• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CenterIce

Top 15 NHL hitters

Rate this topic

Out of the guys included on that list, I might rank Kronwall first. They definitely seem to be East-biased, as mentioned in the comments, and also seem to be more concerned with big hits than who is the best hitter.

Honestly, I might take Kopecky over maybe half the guys mentioned between the top 15 and the HMs.

Out of the guys included on that list, I might rank Kronwall first. They definitely seem to be East-biased, as mentioned in the comments, and also seem to be more concerned with big hits than who is the best hitter.

Honestly, I might take Kopecky over maybe half the guys mentioned between the top 15 and the HMs.

Kronwall is a huge open ice hitter in the playoffs not really the reg season. Looch is a force all year round and is strong along the boards, something Kronwall sort of lacks.

And to say you would take Kopecky over some of those guys is just plain retarded. The guy made one big hit in a preseason game, he sucked and couldn't fill his role as a 4th liner.

I could make an extensive list when we talk about regular season :D

Yes, but just like other stats, playoff performance is better than regular season in my mind, even with hits.

Not many players have their name turned into a verb for destruction, after all.

Kronwall is #2 and they use that weak ass Ribeiro hit as the example? That hit isn't even in HIS top 10.

He probably doesn't even remember that one.

My personal favorite is the one on Mietinnen. Everything about it was just beautiful.

Not a great list.

Kronwall doesn't hit that often to be put on the list at all. He has laid people out before, but doesn't hit often compared to these other guys.

Doug Murray should have been on the list and Clutterbuck should have been higher, considering how he had more hits last year than anyone else in history.

Also, Kopecky couldn't hit up a bong, so eva needs to dispense with that kind of humor.

Throw in a gauge for pound for pound prowess and I might consider him number 1, though overall I definitely think #2 is a bit high.

Guest Lidstromboli

kronwall is good but not top 5, maybe not even top 10

he's nothing like scott stevens

Kronwall is #2 and they use that weak ass Ribeiro hit as the example? That hit isn't even in HIS top 10.

BTW, glad to see Dustin Brown gettin' some love. Great hitter.

esteef

They also used Brendan Morrow as an example and I honestly can't recall of any big hit on Morrow by Kronwall. Unless they confused him with Miettinen, but I don't see how that could be possible.

Mark says:

September 9, 2009 at 10:40 am

Kronwall is notorious for leaving his feet and gunning for the head. Sure, the hits are devastating, but half of them aren’t legal. I am surprised you left Jordin Tootoo off the list. He is a powerful skater that delivers a ferocious hit.

A poster on this page said this. I hate when people say these things "Ohhhhh, he always leave his feet"... Yes he leaves his feet, but AFTER contact. Virtually everytime he connects with somebody for a hit, he feet are always on the ground at the point of contact, he leaves his feet because he's a rather short guy and the momentum and power forces him to leave his feet... AFTER CONTACT.