• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

I guess under the rules it's a boarding call, but Mitch didn't even push, looked like he bumped him Posted Image

It always seems like the huge hits that should kill the person result in a bruise and the stupid little bumps are what cause injuries. The point is no matter what he shouldn't have hit him numbers parallel to the glass.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#102 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

It always seems like the huge hits that should kill the person result in a bruise and the stupid little bumps are what cause injuries. The point is no matter what he shouldn't have hit him numbers parallel to the glass.

He should have not made that hit and the guy he hit should have not been an idiot and put himself in that position. Both were at fault, so I'm not too upset with the suspension.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#103 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,695 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

He should have not made that hit and the guy he hit should have not been an idiot and put himself in that position. Both were at fault, so I'm not too upset with the suspension.

No doubt the other guy knew Mitch was behind him and a hit was likely, but anyone who wants to play in the NHL should know when to make the big hits and when to let off.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#104 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:05 AM

Callahan with his first goal tonight and also with a scrap against Fitzgerald.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#105 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

Callahan with his first goal tonight and also with a scrap against Fitzgerald.

Yup he got the better of a bigger fighter too.

I think a lot of people think Callahan is going to be a small agitator type like Steve Ott when in reality this kid looks more like a Chris Neil, Darren Mccarty type.

He wont be fighting the hugest guys in the league but would probably do ok against a lot of them. WHen he makes the NHL he'll be talked about as one of, if not the toughest pound for pound player in the league while being able to skate a regular shift

RIP BOB PROBERT #24