• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HELLDOGSbmx

Heatley traded to Sharks for Michalek, Cheecho, 2nd Round Pick

Rate this topic

Correct me If I'm wrong... We Still have a CAP right?

doesnt this put them in Salary Cap Hell right now?

The Sharks already had cap issues, but this is a pretty lateral move for them salary-wise. Cheechoo and Michalek make a combined $7.33 million while Heatley makes $7.5 million. They're going to have to dump more salary.

Great deal for both teams. The Sharks came out ahead though. Heatley is elite, and they didn't give up anything great to get him. Cheechoo was useless for the Sharks, and Michalek, while valuable, isn't a huge loss - that hole can be filled.

The Sharks are going to be scary. I mean, I still think they'll choke in the playoffs, but watch out in the regular season.

The Sharks already had cap issues, but this is a pretty lateral move for them salary-wise. Cheechoo and Michalek make a combined $7.33 million while Heatley makes $7.5 million. They're going to have to dump more salary.

Doesn't this + dumping Ehrhoff and Lukowich in Vancouver solve that?

And the Sens got the better deal. Heatley will have his little hissy fits in SJ too, and then he'll do nothing in the playoffs just like his soon-to-be linemate Thornton, while Nabby's tired out from playing 65+ games in the season, not to mention losing their defensive depth in ehrhoff and lukowich and still having rob blake in their top 4 pairings. I sure hope we play them first round.

I like the deal for both sides, but I actually think the Sens did the right thing waiting to make this deal...Cheechoo and Michalek were really important players for San Jose, and the Sharks gave up that depth for one player - granted he is a franchise goal scorer, but given that the Sharks STILL have to dump some salary, they may be one injury away from real trouble now.

I CALLED IT. Where are all the people saying I was crazy??? I KNEW Heatley was going to San Jose. But what I didn't know was that the Sharks were gonna give up Michalek and Cheechoo. I actually like this move for the Sens.

You did call it.

I think this move will hurt San Jose more than help it. But it will be interesting to watch.

Actually, this makes the first game between San Jose and Anaheim -- the first for both I believe -- far more interesting. Thornton and Heatley on a line matched up against Getzlaf, Perry, and possibly Ryan? Anaheim coach Carlyle already found that matching his top against anyone else's tops was a good move -- you folks remember that -- and I have to think that matchup will be slick.

You did call it.

I think this move will hurt San Jose more than help it. But it will be interesting to watch.

Actually, this makes the first game between San Jose and Anaheim -- the first for both I believe -- far more interesting. Thornton and Heatley on a line matched up against Getzlaf, Perry, and possibly Ryan? Anaheim coach Carlyle already found that matching his top against anyone else's tops was a good move -- you folks remember that -- and I have to think that matchup will be slick.

Can a line of Marleau-Thornton-Heatley co-exist? If so it would be really interesting to watch them against the Getzlaf line.

Guest mindfly

Sharks will be dangerous.. what a s***ty deal for sens.. no marleu, no 1st rounder... meh they must have been desperate to get rid of the cancer

Not bad for the Sens. Michalek is an underrated player IMO and comes with no attitude problems.

Big fan of Michalek

Good trade from both teams perspectives

- Sharks dump Cheechoo and his salary

- Sens dump Heatley before camp

- Sharks get their obligatory big offseason shake-up

- Sens get a good young player in Michalek

- Sens get a former 50 goal scorer who could regain some of his form with a change of scenery