• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

11iscoming

Adam Almquist

Rate this topic

i checked it out. he is not on the roster of swedens team for the tournament. some of his teammates are and they played today. so it seems he is injured or sick.

other ideas or facts.....anybody ....?

adam finished the tournament with 2 goals in 4 games. it was a different experience for him cause opposite to his club hv71 winning all the time, team sweden lost all games and finished in last place.

back to normal work...things didn´t change....another win 4-1 and another point for adam.

AA´s season count: 14gp - 5g - 25a - 30pts

Lets not go too overboard with junior statistics, however promising they may be.

The funny thing is, it didn't really start with us fans:

"Hvem blir neste svenske stjerne i Detroit?"

"Det tror jeg blir Adam Almqvist (18), en back som er veldig spilledyktig."

"Who will be the next swedish star in Detroit?"

"Hakan Andersson: I think it will be Adam Almqvist(18), back. Who knows how to play the game."

http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/vinte...cle2728724.ece

http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/vinte...cle2736914.ece

Edited by titanium2

Adam Almqvist now has 34 points in 15 games and is making his SEL debut vs Färjestad tomorrow(thursday)

hv 71 won 5-0, adam played on the second d-pair, had no points and was +1.

stat-wise pretty ok for his debut. don´t know how he looked out there though. maybe some of our "swedish lgw-guys" can help out and give a scouting report?

He played for HV71 against Frölunda (HV continued their domination with a 3-0, still comfortably on top of the table). Not sure what his stats were, but he did take a skate to the chin and needed stitches in the first, and was back in the second. He got powerplay time, playing with former NHLers like Janne Niinimaa (741 NHL games) and Björn Melin (3 NHL games...), and was on the ice for a powerplay goal by Niinimaa.

i guess it is time to bring back tha AA season count, now that it seems he has become comfortable in the big league and starts getting some points again. game winner tonight for adam.

AA´s season count SEL: 10gp - 2g - 1a - 3pts +3

AA´s season count J20: 15gp - 5g - 29a - 34pts +14

Now before we all get carried away and think we have Lids heir apparent, the guy I have him similar to and drafted more or less the same is Atlanta's Tobias Enstrom. Same stature

too, smallish playmking D with great hockey sense. If Adam can turn out as good or better than Tobias then Hakan has done it again.

Any recent news on this kid?

it seems that he had no problem with taking the next step and switching from juniors to men. as expected he could not match his unbelievable numbers from juniors, but nevertheless i think 7 points in 16 games are pretty good numbers for an 18 year old in swedens top-league. even more impressive is the fact that he is a +9.

sidenote: considering the scouting report on redwingscentral it may be a sign that he wears no.28. ;)

it seems that he had no problem with taking the next step and switching from juniors to men. as expected he could not match his unbelievable numbers from juniors, but nevertheless i think 7 points in 16 games are pretty good numbers for an 18 year old in swedens top-league. even more impressive is the fact that he is a +9.

sidenote: considering the scouting report on redwingscentral it may be a sign that he wears no.28. ;)

Also of note, is that in those 16 games, he's only picked up two minors. Kid is real responsible.

According to Bama from Hfboards:

"HV71 elitserien. 3games. 1assist. +3. Average playing time 19:30.

With 4 defenders out Adam has played over 20 minutes in two games this week and nobody is questioning his defensive skills anymore. He is still quite small, but thanks to his hockey sense, he is always in the right position.

He has always played on the powerplay and today he even played some penaltykill.

Adam will probably get quite a lot of playing time even when the injured players are back. At least 12-15 minutes."