• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Peleshob

Datsyuk & Zetterberg To Be Split

Rate this topic

The article is here.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090918/SPOR...0395/1053/rss17

Ultimately, it's probably a good idea. It's a great insurance policy to be able to throw D & Z together if needed. With the Leino-Flip-Williams line playing well, and Homer, Franzen, Cleary & Bert not being natural centres... Mule has some experience playing at C, but he's not big on puck distribution.

Also, I posted this because of the funny undertones...

"The Red Wings have one of the best emergency responses in the NHL in being able to throw superstars Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg together when needed. But given that both are natural centers, it makes sense, for now, to use each at that position, which in Zetterberg's case means he gets to play between two thick-bodied wingers with great shots.

Zetterberg, who was dealing with a tender groin during training camp, will make his exhibition debut tonight against the Rangers at Joe Louis Arena centering newcomer Todd Bertuzzi (6-3, 240) and Dan Cleary (6-0, 210)."

That's some quality journalism, Helene.

Meh, nothing unusual. Lines will always be changing, and they've also had success at times being split up here and there. They'll be put back together again at some point, then split up again, and so on and so forth.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

As someone already stated in one of the previous 1000+ line discussions, there will probably be a lot of line juggling this season as many guys are interchangeable. I hope Leino gets an opportunity on the PP, Filppula too but I think Leino is more scoring-oriented.

Really though, the two lines makes perfect sense in terms of skill, at the moment. As far as the wingers go, Homer is probably "the worst" and is paired with Franzen, with Cleary and Bert in the middle. If Bertuzzi catches fire, though, Z's line could quickly become the better line.

For some reason, I just don't see Bertuzzi, Z and Cleary meshing as a line.

Bert and Cleary get along pretty well. Z and Cleary get along well. If Bert can be like the 1B playmaker on that line so that Zetterberg is happy to get his goals then that line could very well supercede the Datsyuk line. Then again, that is a big IF in regards to Bert.