• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ltgator333

Theo Fleury Released by Calgary

Rate this topic

Guest micah

Dammit, Kenny's not picking up. I hope it's because he has Theo's agent on the phone and not because he's screening his calls again.

This sucks. It was win-win for Calgary to sign him on, even if he didn't play nightly. It isn't like he would have commanded big bucks. He looked real good for them thus far too, and I agree with some other folk around the interwebs: if a younger player was performing like he was during the preseason, he'd have made the team hands-down.

I'd really like to see someone take him on for the season. Hell, San Jose needs a forward, and their last two dinosaurs have already left -- they need a spot to fill, and for cheap.

Still, he did well this preseason, I think hockey fans are proud of him.

This sucks. It was win-win for Calgary to sign him on, even if he didn't play nightly. It isn't like he would have commanded big bucks. He looked real good for them thus far too, and I agree with some other folk around the interwebs: if a younger player was performing like he was during the preseason, he'd have made the team hands-down.

I'd really like to see someone take him on for the season. Hell, San Jose needs a forward, and their last two dinosaurs have already left -- they need a spot to fill, and for cheap.

Still, he did well this preseason, I think hockey fans are proud of him.

I think he'd fit in amazingly with a young team like the Leafs or Blues, who could use some secondary scoring and cheap depth, plus a veteran who can talk to the kids about how easy it is to fall into the wrong lifestyle and thus mentor them on living the NHL life the right way, by comparison of what he did wrong...

I think he'd fit in amazingly with a young team like the Leafs or Blues, who could use some secondary scoring and cheap depth, plus a veteran who can talk to the kids about how easy it is to fall into the wrong lifestyle and thus mentor them on living the NHL life the right way, by comparison of what he did wrong...

Send him to Montreal.

I'm a bit surprised by this, he was looking pretty good in the pre-season and was putting up some points and its not like the Flames are already loaded with scoring wingers.

"This is not a hockey story; it's a life story. Our agreement with Theoren was that he had to be one of our top six wingers and there were never any intentions of assigning him to the American Hockey League." Darryl Sutter, GM

He looked good, great story but he isn't a top 6 for Calgary. Classy all around - Fleury and the Flames.

Maybe someone will pick him up for 3rd line or 4th

Edited by RedWingsRox

True, but the Leafs have no room for him, and the Blues are hardly in need of secondary scoring with the likes of McDonald, Kariya, Boyes, Backes, Perron, Oshie, etc. on the roster.

With that said, this is bulls***. Not that the Flames need any help filling the seats on a nightly basis, but Fleury got the fans excited, and that mixed with his fairly impressive play should have been enough to earn a spot.

Edmonton's forwards have been playing like s*** this pre-season. Cusimano might be on to something. I wonder if Quinn would bring him in. The two had a connection on the 2002 Olympic team, and Quinn likes bringing in old guys (Phil Housley, Ron Francis, Brian Leetch, etc) if the role is right.

sad news. I wished this guy all the best and he sure looked poised to make the roster.

not to mention he made the dome electric scoring those goals.

hope he makes it with another team. he sure deserves another shot at the NHL

I'm a bit surprised by this, he was looking pretty good in the pre-season and was putting up some points and its not like the Flames are already loaded with scoring wingers.

The Wings have Bertuzzi. Enough said.

Its a sad story. I was really pulling for him as well. I really hope he plays hockey somewhere, even in the minors so he will come to Grand Rapids so I can see him on the ice. I got a chance to see some of his highlights and I think he would be a great player to watch, even in his twilight years.