• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 NGKEIB

NGKEIB

eltit rebmem motsuC

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:31 PM

Well, HV71 just won the Swedish championship! In the 16 postseason games he played, Almquist had one goal and ten assists, and was used by the coach in all situations - 2nd ES pairing, 2nd PP formation, and also saw time on the penalty kill (usually with Janne Niinimaa - you'll remember him from '97).

In the locker room after the match he was interviewed in the locker room, and he is tiny! That said, he looks like another late round steal. He has good sense, doesn't rush things etc.
"Summa pia gratia nostra conservando corpora et custodita, de gente fera Normannica nos libera, quae nostra vastat, Deus, regna."

#62 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

Almqvist would be a damn first rounder this summer had he been born eight months later.

#63 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:35 AM

I get REALLY happy when I read this thread.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#64 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

I get REALLY happy when I read this thread.

And I laugh a little bit inside when I see your avatar haha

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#65 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:06 AM

He and Jarnkrok will face the US WJC.

http://blog.mlive.co...adam_almqv.html

#66 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:42 PM

Season opener.

Adam Almqvist, HV71 - 20:46 TOI, -1, 0 shots, 0 PIM

#67 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

One assist through five games thus far.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#68 11iscoming

11iscoming

11iswaitingfor12

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

he has not exactly torn apart the league scoring wise, like he did in last years playoffs or in the juniors, but he has played in 43 games so far and has scored 16 points (all helpers) while playing on the second pair. most impressive may be the fact that he is leading the entire SEL in +/- with a +18 rating as an not even 20 year old. it may help that he is playing with the defending champs, but he also seems to be a big factor that they are as succesful as they are.

Edited by 11iscoming, 01 February 2011 - 04:57 PM.

#69 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

A2 has been really playing well the past couple months. He's been a factor in his team doing so well. He had 3 assists today alone. He's going to be a fantastic PP QB for us someday, if he fills out his 5'11"/6' frame and works on his defense some.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#70 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:06 AM

the Wings have a good guy watching AA play as Fredrik Olausson is one of the assistant coaches.
Adam now has a +20 rating so it looks like his defensive play could be improving.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#71 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:01 AM

A2 leads the entire league in +/-. 4th in defenseman on his team in points. He has improved his defensive play, his offense is starting to come around even more, now all the kid needs to do is work on his skating and strength and he has a great chance of making the Wings in the next 5 years :) I have some high hopes for this kid.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#72 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:05 AM

What are we projecting him to be though?

2nd pairing defenceman and on the top PP unit?

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#73 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

Perhaps. If he makes it. Still a big if at this point.

#74 Dave Anderson

Dave Anderson

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:40 PM

He could be the next Rafalski or the next Lebda, depending on how he develops. I think he will get a shot at the NHL in 3-4 years.

#75 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

He seems like a 4th/5th tweener. If he fills out just a bit he could quickly become Rafalski lite with better defensive instincts (even though Rafalski's defensive awareness is vastly underrated on this board).
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#76 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

Looks like the Wings signed him per CapGeek. Anyone know what the plan is for him the next couple years?

#77 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:39 AM

Looks like the Wings signed him per CapGeek. Anyone know what the plan is for him the next couple years?

Next season he'll be in the SEL, the season after that if he bulks up just a bit more and improves his skating slightly, he should be in GRap with Pulu and Jarnkrok.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#78 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

Good to hear about his signing. He has great hockey sense and vision but he just need to hit the gym and improve his shot.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#79 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

One Rafalski retires, another Rafalski is signed.

Take a big step this year Adam, I want to see you on the second PP in four years in Detroit.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#80 MatlockLink

MatlockLink

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

He could be the next Rafalski or the next Lebda, depending on how he develops. I think he will get a shot at the NHL in 3-4 years.

I've seen him alot here in Sweden. I'd say he's more like Kronwall in his style. He's way more physical then Rafalski. Great skater both with puck and
without puck. AND he likes the big open ice hits.