• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

11iscoming

Mitchell Callahan

Rate this topic

it really seems that he has pretty soft hands for a tough guy. in the first game of the season he had a goal, 2 helpers and was +3. i know it is only juniors, but not to bad for a guy who is supposed to be the designated enforcer for the wings in the near future.

ps: sorry for all enforcer fans, but no fight this time, not even a single PM, but i´m pretty sure it will come

I doubt he'll become and enforcer to be honest. I expect him to be Brendan Shanahan part 2. He'll do his fair share of fights but I think his frame wont allow him to be big enough to be a deterant and still be agile.

13 points in 16 games to go along with 5 fights. I really really am starting to like this prospect, he could end up being a late round steal. Anyone else see a Darcy Tucker in the making with this kid?

He's slowed down a bit, but certainly looks like he will top his totals of the year before (he had 14 goals last year, this year he already has 7). Most of his fights can be found on YouTube too!

He's slowed down a bit, but certainly looks like he will top his totals of the year before (he had 14 goals last year, this year he already has 7). Most of his fights can be found on YouTube too!

All of them from this season can on both hockeyfights and dropyourgloves ;)

I had also noted his scoring slump recently, but so far tonight in 22minutes of the game gone, he has 2 goals and 2 assists.

What scoring slump :D

One of his many fights this season. He is undefeated thus far with 8 wins and 3 draws, and also has 10 goals and 19 assists in 37 games. Not bad considering hes spent 98 minutes of the season in the penalty box!

One of his many fights this season. He is undefeated thus far with 8 wins and 3 draws, and also has 10 goals and 19 assists in 37 games. Not bad considering hes spent 98 minutes of the season in the penalty box!

Yeah I'm really liking this draft pick. This kid is such a gamer, he's under 6 feet but will fight anyone. He doesn't pick spots and fight just people his size. I'm sure you like this pick to eh uk you seem to be one of the few that get it around here.

The goal scoring improvement could be an indication that his skating has improved but thats just a guess.

Really excited to see what this kid can do in the future. If he can find any kind of a consistent scoring touch, and play with a little discipline, he could be a huge asset to this team for years to come. Excited to see how he fares as he bulks up, too. Reminds me of a Rick Rypien type of guy.

Edited by The Mule

Really excited to see what this kid can do in the future. If he can find any kind of a consistent scoring touch, and play with a little discipline, he could be a huge asset to this team for years to come. Excited to see how he fares as he bulks up, too. Reminds me of a Rick Rypien type of guy.

Rick Rypien is a great comparison I tihk the way that Callahan takes on anyone of all sizes is alot like Rick. If Callahan is close to being the fighter Rypien(Mitch is having loads of practice) then I will be ecstatic.

Callahan lost his first fight of the season last night (he was bossing the fight until his jersey came over his head as well). First loss in 15 fights! Not bad. He also had another mulit point night in the game before.

Callahan lost his first fight of the season last night (he was bossing the fight until his jersey came over his head as well). First loss in 15 fights! Not bad. He also had another mulit point night in the game before.

Yeah that fight was pretty close to a draw. Callahan was all over him until the jersey came up.

He's been made an assistant captain too? Thats a good showing for a guy who is only second year in the league.

Yeh he must be showing some good leadership qualities. I love his fighting style as well...very similar to our own Brad May. He starts throwing toe to toe from the start. Most of his fights have been pretty entertaining in that aspect.

For anyone who wants to see the progress from his first WHL year last season:

08-09: 70 Games, 14 Goals, 13 Assists, +11, 188PIM

09-10: 43 Games, 12 Goals, 21 Assists, + 5, 100PIM (Game 43 is still currently being played)

He had a fairly unsuccesful playoffs last year, so still waiting to see how much hes able to up his game when it matters. Overall though, its looking up. Definately see him becoming a McCarty type player...or if his offense continues to grow maybe the next Shanahan. I just pray he does ok in the AHL...playing the way he does in that league wont go too well for him if he doesnt get bigger. Hes around 180 pounds at the moment and at 5'11 he needs to get that to 200 at least.

Edited by uk_redwing

Yeh he must be showing some good leadership qualities. I love his fighting style as well...very similar to our own Brad May. He starts throwing toe to toe from the start. Most of his fights have been pretty entertaining in that aspect.

For anyone who wants to see the progress from his first WHL year last season:

08-09: 70 Games, 14 Goals, 13 Assists, +11, 188PIM

09-10: 43 Games, 12 Goals, 21 Assists, + 5, 100PIM (Game 43 is still currently being played)

He had a fairly unsuccesful playoffs last year, so still waiting to see how much hes able to up his game when it matters. Overall though, its looking up. Definately see him becoming a McCarty type player...or if his offense continues to grow maybe the next Shanahan. I just pray he does ok in the AHL...playing the way he does in that league wont go too well for him if he doesnt get bigger. Hes around 180 pounds at the moment and at 5'11 he needs to get that to 200 at least.

I think that comparing him to Shanahan is a bit much, I doubt that if he makes it to the NHL that he will ever be more than an energy player, who can perhaps chip in with a few goals. Hasn't he said that he bases his style of play on Darcy Tucker (probably more to do with Darcy's tendencies towards agitating, as Callahan doesn't appear to have the goal-scoring ability)?

Nonetheless, he's still a very exciting prospect.