• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
StevieY'sguy

This Year's Line Combos

Rate this topic

Please post what you think the best line combos for the wings would be this season, here are mine:

Clearly-Datsyuk-Zetterburg

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Leino-Williams-Helm

Holmstrom-Draper-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Ericsson

Stuart-Lebda

Please post what you think the best line combos for the wings would be this season, here are mine:

Clearly-Datsyuk-Zetterburg

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Leino-Williams-Helm

Holmstrom-Draper-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Ericsson

Stuart-Lebda

Ok I don't get it. Why would you put Homer on the fourth line. He's not effective on the fourth line.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

I dont know how MANY of these threads there have been but here it goes for hopefully the last time...

Bertuzzi, Datsyuk, Cleary

Franzen, Zetterberg, Holmstrom

Leino, Filppula, Williams

Helm, Draper, Eaves

13th = Maltby/Abdelkader/Emmerton

Lidstrom, Raflaski

Kronwall, Stuart

Ericcsson, Lebda

7th = Meech/Kindl/Delmore/Janik

Osgood

Howard/Cloutier(depending on what happens there...but I would think it will be Jimmy)

so...no more line threads!

These threads suck.

Don't worry, no one invited you.

The best lines IMO are with Zetterberg and Datsyuk together and Filppula on the second line, but I don't think babs thinks the same way. He needs to hire me as the line coach.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Ok I don't get it. Why would you put Homer on the fourth line. He's not effective on the fourth line.

To be honest with you i don't think he will be all that effective on any line...He's on the fourth line in my book with Maltby and Draper because all three are washed up and are really only around because the Wings have too much class to cast off a player who has given them over a decade of good service....He provided a service of being on a top 2 line and screening the goalie to help out the much more highly skilled players on his line.....we have Bertuzzi for that now who's body isn't quite as banged up as Tomas and who has more pure talent. He showed his irrelevancy during the playoffs last year. I agree, with the poster above, i think Z and Dats need to be together and Flipper should be on the 2nd line.

I dont know how MANY of these threads there have been but here it goes for hopefully the last time...

Bertuzzi, Datsyuk, Cleary

Franzen, Zetterberg, Holmstrom

Leino, Filppula, Williams

Helm, Draper, Eaves

13th = Maltby/Abdelkader/Emmerton

Lidstrom, Raflaski

Kronwall, Stuart

Ericcsson, Lebda

7th = Meech/Kindl/Delmore/Janik

Osgood

Howard/Cloutier(depending on what happens there...but I would think it will be Jimmy)

so...no more line threads!

Someone has been paying attention to training camp.

Edited by rick zombo

To be honest with you i don't think he will be all that effective on any line...He's on the fourth line in my book with Maltby and Draper because all three are washed up and are really only around because the Wings have too much class to cast off a player who has given them over a decade of good service....He provided a service of being on a top 2 line and screening the goalie to help out the much more highly skilled players on his line.....we have Bertuzzi for that now who's body isn't quite as banged up as Tomas and who has more pure talent. He showed his irrelevancy during the playoffs last year. I agree, with the poster above, i think Z and Dats need to be together and Flipper should be on the 2nd line.

EXACTLY. Why won't the Holmstrom Hard-On fans just GO AWAY already. How much does this guy have to deteriorate before they finally get it? He's not exactly aging like Gordie Howe or Chelios. The guy had limited skills to begin with, and now he's just a WASTE. Ken Holland is too much of a ***** to let guys go or trade players that are hurting the team. Draper, Maltby, and Holmstrom should play all out this year, because it is their LAST. I will miss Drapes a little bit, but Maltby and Holmstrom have definitely worn out their welcome.

EXACTLY. Why won't the Holmstrom Hard-On fans just GO AWAY already. How much does this guy have to deteriorate before they finally get it? He's not exactly aging like Gordie Howe or Chelios. The guy had limited skills to begin with, and now he's just a WASTE. Ken Holland is too much of a ***** to let guys go or trade players that are hurting the team. Draper, Maltby, and Holmstrom should play all out this year, because it is their LAST. I will miss Drapes a little bit, but Maltby and Holmstrom have definitely worn out their welcome.

Oh look it's Wakey Jackey. Who let you out of your hole.

Alphabetically is always best

Forward:

Bertuzzi-Cleary-Datsyuk

Draper-Eaves-Ericsson

Filppula-Franzen-Helm

Holmstrom-Howard-Kronwall

Lebda

Defense:

Leino-Lidstrom

Maltby-Meech

Osgood-Rafalski

Stuart

Goalie:

Williams

Zetterberg

Here is mine:

Franzen - Zetterberg - Cleary

Holmstrom - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Leino - Filppula - Williams

Draper - Helm - Maltby

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart

Ericsson - Lebda

Osgood

Howard/(Cloutier - if he makes it in the training camp)

Something like this. Probably change Maltby for Eaves.

The best lines IMO are with Zetterberg and Datsyuk together and Filppula on the second line, but I don't think babs thinks the same way. He needs to hire me as the line coach

I want to see Datsyuk and Zetterberg together too, but splitting them up gives us better depth and this way we have 3 lines that are very comparable to what we had last year. But I'm sure Babs will switch up the lines every two games like he usually does, so we'll probably see all kinds of different combinations.

Normally I really like to see Datsyuk and Zetterberg playing together but I really think to start the season they should play apart. I think it adds so much more depth to our team and it would give Filppula and Leino a chance to mesh well. It would take some pressure off of Filppula and give him a chance to just play his game and see where it takes him. Persaonlly, if it were me the lines would be:

Cleary - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Franzen - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Leino - Filppula - Williams

Eaves - Draper - Helm

Maltby

and with Helm's injury I think I'd choose either Abdelkader or Jeremy Williams to get a bit of time on the fourth line.