• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crazy13

Q&A with … new Red Wings RW Todd Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

So maybe Todd Bertuzzi's first stint with the Red Wings didn't go especially well. That didn't stop Ken Holland from giving it another go this offseason when the Red Wings G.M. brought in the big forward to help replace the scoring that was lost with the offseason departures of Marian Hossa, Mikael Samuelsson and Jiri Hudler. Bertuzzi spent a few minutes chatting with Sporting News' Craig Custance about his return to Detroit.

Q: In the departure of Samuelsson, Hossa and Hudler, the Red Wings lost a combined 82 goals from last year. How do you replace that?

A: I don't think you can really replace it. You chip away at that collectively, including guys who were on the team last year. I know (Dan) Cleary is ready to take it to another level. I know (Henrik Zetterberg) can continue his pace and (Tomas Holmstrom) and (Johan Franzen). We have enough scoring collectively. Our main goal is to do well defensively—two or three goals a game should win games here.

Q: What attracted you about a return to Detroit?

A: Just from my little stint here (eight games in 2007), it was one of the places that I felt comfortable. It was good knowing coming to the rink every day we were trying to win and hoping to win. Any time you can get in an organization like that, it's a load off your shoulders. Especially with the amount of talent they have in this room. It's an easy group to get along with, too.

Q: Were you disappointed when Calgary didn't make a bigger effort to keep you?

A: Yeah, I think so. You know what? It's one of those things that you just let it go. There's no point in throwing stones at anyone. I had a good time there, met some great people there and have good friends there. I wish them the best.

Q: With the addition of Jay Bouwmeester, they have the makings of a serious contender. What did you think of their offseason?

A: They have a good back end, they can compare themselves to our back end, talent-wise. It's one of those things where now you have to go out and do it. I think with the goaltending they have, I think they're capable of taking a bigger step.

Q: What could prevent Calgary from making that step?

A: Losing (Mike) Cammalleri, his goals and his offense. I think they're going to have to find from within some guys to have 20-goal seasons. Offensively, I think if anything, they have a tiny bit of a shortcoming. But they have enough, especially with Jarome Iginla. I take my hat off to that guy, especially playing with him. I have a lot of respect for that guy and what he does for that city. I see great things for them.

Q: What did you learn about Jarome by playing with him?

A: Just his competitiveness. Each and every day, just wanting to win. Whether it was off the ice and stupid things that we do or on the ice. He always wanted to win and he came to compete hard. He has an unbelievable work ethic. I don't think people know how hard or how many hours he puts in to get himself ready.

Yeah that interview was lame. That guy must be a huge Flames fan.

Q: "Isn't Jarome Iginla awesome!!??"

Q: "OMG OMG OMG what about the Flames?"

EDIT: He had 4 CGY questions, and 2 DET questions, for those who care.

Edited by Chelios57

Yeah that interview just took a turn for the worse about halfway through. Who cares what his former team is doing?

:lol: Ya, Hey Todd how do you like being back in Detroit? "I like It" Hey what about Calgary? And Calgary? And the Flames? And Iginlia? How's Calgary? Bouwmeester? Jerome? FLames? Calgary? Money? FLames? Kipper? Keenan? Flames? Calgary? Flames? Calgary?

Well that concludes our interview with the newest and once again Detroit Red Wings forward, Todd Bertuzzi. Good luck to the Calgary Flames...

Todd, anything else you may want to add about the Flames? What about Jerome? Calgary? Calgary? Ok, good luck in Calgary...

:lol: Ya, Hey Todd how do you like being back in Detroit? "I like It" Hey what about Calgary? And Calgary? And the Flames? And Iginlia? How's Calgary? Bouwmeester? Jerome? FLames? Calgary? Money? FLames? Kipper? Keenan? Flames? Calgary? Flames? Calgary?

Well that concludes our interview with the newest and once again Detroit Red Wings forward, Todd Bertuzzi. Good luck to the Calgary Flames...

Todd, anything else you may want to add about the Flames? What about Jerome? Calgary? Calgary? Ok, good luck in Calgary...

:lol: