• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:22 PM

Alright post what you got. Here is my first, currently playing the first game against the blues, winning 5-1 at the start of the third.

Zetterberg Marleau Alfredsson
S. Sullivan Prospal Sykora
Vermette Brind'Amour Selanne
Arnason Fisher Kovalev

Rafalski Kaberle
Salo Visnovsky
Methot Gill

Khabibulin
Glass

Playing the team I like it so far. I'll probably change up the lines more once I get a feel for them, these are just the "best lines" thing.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#2 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:48 AM

Man, the fantasy draft is one of the best "upgrades" in NHL 10.

My team, after some wheeling and dealing. (name, position, player type, overall, cap hit)

Simon Gagne LW SNP 88 5.250 - Evgeni Malkin C PLY 93 8.700 - Shane Doan RW PWF 85 4.550
Chris Kunitz LW PWF 82 3.725 - David Krejci C PLY 85 4.175 - Jonathan Cheechoo RW SNP 82 3.000
Alexandre Burrows LW GRN 82 1.825 - Paul Gaustad C GRN 80 2.125 - Cal Clutterbuck RW GRN 79 0.725
Derek Boogaard LW TGH 77 1.200 - Manny Malhotra C GRN 78 1.200 - George Parros RW TGH 79 0.875

Tomas Kaberle D OFD 86 3.950 - Brent Burns D OFD 83 3.975
Alex Goligoski D OFD 79 1.825 - Nick Boynton D DFD 82 1.800
Carlo Colaiacovo D DFD 79 1.275 - Matt Walker D TGH 78 1.700

Jonas Hiller G BUT 86 1.300
Antero Niittymaki G BUT 80 0.600

The bolded players are those who I actually drafted and others I've acquired some dealing. So there's been some changes. I've got seven players who have one year left in their contract (Boogaard, Boynton, Clutterbuck, Colaiacovo, Hiller, Malhotra, Niittymaki). I think it's not much since only couple of those players will get a significant raise after this year (Clutterbuck, Hiller). I have about 3M of cap space.

I've played only about ten games so as you can see the roster has been changing alot. I set the starting date on regular season so there hasn't been any draft dealing. But I'm pretty confident that this is the team for the rest of the season.

IMO opinion that roster is built perfectly.

In offense I have four left wings, four right wings and four centers. All left wings are left-shooters and all right wings are right-shooters. The overall ratings are balanced well from top lines to the lower lines. The "worst" player on the first line is still better or equal to the second line's "best" player, meaning that if I use the "best lines" command I'll get these same lines. Top two lines are offensive lines with two PLY-centers. Both have one SNP scoring goals and one PWF making some room for the other two. Third line is line with good back-cheking and defensive players who can also chip in if needed. If the opponent has super first line I put my third line always against it. And then there's the fourth line with two TGH wingers and face off expert centering.

In defense I have three left-shooters and three right-shooters. Top pair has good offense with both D's being OFD. Second pair has OFD and DFD so it's well-balanced. Third pair is very defensive and also has TGH to bring some toughness.

In goal the situation is also pretty good. Hiller is a top NHL goalie and Niittymaki a good backup. Hiller plays about 60 and Niittymaki about 20.

Edited by Finnish Wing, 01 October 2009 - 10:56 AM.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#3 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

GM fantasy draft is so easy!! 2nd season

A.Ovechkin(94)-Stamkos(91)-Setoguchi(86)
Cammalleri(85)-Malkin(94)-Bernier(84)
E.Kane(82)-J.Tavares-(85)M.Duchene(84)
Smolenak(78)-Stempniak(81)-Kopecky(76)

R.Suter(86)-V.Hedman(87)
A.Pietrangelo(85)-C.Franson(85)
J.Kindl(81)-M.Del Zotto(82)

J.Halak(87)
M.Neuvirth(83)

Cap-55.3

You can draft all these guys like Taveres,Pietrangelo,Del Zotto, Kindl, Duchene all after at least 4-5 rounds there still around and then you can trade pretty much any of them for whoever you want you get some crazy offers for these guys and there salaries are dirt cheap.

#4 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:36 PM

from the left: position, name, player type, handedness, overall, age, potential, cap hit, years left

LW Alexander Ovechkin SNP R 94 23 C 10.275 (7) - C Mikko Koivu PLY L 26 C 86 3.250 (2) - RW Bobby Ryan PWF R 85 22 B .850 (1)
LW James van Riemsdyk PWF L 78 20 B 1.625 (3) - C Bryan Little PLY R 83 21 B .900 (1) - RW Johan Franzen SNP L 83 29 C 3.600 (7)
LW Eric Nystrom GRN L 78 26 C .700 (2) - C Maxime Talbot GRN L 79 25 B- 1.425 (2) - RW David Moss GRN R 78 27 C 1.300 (3)
LW Derek Boogaard TGH L 77 27 C .875 (1) - C Jesse Winchester GRN R 76 25 C .550 (2) - RW Andrew Boogaard TGH R 73 23 B- .950 (1)

D Jack Johnson DFD L 83 22 B 2.175 (2) - D Drew Doughty OFD R 86 19 A- .875 (2)
D Alex Goligoski OFD L 79 24 B 2.575 (3) - D Tyler Myers DFD R 81 19 B .875 (3)
D Jonathan Ericsson DFD L 79 25 B- .825 (2) - D Alex Pietrangelo OFD R 77 19 B 1.625 (3)

G Marc-Andre Fleury BUT L 87 24 B- 5.000 (6)
G Mathieu Garon BUT R 81 31 C .675 (2)

OVR: 88 (OFF: 88 DEF: 85 GOA: 88)
TOUGHNESS: A-
CAP SPACE: 15.875

#5 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

This current team rocks btw. 23-1-0 is my record at the Superstar level. Ovechkin leads the league in scoring (has also 31 goals, sick), Koivu is the second. Doughty leads the scoring among d-men. Fleury is leading all the goalie numbers.

The only player who hasn't got it going yet is Franzen who has only 0.5 ppg. EVERYONE else have done more than well.

Edited by Finnish Wing, 15 April 2010 - 03:11 PM.

#6 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:44 AM

This current team rocks btw. 23-1-0 is my record at the Superstar level. Ovechkin leads the league in scoring (has also 31 goals, sick), Koivu is the second. Doughty leads the scoring among d-men. Fleury is leading all the goalie numbers.

The only player who hasn't got it going yet is Franzen who has only 0.5 ppg. EVERYONE else have done more than well.

After one really learns how to play against the AI, the game becomes too easy.

#7 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:23 AM

After one really learns how to play against the AI, the game becomes too easy.

I agree. But it's like that in 90% of games (at least sports games). Playing against AI is always like that. Still, NHL 10 has the third best AI IMO. 03 and especially 04 were great. In 04 the AI actually shot a lot.

In this current save, I feel like that AI has been different than in my other saves. I dunno if the tuner settings affect anything, but it feels like they shoot more now and they don't pass the puck around like they did earlier. PLUS. There are much much less "goal tricks" in this NHL 10. If you score a goal, you can't usually do it the same way in that game anymore, because the AI learns. In 09 I could do the same thing like three times in a row (going through middle right after faceoff and just shooting to the top corner) and it always worked. I think that's a huge improvement.

#8 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

I agree. But it's like that in 90% of games (at least sports games). Playing against AI is always like that. Still, NHL 10 has the third best AI IMO. 03 and especially 04 were great. In 04 the AI actually shot a lot.

In this current save, I feel like that AI has been different than in my other saves. I dunno if the tuner settings affect anything, but it feels like they shoot more now and they don't pass the puck around like they did earlier. PLUS. There are much much less "goal tricks" in this NHL 10. If you score a goal, you can't usually do it the same way in that game anymore, because the AI learns. In 09 I could do the same thing like three times in a row (going through middle right after faceoff and just shooting to the top corner) and it always worked. I think that's a huge improvement.

I go in and take shots. I score. It's very, very easy, and my goalie makes all manner of ludicrous saves. And I can't understand why people would want to utterly stack their teams in such a way that it's even easier.

Edit: I just played through a Be a GM game with the Wings on Superstar difficulty and with the AI difficulty slider maxed out and goalie reaction time maxed out. I won 5-0. They got one good scoring chance.

Edited by Crymson, 19 April 2010 - 05:24 PM.

#9 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:24 PM

I go in and take shots. I score. It's very, very easy, and my goalie makes all manner of ludicrous saves. And I can't understand why people would want to utterly stack their teams in such a way that it's even easier.

Edit: I just played through a Be a GM game with the Wings on Superstar difficulty and with the AI difficulty slider maxed out and goalie reaction time maxed out. I won 5-0. They got one good scoring chance.

Name a game that when playing against AI

a) isn't too easy, when played for enough time to know how to beat the AI
b) isn't unrealistically hard as the AI has "superhuman" reactions

You can beat every game when you play enough. NHL 10 has taken huge steps forward from 09. It never will be a "complete" game as the time goes on and people will also demand more.

Maybe only games that have challenge against AI - no matter how long you play them - are management games like Football Manager for example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users