• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

LGW GM mentality...

Rate this topic

first, trade Lebda and Meech to Washington for Ovechkin and Backstrom, then trade Howard to Vancouver for Luongo, then bring Gerard Gallant out of retirement and trade him to Calgary for Jerome Iginla... trade Stuart and Rafalski's no trade clauses (not the players themselves, but actually trade their no trade clauses for a bag of pucks - this frees the player up to then be traded), then trade Rafalski for Atlanta's next 12 first round picks and Stuart to Tampa Bay for Vinny Lecavalier and Marty St. Louis... then trade Filpulla for Boogard (who needs a soft euro that's defensively responsible and capable of 80 pt seasons??!!? - we need toughness!) promote McCollum, Kindl, Brendan Smith and a 14 year old prospect from BC - because he won a ton of fights in Bantam AAA and we really need that grit on the back end... force Holmstrom, Draper, Lilja, Maltby and Osgood to all retire... finally, get everyone to restructure their contracts (even though the CBA doesn't allow contract restructuring - they'll make an exception!) for league minimum

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ovechkin

Franzen-Backstrom-Iginla

Cleary-Lecavalier-St.Louis

Abdelkader-Helm-Boogard

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Kindl

Smith-14 year old prospect

Luongo

McCollum

what an infusion of vets and prospects!

:blink:

Edited by stevkrause

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
first, trade Lebda and Meech to Washington for Ovechkin and Backstrom, then trade Howard to Vancouver for Luongo, then bring Gerard Gallant out of retirement and trade him to Calgary for Jerome Iginla... trade Stuart and Rafalski's no trade clauses (not the players themselves, but actually trade their no trade clauses for a bag of pucks - this frees the player up to then be traded), then trade Rafalski for Atlanta's next 12 first round picks and Stuart to Tampa Bay for Vinny Lecavalier and Marty St. Louis... then trade Filpulla for Boogard (who needs a soft euro that's defensively responsible and capable of 80 pt seasons??!!? - we need toughness!) promote McCollum, Kindl, Brendan Smith and a 14 year old prospect from BC - because he won a ton of fights in Bantam AAA and we really need that grit on the back end... force Holmstrom, Draper, Lilja, Maltby and Osgood to all retire... finally, get everyone to restructure their contracts (even though the CBA doesn't allow contract restructuring - they'll make an exception!) for league minimum

Franzen-Backstrom-Iginla

Leino-Helm-St.Louis

Abdelkader-Cleary-Boogard

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Kindl

Luongo

McCollum

I never found this joke funny the first 1,000 times someone made a new thread to post it, let alone this one. We get it people, theres a lot of idiots on this site. The fact that you assume Val will have a few 80 pt seasons in a few years makes you one of them.

I never found this joke funny the first 1,000 times someone made a new thread to post it, let alone this one. We get it people, theres a lot of idiots on this site. The fact that you assume Val will have a few 80 pt seasons in a few years makes you one of them.

capable of 80 pt seasons

learn to read.

also... when this season is over and he's ended with career highs - will you step to the plate and admit you were wrong? because in 5 years from now, if he hasn't had at least one 80 pt season... I will.

Edited by stevkrause

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
learn to read.

also... when this season is over and he's ended with career highs - will you step to the plate and admit you were wrong? because in 5 years from now, if he hasn't had at least one 80 pt season... I will.

He will never have one 80 Point season.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
be prepared to eat crow.

Be prepared to wait a good 6-8 years while Val is in his prime to find this bookmarked post and make me eat crow and have me not give a s***.

Franzen-Backstrom-Iginla

Cleary-Lecavalier-St.Louis

Abdelkader-Helm-Boogard

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Kindl

Luongo

McCollum

Get it done Kenny!

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
then your post serves no purpose but to be a sorry, angry, internet curmudgeon...

No, I was just pointing out obvious hypocrisy. You claim most of LGW have unrealistic views, when you think Val one day could become an 80 point player. This year I'd be shocked if he broke 50, and I think in his best season he will barely manage 70.

EDIT: And before you start saying everyone is entitled to their own opinion, many collumnists and the vast majority of posters here think 80 is far too much for him, especially playing on the Wing's where for the majoirty of his prime he will be on a team with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Since Babcock and Holland like to spread out the balanced scoring, he will most probably not be on a line with any of those players, and will NEVER break 80 points.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

No, I was just pointing out obvious hypocrisy. You claim most of LGW have unrealistic views, when you think Val one day could become an 80 point player. This year I'd be shocked if he broke 50, and I think in his best season he will barely manage 70.

how is thinking unrealistic acquisitions and impossible trades are ANYWHERE near the same as having high expectations of a player's potential? you're comparing apples to oranges and you're really grasping at straws here...

I don't surf this forum like I used to, so maybe I've missed something, but trade expectations used to be Much Worse than they are now; less trade possibilities have also come up than usual. This is not only a bad time to start this thread again, but it's also a topic that most of LGW is well aware of. It would have served you better if you had just sent it as a private message to the, oh, five posters who would make anywhere near these outrageous trade ideas.

Filpulla, for the record, probably could not hit 80 points. He played out of his mind these past playoffs, scoring 16 points in 23 games. Three goals. If a player is going to eclipse 80 points, they're going to have to score some goals. I can't think of many players who scored less than 30 goals last season who had 80 points at least. Backstrom, Savard, Thornton, maybe a few others. And they at least scored over 20.

Maybe we have a Joe Thornton in the making in our lineup, but I think it would have shown by now. I say, maybe 70 points for a couple seasons.

Val will not score more than 50 points this year, hes gunna spend atleast 50% of the season on the 3rd line. If he ever cracks 75 points ill be the first to laud him as a great player, but hes never shown the ability to take his level up from good player (50-75 pt a season, carrer second liner) to a great player (75+ first line player). He has a good set of skills but I still dont see anything that makes him look like our next 80 point guy.

Filpulla, for the record, probably could not hit 80 points. He played out of his mind these past playoffs, scoring 16 points in 23 games. Three goals. If a player is going to eclipse 80 points, they're going to have to score some goals. I can't think of many players who scored less than 30 goals last season who had 80 points at least. Backstrom, Savard, Thornton, maybe a few others. And they at least scored over 20.

Maybe we have a Joe Thornton in the making in our lineup, but I think it would have shown by now. I say, maybe 70 points for a couple seasons.

Bottom line in the next 5-6 years filppula will undoubtedly be a first line player. Unless some fluke happens. And any first line player on the wings will be capable of those kind of point totals. I think hes capable of being a first line player next year. But when you have datsyuk and zeterberg on your team your never going to get that chance to be the go to guy. Try putting a guy like spezza, or savard on our third line with third line ice time and a PK role and see if he can break 80 points. Its just not going to happen.

And although i dont think he'll hit 80, theres no logical reason why anyone can say can say its not possible. Anything can happen. Filppula has shown the skill but has never really "broken out" as a true star. Who would have thought franzen was capable of 40 goals a couple years ago? Like i said its all possible.

Bottom line in the next 5-6 years filppula will undoubtedly be a first line player. Unless some fluke happens. And any first line player on the wings will be capable of those kind of point totals. I think hes capable of being a first line player next year. But when you have datsyuk and zeterberg on your team your never going to get that chance to be the go to guy. Try putting a guy like spezza, or savard on our third line with third line ice time and a PK role and see if he can break 80 points. Its just not going to happen.

And although i dont think he'll hit 80, theres no logical reason why anyone can say can say its not possible. Anything can happen. Filppula has shown the skill but has never really "broken out" as a true star. Who would have thought franzen was capable of 40 goals a couple years ago? Like i said its all possible.

exactly - I don't think anything is a certainty, but I definitely think he has the POTENTIAL to eventually hit that mark...

then your post serves no purpose but to be a sorry, angry, internet curmudgeon...

Kind of ironic that you're saying that his post serves no purpose ! My post serves a purpose because it is pointing out the fact that this thread serves no purpose and it was a waste of 4 minutes of my normal life. It would've served a minor purpose if i had my laptop and was reading it on the can while taking a big smelly dump !