Photo
- - - - -

Which team do you think will win the champion in MLB?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FedorovMan91

FedorovMan91

Legend

• PipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:41 PM

I am almost a beginner in MLB since I have been in Canada for only few years as a status of foreigner. Just as I become intersted in MLB, I just wonder which you guys will win the MLB this season.

So far I heard, AL is superior over NL and as the tradition continues, the one league did not win the back to back championship many times throughout the history.

Even though the playoff match up is not set, I just want to hear some good opinions from people who have much knowledge of baseball or even just a fan.

Thank you
Anyone asks about the life? It is very simple. You have all or none. You have a success or failure. There can be only one winner. However, you need a failure to accomplish a success. You never look back. You only look forward. What you are doing right now for even a second or a minute shape your future. It can be deadly gloomy or very bright. Don't be frustrated by the present situation. Think positively. Good thing will happen to you soon

#2 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

My world series pick as of right now would be Red Sox/Cardinals. I really, really like the Angels but I don't think their pitching is deep enough to win it all. The Cardinals have the best one-two pitching punch in baseball with Carpenter and Wainwright.

Cardinals beat the Red Sox in six to win the World Series.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#3 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

Hard to go against the Yankees.

That being said if the Tigers get in, I think they can make some noise. Verlander, Jackson and Porcello are amazing pitchers.

#4 aw1340

aw1340

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:21 PM

The Yanks are going to be hard to beat this year. Tigers upset them in 06 but I think that team was a lot better than the team now, it will be difficult for them to pull it off again. That is if they even make it. They just swept the Indians to increase the lead in the division and hopefully they can get on a roll here.

#5 FedorovMan91

FedorovMan91

Legend

• PipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (aw1340 @ September 24, 2009 - 08:21PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Yanks are going to be hard to beat this year. Tigers upset them in 06 but I think that team was a lot better than the team now, it will be difficult for them to pull it off again. That is if they even make it. They just swept the Indians to increase the lead in the division and hopefully they can get on a roll here.

I agree with you in some parts but isn't Sabathia and Burnett are types of pitchers that you really cannot trust in the playoff? I mean, the career or history is just a record but Burnett does not have any playoff experiene and Sabathia was always playing worse than all people expected.

I actually think the Red Sox will win ALCS and for the National League, maybe Cardinals or Dodgers. Just my opinion smile.gif
Anyone asks about the life? It is very simple. You have all or none. You have a success or failure. There can be only one winner. However, you need a failure to accomplish a success. You never look back. You only look forward. What you are doing right now for even a second or a minute shape your future. It can be deadly gloomy or very bright. Don't be frustrated by the present situation. Think positively. Good thing will happen to you soon

#6 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:15 AM

I like the Cardinals and Phillies in the NL. I like the Yankees and Angels in the AL. But I wouldn't be shocked to see Boston make a splash. Either way should be a pretty good post-season.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#7 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:23 PM

thumbup.gif goal.gif thumbup.gif goal.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users