• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

First, great to have you back posting here.

Second, great to see him preforming so well, if he can fill a role like a Brendan Shanahan light it would be awesome.

I see him being a Matt Cooke, except a little less of a cheap shotting ****** bag.
Edit: Alright, Shanny light sounds fine.

Edited by cjm502, 03 November 2010 - 03:33 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:56 PM

I would say closer to a cross between Kirk Maltby and Darren McCarty. Best fighting skills in the WHL, sets out to piss the opposition off and has a decent scoring touch to top it off.

Not the biggest frame in terms of height, but if he makes it to the NHL he will be one of the top "pound for pound" fighters or maybe pushing the light heavyweight division if he keeps adding on the muscle.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#63 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:01 PM

I know he's putting up the points, but isn't that normal for the older guys of the CHL who are more physically developed than the young guns?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#64 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

I would say closer to a cross between Kirk Maltby and Darren McCarty. Best fighting skills in the WHL, sets out to piss the opposition off and has a decent scoring touch to top it off.

Not the biggest frame in terms of height, but if he makes it to the NHL he will be one of the top "pound for pound" fighters or maybe pushing the light heavyweight division if he keeps adding on the muscle.

I knew you'd be back. The RWC forum is just a joke.

#65 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:40 PM

I knew you'd be back. The RWC forum is just a joke.

RWC is essentially the same 6 posters trying to be comedians.

Callahan had another 4 point night tonight (1 goal, 3 assists) to make it 18 points in 16 games.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#66 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:19 AM

RWC is essentially the same 6 posters trying to be comedians.

Yeah. I used to go there a lot but once I realized the pattern it just got old really quick. It's a hell hole.

But it's great to see you back around here! We definitely need someone who can update us more frequently on Callahan.

#67 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:17 AM

8 points in 2 games,and the Rockets grit guy too! if he keeps that going we'll be looking at the next Gordie!!
no, in all seriousness im looking at him being more in the Alan Kerr mold, at the NHL level.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#68 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

a fight and a 3 pt night, way to go Mitch.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#69 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:35 AM

Yeah. I used to go there a lot but once I realized the pattern it just got old really quick. It's a hell hole.

But it's great to see you back around here! We definitely need someone who can update us more frequently on Callahan.

Sorry to harp on it, just noticed this though. The RWC forums are a complete disgrace. A thread can't stay on topic for longer than about 3 posts before one of the 'comedians' ruin it, and once it's ruined, there's no turning it around. It only gets worse and worse and gets further off topic.

Anyway, Callahan is tearing it up right now. 12 points in the past 4 games. :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#70 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:34 AM

Sorry to harp on it, just noticed this though. The RWC forums are a complete disgrace. A thread can't stay on topic for longer than about 3 posts before one of the 'comedians' ruin it, and once it's ruined, there's no turning it around. It only gets worse and worse and gets further off topic.

This Callahan guy is really making some noise. You had to wonder to yourself, 'How is it that he is the first one among the draftees of 09 that got a contract?' But, man, is he ever showing his colors.

In regards to RWC, well said. What really sucks about it is that the staff at RWC who write the scouting reports and the prospect features are of an incredible quality. They do absolutely fantastic work.

And, really, I don't mean to say that LGW is such a great place in terms of its forum. To me, it's the best internet Red Wings forum by default. It's like the bar that may be the closest to a college campus that everyone complains about but still frequents because that's simply where the best available party is.

#71 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

17 goals and 21 assists in 38 games played so far. 64 pims as well and 6 fights on the season. He isn't taking as many PIMs because he is thriving in a scoring role. I can't wait to see what he has in GR next year

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#72 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

Callahan now has 46 points in 45 games, wow looking like a really good late round pick. He had a really good fight last night as well, he has 7 on the year but that was his first in a while

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#73 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

It was a hell of a fight!

http://www.hockeyfig...m/fights/101808

Gogol is a cheap ***** too.

Edited by Konnan511, 03 February 2011 - 04:46 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#74 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:50 PM

Callahan has met last seasons totals that took 72 games in 47 games this season :clap:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#75 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

Isn't fighting as much this season because the Wings told him he had to cut down his penalty minutes to make it to Detroit :thumbdown:

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#76 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

I think Callahan will do very well in the AHL and NHL. He is a pretty good player in the juniors, but he is the type of guy who plays better as his line mates get better. He feeds off of who he plays with and creates chances in the offensive zone with great forechecking and doing all the dirty work. He is the type of guy who does not have enough natural talent to make it in the top 6, but would not hold his line back or be a liability if he was used as a supporting player on a line with two more skilled players in the top 6.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#77 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:19 AM

Isn't fighting as much this season because the Wings told him he had to cut down his penalty minutes to make it to Detroit :thumbdown:

UK have faith, they drafted this guy knowing he could fight, maybe they do want him to be a scrapper for them!

I think Callahan will do very well in the AHL and NHL. He is a pretty good player in the juniors, but he is the type of guy who plays better as his line mates get better. He feeds off of who he plays with and creates chances in the offensive zone with great forechecking and doing all the dirty work. He is the type of guy who does not have enough natural talent to make it in the top 6, but would not hold his line back or be a liability if he was used as a supporting player on a line with two more skilled players in the top 6.

This seems pretty true, I'm very excited to see how his style of game translates to the AHL next year. Is he big or tough enough to continue playing that same style? I think so, he has been fighting in the WHL against big guys and has only lost like 4 of 50 fights.

I doubt he is ever in our top 6 but at the rate he is developing he could end up a third liner who can play on the top line in a pinch perhaps

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#78 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

UK have faith, they drafted this guy knowing he could fight, maybe they do want him to be a scrapper for them!

I wasn't speculating. That's what they've actually told him.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak

#79 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

I wasn't speculating. That's what they've actually told him.

Link?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#80 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:29 AM

Link?

No link, just from a reliable source.

(edit: If you choose to not beleive me, I have no problem with that. Can never trust the internet.)

Edited by uk_redwing, 24 February 2011 - 08:40 AM.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak