• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:23 AM

Lets start the first LGW meeting of the 09/10 season with the second game of the regular season!
Saturday October 3rd 2009 the Detroit Red Wings will face off vs St. Louis in SWEDEN at 3pm aired on CBC and Fox Sports Detroit. The usual Buffalo Wild Wings in Mt. Clemens will probably be the place unless we have some new comers, if then we can try and pick a more centralized location.

Attending:
redwingslady87
HOCKEYMATTERS

Possibly attending:
Rivalred

redwingcapt Are you thinking about attending? If Mt. Clemens is a bit far for you, we could talk about going to the BWW in Troy.

Edited by redwingslady87, 28 September 2009 - 10:14 PM.

#2 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:12 AM

FYI The first game is October 2nd

#3 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Swayze @ September 27, 2009 - 02:12AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FYI The first game is October 2nd

I realized that after I posted it. I was caught up in the whole first meeting thing. So everyone note, I have A.D.D. it is actually the second game of the season.

#4 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:32 AM

If it makes you feel better, it's technically our first home game smile.gif

#5 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Swayze @ September 27, 2009 - 02:32AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it makes you feel better, it's technically our first home game smile.gif

Yeah that was part of the thought process as well. So Swayze, are you up for a drive to hang out with fellow Wings fans? I see you're from Flint and I know thats a bit of a drive to Mt. Clemens. I'm from Clarkston and it usually takes me 30- 45 minutes, but its always worth the trip.

#6 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (redwingslady87 @ September 27, 2009 - 01:23AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets start the first LGW meeting of the 09/10 season with the second game of the regular season!
Saturday October 3rd 2009 the Detroit Red Wings will face off vs St. Louis in SWEDEN at 3pm aired on CBC and Fox Sports Detroit. The usual Buffalo Wild Wings in Mt. Clemens will probably be the place unless we have some new comers, if then we can try and pick a more centralized location.

haha so if I want to be a newcomer you guys will move more central to me tongue.gif haha

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#7 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:04 AM

I won't be able to make it this time, in the middle of a job hunt right now. Possibly next time though, how often do you guys usually meet?

#8 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:50 AM

You know I'm up for it!! Buffalo Wild Wings, Chilis', or wherever. Thanks for strting the thread! I must be slipping in my old age. lol.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#9 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (redwingslady87 @ September 27, 2009 - 02:39AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah that was part of the thought process as well. So Swayze, are you up for a drive to hang out with fellow Wings fans? I see you're from Flint and I know thats a bit of a drive to Mt. Clemens. I'm from Clarkston and it usually takes me 30- 45 minutes, but its always worth the trip.

Hope you don't mind, I sent a PM to all those that have attended RWN - HQ in the past. Let's have a big turn out folks!! As usual, ANYONE AND EVERYONE is welcome at these. Bring friends, family, kids .........

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS, 27 September 2009 - 09:42 AM.

#10 redwingcapt

redwingcapt

redwingcapt

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (redwingslady87 @ September 27, 2009 - 01:23AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cann anyone go that part of LGW or is this just your friends?? cuz i would like to talk about hockey intellectually with people for once!
To whom much is given, much is expected

#11 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (redwingcapt @ September 27, 2009 - 11:25AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cann anyone go that part of LGW or is this just your friends?? cuz i would like to talk about hockey intellectually with people for once!

Everyone is welcome at these gatherings. We just call it Red Wing Nation Head Quarters (RWN_HQ) because there are other LGW folks around the country that gather also (most notably RWN-WEST in California). It's a way of telling the gatherings of different groups apart in the threads.

So, yeah. Bring yourself and anyone you want to these. By the way, we have a blast when we get together.

#12 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (wingnut22 @ September 27, 2009 - 02:54AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha so if I want to be a newcomer you guys will move more central to me tongue.gif haha

Can't speak for the others, but I'm always willing to drive to meet up with people. Thats why I drive to Mt. Clemens to meet up with everyone else. How far would you be willing to drive Lizz?

#13 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (HOCKEY MATTERS @ September 27, 2009 - 10:40AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hope you don't mind, I sent a PM to all those that have attended RWN - HQ in the past. Let's have a big turn out folks!! As usual, ANYONE AND EVERYONE is welcome at these. Bring friends, family, kids .........

No problem. I thought about sending a PM out last night, but my bed was calling me. Thanks for spreading the word for me.

#14 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:28 PM

You bet. ^

#15 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (Swayze @ September 27, 2009 - 03:04AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't be able to make it this time, in the middle of a job hunt right now. Possibly next time though, how often do you guys usually meet?

Usually we meet up on the weekends. Its easiest for everyone to be able to find time to fit it into their busy schedules. I think the latest we've gone for is a 7 or 8pm game, so with that said there are around 25 chances to meet up in the regular season. HOCKEYMATTERS or myself will usually have a link in our signatures if we are planning to have a meeting.

#16 timothy1997

timothy1997

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

Thanks HM for the message. Oct 3rd isnt good for me on this short notice but interested in future get-togethers.

#17 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (redwingslady87 @ September 27, 2009 - 01:21PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't speak for the others, but I'm always willing to drive to meet up with people. Thats why I drive to Mt. Clemens to meet up with everyone else. How far would you be willing to drive Lizz?

haha I was just kidding. I would love to get to meet up and with more people from LGW. that whole distance thing just gets in the way

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#18 PenaltyShot 96

PenaltyShot 96

Youth Movement

• HoF Booster
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

Unfortunately I can't make it. The beginning of October is Autoshow weekend and I have an obligation to attend. Keep us updated on future RWN_HQ outings smile.gif

Edited by PenaltyShot 96, 27 September 2009 - 04:28 PM.

"That's what happens when Downey walks into a room...things die."

#19 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (wingnut22 @ September 27, 2009 - 04:00PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha I was just kidding. I would love to get to meet up and with more people from LGW. that whole distance thing just gets in the way

Yeah I know it sucks Lizz. Would you be willing to drive to East Lansing? I'm over there quite often on weekends as well, and I know there are a few other LGW members in the area around there. If only we could get them together.

#20 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (redwingslady87 @ September 27, 2009 - 11:50PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I know it sucks Lizz. Would you be willing to drive to East Lansing? I'm over there quite often on weekends as well, and I know there are a few other LGW members in the area around there. If only we could get them together.

It would have to be a wait and see kind of thing. my job ends on monday, and I have no prospects of getting another. I have a car repair bill to pay and everyday expenses! so any road trips are out for right now.....but I hold out hope I will be able to at some point this season!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users