• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

11iscoming

Mitchell Callahan

Rate this topic

Callahan fights far more than Tucker though. Including preseason hes had 18 fights so far this season. Kelowna have been struggling as of late, so Im predicting he'll get maybe a 25 goal season, which is pretty good for a guy who spends most of the time in the penalty box.

Callahan fights far more than Tucker though. Including preseason hes had 18 fights so far this season. Kelowna have been struggling as of late, so Im predicting he'll get maybe a 25 goal season, which is pretty good for a guy who spends most of the time in the penalty box.

Yeah a player like Callahan doesn't really have to score goals anyways. If he can get decent footspeed to help on the occasional pk and make a breakout pass then with is fighting ability he has a great shot at making it.

I remember reading that some people had him ranked as going in the 4th round so he does have some talent. After Ferraro this guy is my favourite prospect for sure.

Speaking of Ferraro he had a fight last night too. His second of the season, this guy is pretty gritty and wills tick up for himself to just he has blazing speed and a goal scoring touch.

Edited by newfy

His size is probably the only issue that may hold Callahan back from making it to Detroit. Josh Caron is about the size of the average fighter Callahan would be facing at either AHL or NHL level and he seemed to struggle a bit. Its probably not so much his height or 5'11 thats the issue, its the fact he weighs only 175lbs. If he wants to become an NHL light-heavy hes gonna have to move up to around the 200lb mark.

For anyone who wants to see the fight we're on about:

His size is probably the only issue that may hold Callahan back from making it to Detroit. Josh Caron is about the size of the average fighter Callahan would be facing at either AHL or NHL level and he seemed to struggle a bit. Its probably not so much his height or 5'11 thats the issue, its the fact he weighs only 175lbs. If he wants to become an NHL light-heavy hes gonna have to move up to around the 200lb mark.

For anyone who wants to see the fight we're on about:

I don't see Mitch being an NHL heavy. A solid middle weightI can see with a mean streak and an great energy player. He just doesn't have the size really, neither did Domi I guess but I don't see this guy as the next Domi

Mitch had another fight the other day. Didn't do to well but didn''t get beat up really either. He hasn't been doing to well lately in the fighting department.

He's up to 35 points in 48 games, just the kind of improvement from last year everyone was hoping for.

I wish that someone on here has seen him play this season so we could get updated on how his skating has imrpoved. I also wouldn't mind knowing if he's a big hitter either. He's pretty small so I dunno if he has the big hits in him or not but god damn the kid is tough as nails.

He is bound to lost the odd fight. The guy he was fighting was about 6 inches taller than him.

Still, hes only lost 2 of his 16 or so fights this season. Which is brilliant. He also had another multi-point night last night with a goal and an assist.

ANOTHER multi point night for our boy Mitch last night (2 goals)

21 games to play (51 played), and hes now on 16 goals, 23 assists and 116PIM, compared with last seasons total of 14 goals and 13 assists with 188PIM. Hes still yappin' and scrappin' but hes putting up some decent numbers as well!

I believe he is tied for scoring leader of the Kelowna Rockets...its also worth noting that Kelowna, the current cup holders, are having a dire season having lost 25 of their 51 games.

Guess what? ANOTHER multi point night for our boy! (goal and assist)

He was the only assist on a shorthanded goal so hopefully thats a sign his skating has improved to be able to start and set up a breakaway shorthanded effort which such success.

Callahan has had a fight so far in the game tonight. The guy he fought is 6 foot 5 and 40lbs heavier than him.

High probability he lost (although it wouldnt be that shocking if he didnt) but f*** me this kid is fearless!

Yeah he did lose...but I was scoring it a draw until the end when he was pushed against the boards and Ramsey was able to use the height advantage to score about 6 rights.

Awe who cares, kid has the biggest set of balls in the entire Red Wings system.

May is close but not quite there maybe in his early days he did but not anymore.

Dirty Harry had another fight against a much bigger opponent. He got the W in a pretty bad fight. I didn't notice the A on his jersey anymore so maybe someone came back from injury that got it or something?

60 gp 45 points. The season is getting close to wrapping up but this is huge improvement from last year, can't help thinking that now since the guy is outta Cali he's probably getting some better coaching and better teammates and he's just oing to keep getting better.

And he's got proven knockout power now. Great draft pick

Our boy Mitch has been snakebit recently. Only 1 point in 9 games now.

He hasn't been fighting alot lately either. He just had a couple but until then he went quite a while without one. Is he hurt maybe ?

Decent scrap last night for him as well.