• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:40 AM

I trade away picks like they are going out of style. I hate that NHL does not have a name bank. Tim Lidstrom, Paul Luongo and Peter Datsyuk are terrible names and I wouldn`t want them on my team. It`s so unrealistic. Madden I always keep my picks because they have thousands of names on there.

If you don't care for the young prospects trading away picks is a little bonus to sweeten any deal.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#42 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:14 PM

I traded Jason Williams and Evan McGrath for Alex Frolov. Steal in my book. Then Claimed Prospal and Christiansen off waivers all on deadline day. My lines look like this during the 1st season:

Frolov (85) - Datsyuk (92) - Prospal (82)
Holmstrom (83) - Zetterberg (90) - Franzen (83)
Bertuzzi (81) - Filpulla (80) - Cleary (79)
Eaves (77) - Draper (77) - Helm (77)
Miller (76) Maltby (76)

Rafalski (84) - Lidstrom (91)
Kronwall (83) - Stuart (82)
Delmore (80) - Ericcson (80)
Lebda (75)

Osgood (85)
Howard(74)

Larsson is actually backing up Howard right now in the playoffs, Ozzie sprained his MCL the week before the playoffs. May, Leino, Meech are all in the minors.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#43 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (wingsdiehard13 @ January 16, 2010 - 03:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I traded Jason Williams and Evan McGrath for Alex Frolov. Steal in my book. Then Claimed Prospal and Christiansen off waivers all on deadline day. My lines look like this during the 1st season:

Frolov (85) - Datsyuk (92) - Prospal (82)
Holmstrom (83) - Zetterberg (90) - Franzen (83)
Bertuzzi (81) - Filpulla (80) - Cleary (79)
Eaves (77) - Draper (77) - Helm (77)
Miller (76) Maltby (76)

Rafalski (84) - Lidstrom (91)
Kronwall (83) - Stuart (82)
Delmore (80) - Ericcson (80)
Lebda (75)

Osgood (85)
Howard(74)

Larsson is actually backing up Howard right now in the playoffs, Ozzie sprained his MCL the week before the playoffs. May, Leino, Meech are all in the minors.

Do goalies actually get hurt when you play or is that from simming? I have never seen a goalie get hurt or even fatigued without simming.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#44 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (zettie85 @ January 18, 2010 - 01:28AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do goalies actually get hurt when you play or is that from simming? I have never seen a goalie get hurt or even fatigued without simming.

It was during a sim. I also have never had a goalie hurt during game play. I turned up the injury settings to make it more realistic, because I never had any injuries otherwise.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#45 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

It's extremely easy to con the AI. I only make trades that seem fair and realistic, and I'll only make them at the the deadline and then only with teams that are out of the playoff hunt.

#46 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:14 PM

In my 2nd season with the Wings. Rafalski retired after beating the Penguins in 5. Signed Paul Kayria (85 overall), and he is putting up horrid numbers playing on any line. I've tried to trade him but I can't get squat in return, any trade suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind, dealt him and Ritola to Chicago for Byfuglien dntknw.gif

Edited by wingsdiehard13, 19 January 2010 - 10:41 PM.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#47 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

Just started playing a GM mode with Toronto, and Boston offered me thier 1st and 2nd round picks for Keith Aulie.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#48 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:26 PM

The Bruins offered me
Zdeno Chara and Drew Fata for Rafalski and Kindl

I know i traded away Kindl and it hurts a little but its CHARA, so I'm alright with it.

I also traded Ozzie for Hiller.. and the Ducks came to me with that one too.. I did put Oz on the trading block tho.

Edited by stevieisthebest, 08 March 2010 - 12:28 PM.

"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#49 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

Im on season 2021 - 2022. Some crazy trades get thrown around out there. Some are very good for you, some aren't even worth considering. Also, am I the only one that thinks drafting players on that game is completely useless?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

I trade away picks like they are going out of style. I hate that NHL does not have a name bank. Tim Lidstrom, Paul Luongo and Peter Datsyuk are terrible names and I wouldn`t want them on my team. It`s so unrealistic. Madden I always keep my picks because they have thousands of names on there.

If you don't care for the young prospects trading away picks is a little bonus to sweeten any deal.

Every here and there a new player will be granted with the same first and last name of a current player. On my minor league team my goalie is Brendan Shanahan. Pretty strange....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users