• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

I am loving the thought of finally being divorced and officially single once again. I am curious who is single here at LGW, and who has significant others.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:46 PM

Congratulations/condolences on the divorce.

I'm single, never married. I haven't had a bf for 8 years until last month when the guy at work who had been asking me over and over again finally broke through my wall of indifference.

Usually when people (gossipy old biddies or drunks looking to get laid- not people I care about offending) ask if I'm married, I say "no, I have a hamster. They're cheaper." Now that the hamster is running in the big wheel in the sky, I guess I have to say I have a bf.

#3 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:03 AM

Single. Been that way for too long too.

Congrats to those out there who are happy being single.

Condolences to thos out there who are single and not happy about it.

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#4 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Jedi @ September 17, 2009 - 12:03AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Single. Been that way for too long too.

Congrats to those out there who are happy being single.

Condolences to thos out there who are single and not happy about it.

And congrats to those who are married and making it work. It's got to be tough. I've never made it past 8 months dating.

#5 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:56 AM

Single. Just reconnected with an ex who I thought would never speak to me again, though. So far, so good.
Word,
Ldi03
A complex man drawn off of simplicity.

#6 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:08 AM

Been in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend for the past 3 years. Not always happy about the distance thing, but hey you can't help who you fall in love with.

#7 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:14 AM

Yep, and plenty of people I know have, indirectly, done a good job of encouraging me to stay single. tongue.gif

In my experiences down here a lot of women want troublemakers or bad boys who in the end will wind up treating them bad. While I don't like living under a rock and like being active, I am none of the above there, so my odds are not good to start.

If a relationship happens, it'll happen. If it doesn't, there are worse tragedies in life. Without question being solo gets lonely sometimes, but it's not sad or anyting like that, and I rarely ever get bored and am great at keeping myself active.

The one thing I hate is if I go to a restaurant or bar or a place to hang out for a while if I go by myself and somebody asks me, "Why are you single?" or "Why are you here by yourself?" like there is something wrong with me. I'm here for the same reason you are. I want to hang out and have some fun, have a few drinks, watch the game, whatever. What does it matter who I'm with or not?

I already know I'm a great person and a great catch who will treat somebody well. If others don't recognize that, that's their loss.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 17 September 2009 - 05:22 AM.

#8 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:19 PM

Boy, I must be a dinosaur or something. Married for almost 32 years.

Is there something wrong with me????
Posted Image

#9 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,498 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:05 PM

Except for the fact that it's almost impossible to live anymore on just one salary, I don't mind being single. I have never married, although I considered it. I chose to stay with my dying parents instead, and take care of them, rather than move on with my own life...

I don't really regret it. At the time, there was no real option -- and I had no way of knowing my "window" for meeting and marrying would disappear. I missed the boat on that adventure it seems.

Now i am too old for marrying. I don't look my age, in fact most people guess me to be 10-20 years younger than I am actually. I suspect that is because I never married. tongue.gif When you are my age, the men my age either want a 25 year old filly, or they want to live off of me and have me pay for stuff and take care of them while they take it easy and retire. Why would I want to do that?

It's lonely, and tough when every single decision, every burden, every outrageous bill, and well... every decision, falls on your shoulders and yours alone. It's not easy. But on the other hand, I know married people who are more miserable, because they are hooked up with someone who is horrible. On the other, other hand (I seem to have three), any decision I make alone will only affect me. If I screw up, no one else is harmed.

As Ann Landers used to say: "You have to decide if you are better off with him/her, or without." I guess I am better off alone.

I am dating myself with that reference. Might as well -- I have no other offers where dating is concerned. biggrin.gif

Edited by puckloo39, 18 September 2009 - 03:09 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#10 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (miller76 @ September 17, 2009 - 12:20AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am loving the thought of finally being divorced and officially single once again. I am curious who is single here at LGW, and who has significant others.

lol divorced huzzah!

I have the most wonderful girlfriend... all is well on my front!

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#11 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (SouthernWingsFan @ September 17, 2009 - 06:14AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, and plenty of people I know have, indirectly, done a good job of encouraging me to stay single. tongue.gif

I have a feeling I'm one of those people. ph34r.gif

Pat good for you being married 32 years, it takes a lot of work to keep a marriage together and if you're happy in love after all this time you did a great job. I admire those that are in such a good relationship because poor decisions have an effect on the couple eventually.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#12 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

Married four and a half years as of today. We both agree that we're the perfet match for each other and would drive any other spouse nuts with our brand of humor and sarcasm. A four year old and a two year old. Wonderful and incredibly smart children; for example, the four year old probably knows more about the galaxy than you do. What's an accretion disc, do you know? He does. How about tidal forces? He'd be glad to explain them to you. He can read better than most fifth graders. The two year old reads well also.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#13 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

I've been dating my girl for just under five years and we're still happy.

#14 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (eva unit zero @ September 18, 2009 - 09:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Married four and a half years as of today. We both agree that we're the perfet match for each other and would drive any other spouse nuts with our brand of humor and sarcasm. A four year old and a two year old. Wonderful and incredibly smart children; for example, the four year old probably knows more about the galaxy than you do. What's an accretion disc, do you know? He does. How about tidal forces? He'd be glad to explain them to you. He can read better than most fifth graders. The two year old reads well also.

Happy Anniversary! smile.gif

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#15 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:28 PM

Still single and looking for girl who doesn't care about money, looks or personality. biggrin.gif Any takers?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#16 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (eva unit zero @ September 18, 2009 - 06:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tiger Woods was swinging clubs on TV @ 2... you got some work to do!

Edit: ohh and single too... but I think we can all guess why that is.

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 18 September 2009 - 11:31 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#17 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:46 AM

Currently single and loving it. I've been in relationships in the past and I don't know if it's me or the men I kept dating, but I got bored of them. On my own, I can do what I want when I want and being independent is a great thing for me. I'd like to get married sometime before I die, but I'm only 27.....far too young for that right now.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#18 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Kira @ September 18, 2009 - 03:19PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boy, I must be a dinosaur or something. Married for almost 32 years.

Is there something wrong with me????

No. There's a lot of stuff right with you. Don't let this thread filled with fear of commitment or fear of taking a chance make you think less of yourself.

#19 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:33 AM

As you'd expect, a catch like me didn't last long on the open market. I was drafted early and am a franchise player, I'm not going anywhere, completely happy where I'm at.

Advice that I would give to anybody comtemplating marriage or who wants to know why I'm so happy with mine: Avoid jealous people like the plague. Avoid emotionally needy people like the plague. Find someone hot who intends to live their life and let you live yours. My wife is the greatest because she lets me be me. I am free to up and disappear on a whim for a few weeks here and there to fulfill my wanderlust - it's part of who I am. She is free to do the same. Granted, that's easier said than done because most people are weak, jealous and emotionally needy, but still. If you know what you're looking for you're ahead of the game and you'll spend less time spinning your wheels with losers.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#20 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE (micah @ September 19, 2009 - 07:33AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am free to up and disappear on a whim for a few weeks here and there to fulfill my wanderlust - it's part of who I am. She is free to do the same.

You guys are allowed to f*** other people every now and again? If so then yeah that's gotta be real healthy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users