Detroit wins and shuts out Chicago, but Brian Campbell and Brent Seabrook combine for 5 assists.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20..._andreas_l.html

Red Wings defenseman Andreas Lilja feeling better, has no doubt he will play again

by Ansar Khan

Tuesday September 08, 2009, 9:15 PM

"I'm a lot more positive,'' Lilja said. "I'm almost 100 percent sure I'm going to play -- it's just a matter of when.''

The PK was pretty dreadful all season, with and without Lilja.

A lot of that falls squarely on Osgood's shoulders. Osgood was flat-out awful on the PK last season.... with a save percentage of .852 on the PK.

I do think Lilja was one of the many straws that alone could have put Detroit over the top.

A lot of that falls squarely on Osgood's shoulders. Osgood was flat-out awful on the PK last season.... with a save percentage of .852 on the PK.

Good point. People might not want to hear it, but in the playoffs they also ran into a pretty extraordinary string of bad luck on the PK for a while where they'd do everything right and minimize scoring chances for a minute and fifty seconds, and then one stupid point shot would get through and pick the corner, or ricochet off six guys and then to an open man with a yawning cage. It was getting downright silly after it persisted for like a dozen games.

I do think Lilja was one of the many straws that alone could have put Detroit over the top.

No arguments from me.

Good point. People might not want to hear it, but in the playoffs they also ran into a pretty extraordinary string of bad luck on the PK for a while where they'd do everything right and minimize scoring chances for a minute and fifty seconds, and then one stupid point shot would get through and pick the corner, or ricochet off six guys and then to an open man with a yawning cage. It was getting downright silly after it persisted for like a dozen games.

I am hoping that was literally an anomaly of a season for Detroit's PK and it gets right back to being one of the best in the league.

Osgood really does have to work on his lateral movement and positioning on the PK though.