• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerfan1999

Aaron Downey Cut by Coyotes

Rate this topic

According to Eliot Freedman of HNIC, Downey has been cut by the 'Yotes.

His twitter reads

"Was disappointed to hear Coyotes cut Aaron Downey. One of the league's great people"

True that.

Hope he finds work somewhere.

According to Eliot Freedman of HNIC, Downey has been cut by the 'Yotes.

His twitter reads

"Was disappointed to hear Coyotes cut Aaron Downey. One of the league's great people"

True that.

Hope he finds work somewhere.

Very true, and unfortunate. Hopefully he finds someone who will play him. Love the guy, has a great attitude, but on the ice he can't hack it and its hard to justify giving a roster spot to an insurance policy.

Good luck Aaron.

No suprise, great guy and teammate but a terrible hockey player. Isn't there a saying that goes something like "nice guys finish last "

So true, I never really saw the value in keeping Downey.......he really was TERRIBLE. That being said, I still like the guy and wish him luck.

I'd rather have him on the roster than Maltby lol

He did some good things in the minors last year, so maybe GR can re-sign him.

I'm all for that. More Griffins games for me if that happens.

For the record, Downey isn't THAT bad of a player. He serves a role... Just a small one.

Also as a side note, I think he and Scott Parker are the only two goons of the past few years to win a cup and then have an elephant s*** all over their careers. I'm sure that counts for something.

I'm all for that. More Griffins games for me if that happens.

For the record, Downey isn't THAT bad of a player. He serves a role... Just a small one.

Also as a side note, I think he and Scott Parker are the only two goons of the past few years to win a cup and then have an elephant s*** all over their careers. I'm sure that counts for something.

With Parker it was injuries, and with Downey it was his age and playing for a team that's afraid to fight.

I don't see any elephant s***ting anywhere.

So true, I never really saw the value in keeping Downey.......he really was TERRIBLE. That being said, I still like the guy and wish him luck.

I'd rather have him on the roster than Maltby lol

Yeah I agree..I hope he finds a job somewhere but unfortunately for him its not going to be in the NHL

With Parker it was injuries, and with Downey it was his age and playing for a team that's afraid to fight.

I don't see any elephant s***ting anywhere.

I thought Parker "refused" an assignment to Hersey from the Avs...? I was unaware he was hurt.

And I agree on your comment of Downey.

I thought Parker "refused" an assignment to Hersey from the Avs...? I was unaware he was hurt.

And I agree on your comment of Downey.

What I meant was that Parker's career has been riddled with injuries. He's never had any talent, but that hasn't stopped other enforcers in the past from having a full-time roster spot.

He's spent so much time on the IR, that he just stopped becoming someone Colorado or San Jose wanted even when he finally got healthy.

No suprise, great guy and teammate but a terrible hockey player. Isn't there a saying that goes something like "nice guys finish last "

Ya well, he was a fan favorite, provided an element the Wings didn't/don't have, and his presence during the regular season clearly didn't hinder our efforts of winning the Stanley Cup two years ago.

That's too bad for Downey. Seriously, like Phoenix is rolling in all this talent that they couldn't find a spot for him? Anyhow, I think Downey is looking for a one way NHL Contract which would preclude any 2 way or AHL deal. Retirement may follow shortly. Too bad, he was my favorite Wing while he was here. Best of Luck, Aaron!

Ya well, he was a fan favorite, provided an element the Wings didn't/don't have, and his presence during the regular season clearly didn't hinder our efforts of winning the Stanley Cup two years ago.

ah. Maybe that's because he didn't play in the playoffs.....

Guest micah

I don't feel bad for him. He had a good carreer, is well respectyed by his peers in the trade, has a hot wife and can hang his hat on the fact that his reg, season presence helped his last team win a Cup, something they couldn't manage a year later without him. That's not nothing. Nice carreer Aaron,and thanks for being one of the good guys. Your willingness to do whatever was in the best interest of the team, be is rot in Grand Rapids or invite 225lb men to try to outpunch you, was an inspiration to us all. You might not have had the skills that some other Wings had, but you were willing to do absolutely anything you could for the good of the team, something you can't say about a few other Wings. Enjoy whatever comes next!