82 replies to this topic

#41 Phazon

Phazon

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:57 PM

3 points for AA in SEL today!

he is the real deal, should been in swedens WJC squad.

#42 thedatsyukian

thedatsyukian

I was terror since the public school era

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Phazon @ December 12, 2009 - 12:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3 points for AA in SEL today!

he is the real deal, should been in swedens WJC squad.

Any goals out of those 3 points?
kay

#43 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (thedatsyukian @ December 12, 2009 - 02:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any goals out of those 3 points?

Naw. Actually it says on the Elitserien website that he had two points, both assists.

#44 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:28 PM

Now before we all get carried away and think we have Lids heir apparent, the guy I have him similar to and drafted more or less the same is Atlanta's Tobias Enstrom. Same stature
too, smallish playmking D with great hockey sense. If Adam can turn out as good or better than Tobias then Hakan has done it again.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#45 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:41 PM

http://www.redwingsc...5_RWCReport.php

"I love him as a prospect, I love that we drafted him ... If the draft last summer was about hockey sense, he's a top-10 pick," Andersson said. “He's just unbelievably smart, but a lot of people shied away from his size."

He really could be a gem.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#46 TimeBinder

TimeBinder

The continuum must be bound

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:54 AM

Any recent news on this kid?
Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

#47 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:35 PM

Wasn't selected to play for Sweden in the Juniors, and is still with HV71 (not their junior club) because of injuries to defensemen.
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."

#48 11iscoming

11iscoming

11iswaitingfor12

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (TimeBinder @ January 3, 2010 - 05:54PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any recent news on this kid?

it seems that he had no problem with taking the next step and switching from juniors to men. as expected he could not match his unbelievable numbers from juniors, but nevertheless i think 7 points in 16 games are pretty good numbers for an 18 year old in swedens top-league. even more impressive is the fact that he is a +9.

sidenote: considering the scouting report on redwingscentral it may be a sign that he wears no.28. wink.gif

#49 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (11iscoming @ January 6, 2010 - 02:19PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it seems that he had no problem with taking the next step and switching from juniors to men. as expected he could not match his unbelievable numbers from juniors, but nevertheless i think 7 points in 16 games are pretty good numbers for an 18 year old in swedens top-league. even more impressive is the fact that he is a +9.

sidenote: considering the scouting report on redwingscentral it may be a sign that he wears no.28. wink.gif

Also of note, is that in those 16 games, he's only picked up two minors. Kid is real responsible.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#50 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:09 AM

According to Bama from Hfboards:

"HV71 elitserien. 3games. 1assist. +3. Average playing time 19:30.

With 4 defenders out Adam has played over 20 minutes in two games this week and nobody is questioning his defensive skills anymore. He is still quite small, but thanks to his hockey sense, he is always in the right position.
He has always played on the powerplay and today he even played some penaltykill.

Adam will probably get quite a lot of playing time even when the injured players are back. At least 12-15 minutes."

#51 RedFlag85

RedFlag85

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:58 AM

He currently has 8 points in 24 games for HV71 Elitserien. He has a knee injury, and is listed as day to day.

#52 ruarc'

ruarc'

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:38 AM

He currently has 8 points in 24 games for HV71 Elitserien. He has a knee injury, and is listed as day to day.

Nick Junior, Jr.?

Kidding aside, I hope that knee heals up real fast for the kid. It's been fun following his progress all year.

Edited by ruarc', 05 February 2010 - 09:39 AM.

Sig by TeeMan.

"You've been struck by the Smooth Criminal."

#53 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

He's playing with the big club in the playoffs. HV71 are leading Timr two games to none in the opening round. Almqvist took a rough elbow to the head in the game, and went down. Not sure what his status is.
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."

#54 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

Got huge credit today in their win today over SAIK

http://www.aftonblad...ticle6886618.ab

"He's got mad hockey sense"

Nice job Mr Andersson :clap:

#55 Dave Anderson

Dave Anderson

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

Got huge credit today in their win today over SAIK

http://www.aftonblad...ticle6886618.ab

"He's got mad hockey sense"

Nice job Mr Andersson :clap:

Nice video. More in this article:

http://hockey.expres...ist-matchhjalte

"He's got everything. It doesn't matter if 110 kg of muscles is coming against him. He understands the situation perfectly clear," said HV coach Jan Karlsson. "

#56 DatsyukownzU13

DatsyukownzU13

http://throwthewingup.blogspot.com/

• Gold Booster
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

Now before we all get carried away and think we have Lids heir apparent, the guy I have him similar to and drafted more or less the same is Atlanta's Tobias Enstrom. Same stature
too, smallish playmking D with great hockey sense. If Adam can turn out as good or better than Tobias then Hakan has done it again.

I think comparing him to Tobias Enstrom is getting carried away as it is. Enstrom is a premier player in the NHL, he's just stuck in a black-hole of a franchise that is Atlanta (yeah, they've been decent this year but his skills are often overlooked).

Sure he seems to have great hockey sense and playmaking ability, which is comparable to Enstrom, but Enstrom has much more strength to his name and obviously has proven abilities at higher levels than the SEL.

With that said, for our last pick of the draft he seems to have potential steal written all over him. Luckily for us, with the help of a personal trainer he could easily bulk up and we have no instant need for him so that will give him a nice amount of time to progress in the SEL.

#57 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:05 PM

Right now it is game 5 in the semifinal between HV71 and SAIK (HV lead 3 games to 1), and HV are up 3 to 0. Almquist has two assists so far.

#58 11iscoming

11iscoming

11iswaitingfor12

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

HV 71 has won game 5 and the series 4-1. now they play Djurgarden in the finals. adam had it going in games 4 and 5 with 5 assists. in the SEL playoffs he has now 10 GP 1 G 7 A for 8 PTS and is +4.

#59 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

It's possible he could be another late round steal :D

#60 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:00 AM

you would think after all the undersized players the wings have drafted that have had some success in the nhl over the years, other teams would start to realize that skill can get you pretty far.