• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hossa8181

Laperriere

Rate this topic

I don't know if how many of you guys got to see the fight between Laperriere and Tardif but please comment on your thoughts. As they were squaring up to fight and the refs backed off Laperriere threw off his right elbow pad for his arm to be free. Does anyone thing else think this is an ******* move especially against a young kid coming up and trying to prove himself?

I was there and saw it. I thought it was a fair move, Tardif should've followed suit and got his off too, as there was time once he saw what was going on. Nonetheless, kudos to Tardif for going up against a proven toughguy like Lappy, and it was a nice takedown too, even though Tardif didn't get many shots (if any) in.

I miss Downey. What i'd give to see him in a winged wheel whaling on a retreating Laperriere.

I was there and saw it. I thought it was a fair move, Tardif should've followed suit and got his off too, as there was time once he saw what was going on. Nonetheless, kudos to Tardif for going up against a proven toughguy like Lappy, and it was a nice takedown too, even though Tardif didn't get many shots (if any) in.

Agreed. Tardiff handled himself well, and he did have a chance to remove his elbow pads too. And though he didn't get any shots in, he did taken Lappy down, and the crowd loved every second of it. Besides, Tardiff got the last laugh by scoring the game winning goal.

I miss Downey. What i'd give to see him in a winged wheel whaling on a retreating Laperriere.

He only went after Laperriere because he injured Lidstrom, I hope any guy who claims to be an enforcer would do the same.

Edited by jollymania

I don't know if how many of you guys got to see the fight between Laperriere and Tardif but please comment on your thoughts. As they were squaring up to fight and the refs backed off Laperriere threw off his right elbow pad for his arm to be free. Does anyone thing else think this is an ******* move especially against a young kid coming up and trying to prove himself?

No. Not at all.

Not really a big deal IMO.

Probably just giving him a warm welcome to the NHL atmosphere, granted it's only camp, but Tardif has put in some work since his junior days trying to get into the bigs, things like this are just another step....

If I had to guess (I couldn't find a good feed to see the game, nor did I read anything in detail about the fight... so this is mere speculation) I would guess Lappy was talking crap to the greenhorn and heard something back he didn't like. Either way, the elbow pad isn't that big of a deal to me... It's alot more irritating to see guys like Perry start something and leave their visored-up helmet on than seeing a guy ditch an elbow pad.

Not really a big deal IMO.

Probably just giving him a warm welcome to the NHL atmosphere, granted it's only camp, but Tardif has put in some work since his junior days trying to get into the bigs, things like this are just another step....

If I had to guess (I couldn't find a good feed to see the game, nor did I read anything in detail about the fight... so this is mere speculation) I would guess Lappy was talking crap to the greenhorn and heard something back he didn't like. Either way, the elbow pad isn't that big of a deal to me... It's alot more irritating to see guys like Perry start something and leave their visored-up helmet on than seeing a guy ditch an elbow pad.

I agree with you and the visor issue. I guess everyone here needed to see the fight to make the judgement call. He threw it off right before they went in to tie up. Anyone who has been in a fight knows its a lot easier to keep a loose hand/arm without an elbow pad. Typically guy's don't have a yard sale before they're about to fight.

Edited by hossa8181

Guest micah

Bob Probert was a huge ***** - not tieing down his sweater (until rules forced him to, and even then only when he felt like it) so it would come off easily, often shaking off his elbow pads mid-fight.

Lappy is far from a toughguy, but he is game and he backs up his mouth, so he is A-OK in my book.

Guest E_S_A_D
Does anyone thing else think this is an ******* move especially against a young kid coming up and trying to prove himself?

This totally contradicts your sentiment. Lapperriere is a veteran fighter, he has nothing left to prove- he gave the kid a shot to, as you say, prove himself. Nothing wrong with that.

My only issue is now that Ken Holland was disturbed by a violent protest, aka a fight, then we all know officially Tardiff will land in Grand Rapids.

My only issue is now that Ken Holland was disturbed by a violent protest, aka a fight, then we all know officially Tardiff will land in Grand Rapids.

Do you enjoy constantly making things up?

OP: There is nothing wrong with what he did. If Tardif wanted to he could have done the same thing.

Edited by Doc Holiday

Guest CaliWingsNut

It's the exact opposite to me. From the perspective of lappy this is just some prick newcomer to the NHL who is trying to prove himself. I'm going to do whatever I can to protect my already-playing-in-the-NHL-ass.

That said, I hate lappy.

This totally contradicts your sentiment. Lapperriere is a veteran fighter, he has nothing left to prove- he gave the kid a shot to, as you say, prove himself. Nothing wrong with that.

Come on, that is a complete exaggeration.

Tardif was never going to make the Red Wings regardless. Your fabrications are laughable.

So if Probert was going to fight a rookie, he would shed gear to win the fight. Nope. If you say yes, you are lying to yourself.

Guest E_S_A_D
So if Probert was going to fight a rookie, he would shed gear to win the fight. Nope. If you say yes, you are lying to yourself.

Horrible example, everyone shed their gear then. Sometimes even the underwear t-shirt.

Remember one thing, and it'll help you understand fights. There's no such thing as a fair fight. That being said, removing an elbow pad has never been considered against 'the code'.

Guest micah

LOL. Yeah, Lappy "shed gear to win the fight".