49 replies to this topic

#21 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Four @ October 7, 2009 - 08:47PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Raffi retired for me after the first year and lidstrom didn't but he doesn't want to join my team because he thinks we wont connect with my young team >.> I offered him 1m more than he wanted too

Ouch, Lidstrom is a big hole to fill.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#22 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:20 PM

Yah compared to 09 trading is way harder.. deal that they would of done in 09 the comp laughs at in this year's game.. I was trying to trade for AO and I would only get to "this deal looks like it can do with a little fine tuning" or something like that. And then when trying to make that trade and other trades I get alot of they do not want to absorb more
1 way contracts considering who I am offering.. I mean my wings team has always been fine (in 3rd season right now) so I just wait tell someone offers me a trade. Usually at trade deadline or draft some of the trades they offer me are pretty good ones.

Edited by Duck Guy, 04 November 2009 - 06:21 PM.

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#23 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Duck Guy @ November 4, 2009 - 06:20PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yah compared to 09 trading is way harder.. deal that they would of done in 09 the comp laughs at in this year's game.. I was trying to trade for AO and I would only get to "this deal looks like it can do with a little fine tuning" or something like that. And then when trying to make that trade and other trades I get alot of they do not want to absorb more
1 way contracts considering who I am offering.. I mean my wings team has always been fine (in 3rd season right now) so I just wait tell someone offers me a trade. Usually at trade deadline or draft some of the trades they offer me are pretty good ones.

THe only trades I've been offered so far were laughable. I can't think of a specific example off hand, but it's usually some expensive washed up players for some of my cheap, effective veterans.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#24 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:35 AM

I like countering teams that offer me trades with completely different but still reasonable trades (for their picks or a better player etc) and it works out well, I like to think better than if I had initiated the trade myself

#25 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:56 AM

I find that it's real hard to get draft picks in the game even for some pretty good players. I've attempted Pavel Brendl for Chicago's 5 round pick and I get the Blackhawks are not interested in trading away draft picks at this time so I've tried a few other players with some other teams and nothing seems to work very well to even get 5th round draft picks. I hate that the EA Sports NHL Games don't do all 7 rounds of the draft instead of only 5.

#26 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (VM1138 @ November 3, 2009 - 12:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ouch, Lidstrom is a big hole to fill.

just as a side note, i have a goalie BAP career going just to unlock all the goalie gear and boosts for when i play online. anyways, i am in my 2nd year with columbus... and i played the bruins a few weeks ago. they managed to get lidstrom and scott neidermeyer! so along with chara, their defense was pretty amazing. they must have picked them up as free agents as they still had all their good players on the roster. anywho, thought that was pretty amazing when it happened.

for something a little more on topic, i was able to pull off a nice trade recently. i traded evan mcgrath for evander kane. it was a 4 point upgrade from 73 to 77. also kane has slightly better potential. he was actually on atlanta's trade block which is why i went for him. i was surprised he was not rated a bit better considering he was the 4th pick and all.

anywho, it was a pretty decent trade i thought, so maybe someone else can benefit from it. also kane has better trade value for future deals.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#27 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

On a side note with Evander Kane, I dislike it how him, Tavares, Hedman etc are all signed to ONE YEAR deals. What is that??

And with the draft picks, I'm pretty sure I traded Jimmy Howard to Chicago of all places for a 2nd round pick and got a reply from the Chi GM along the lines of "I'd be run out of town if I didnt take this trade are you sure you know what you are doing?

I traded Clearly and Filpula for Shane Doan and a 3rd round pick I believe as well. I was pretty happy with that trade.
thanks offsides!

#28 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:46 PM

I got an updated roster for PS3 from this site and it has all the players you can think of pretty much, even ones that aren't in the NHL are on the AHL rosters. e.g. Kadri, Ferraro, Tatar, B Schenn, J Cowan, etc... Even the first round of the draft has the top 30 prospects for 2010 like Taylor Hall, Krill Kabanov, Cam Fowler, Tayler Seguin etc... The contracts are all properly done as well.

It's made for a much more complete BAGM/BAP experience... I'm on the Kings now in BAGM and Brayden Schenn has really developed into a superstar, his trade value is maxed.

Edited by T-Ruff, 05 November 2009 - 01:47 PM.

#29 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:37 PM

I want to get Tom Sessito on my Hounds Roster but I'm not sure if he's worth what Columbus wants. They want Franson or Hudler as well as my 1st and 5th Round Draft pics. I want him becasue he's young and looks to be a good fit for my team but I'm not sure if he's really worth all that. Any advice?

#30 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:15 PM

just wanted to pass on another decent trade i got.

i was able to get hedman for dan spang, a 2nd, and a 3rd. spang is a free agent journeyman ahl dman that i pick up because he played in qc last year for the flames. but he has a pretty high trade value, so i went ahead and shipped him for hedman. while he is only like a 75, he has a great potential. assuming i make it a few years into this Gm mode, i think he an kindl could really anchor my blueline for years to come.

Edited by dobbles, 09 November 2009 - 06:16 PM.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#31 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:53 AM

Does anyone else NEVER get trade offers from other teams?
Word,
LDi03
A complex man drawn off of simplicity.

#32 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:05 AM

i just passed christmas of my first season (playing all games for both teams) and i have yet to have any trade offers. i have been somewhat active, though its been almost entirely grand rapids people i have traded so far. i remember hearing early on that people were super frustrated with the CPU always trying awful trades, so not sure. maybe if i was simming and farther along i would have had some.

but you are definitely not alone.

sidenote: finally had to trade bertuzzi last night... i can't stand the guy, but i had kept him this far. he was playing well on the 3rd line for me and i try to keep the team authentic when i play. but i was able to trade him straight up for svatos on the avalanche. svatos is 1 better overall and 7 years younger. they both have 1 year contracts but svatos makes 700k more.

#33 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Legendary D In 03 @ November 23, 2009 - 01:53AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone else NEVER get trade offers from other teams?
Word,
LDi03

The only trade offers I get from the CPU are basically on draft day or right before the trade deadline. Haven't noticed the trading block as being very effective either.

But, I've gotten a handful of trade offers that I initiated (ex: I offer up Bertuzzi and Williams for whoever and Team B says "no to this trade, but you've got me thinking) and a few days later they will have a trade involving, say Bertuzzi for a different player.
thanks offsides!

#34 Eagle1Fox2

Eagle1Fox2

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:22 PM

Dont get me wrong I love NHL10...But Be a GM is definatly not what EA made it sound like it was going to be....I hate how basically not making trades or signing players hurts your status...Im the Red Wings...with a good enough team with zero cap space and no real way to improve the team...I signed Biron to backup Osgood and thats about it...

I miss having Chelios on the roster lol...He was good trade bait seeing as how since like NHL 2003 he would retire every time the season ends...In 09 I traded Chelios, Conklin and Samuelsson for Gaborik lol...then the stupid CPU put Conklin on waivers and I claimed him right back LOL...so at the end of the year Chelios retires...so in reality I traded Samuelsson for GABORIK....TOTAL steal.

#35 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:12 PM

I'm on my 4th season at the trade deadline right now with these rosters:

Zetterberg (92) Datsyuk (96) Franzen (87)
Voracek (87) Staal (91) Ryan (90)
Lucic (86) Shepherd (86) Skille (85)
Abdelkader (85) Helm (85) draftee (82)

Lidstrom (88) Doughty (90)
Schenn (88) Kindl (89)
Parent (86) Franson (88)

Rask (89)
Pavelec (87)

...I've got $75,000 in cap space, and at the beginning of the season, I forget the trade, but I somehow acquired Minnesota's 1st pick...which coincidentally is definitely going to be in the top 5 this year.

Word,
LDi03

#36 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (Legendary D In 03 @ November 23, 2009 - 02:12PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm on my 4th season at the trade deadline right now with these rosters:

Zetterberg (92) Datsyuk (96) Franzen (87)
Voracek (87) Staal (91) Ryan (90)
Lucic (86) Shepherd (86) Skille (85)
Abdelkader (85) Helm (85) draftee (82)

Lidstrom (88) Doughty (90)
Schenn (88) Kindl (89)
Parent (86) Franson (88)

Solid roster. Interesting to see Abdelkader and Helm's ratings progress and that Lidstrom still hasn't retired in your game, he did in mine after the first season!

thanks offsides!

#37 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (Wings_Fan_In_Exile @ November 23, 2009 - 04:19PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Solid roster. Interesting to see Abdelkader and Helm's ratings progress and that Lidstrom still hasn't retired in your game, he did in mine after the first season!

I totally cheated on the Lidstrom thing....I just keep simulating the "retirement day" until I get one where he doesn't retire. Whoops!
LDi03

#38 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:47 PM

just out of curiousity, what are his salary demands after each season? does he demand the 7 mil indefinitely?

#39 Kwame_Kilpatrick

Kwame_Kilpatrick

Dr. Rahmani

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:50 PM

no, once i had lidstrom not retire naturally (no simming retirement day) and he only wanted 5 mil, and that was when he was still 91 overall
usa olympics <3

#40 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:56 PM

Current rosters:

Pacioretty (91) - Datsyuk (96) - Franzen (88)
Zetterberg (92) - Anisimov (90) - Ryan (91)
Abdelkader (86) - Helm (86) - Lucic (88)
some other line, I forget the other three

Doughty (92) - Hedman (88)
Kindl (90) - Schenn (90)
two other guys, I forgot them, too

two goalies that I have signed for 4 years each at less than 2m each, both 87 rating with B/B- potential.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users