• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nev

Cleary: "I can't stand Pittsburgh"

Rate this topic

I don't know anyone, aside from Penguins fans, that even like them. So you're not alone, Danny.

I considered them my favorite East team pre-Crosby, and really didn't mind them up until 2008 when we played them the first time. Now, not so much.

Well Danny deserves all his feelings. The guy played his ass off despite injuries and was there 100% for every game. This is a player who learned about work ethic and shows it all the time. That's priceless in the playoffs. Some of his team mates could take a lesson from him.

Seriously, how can you not love this guy? He's really developed into a great team player. He's got a great work ethic and attitude to match! I love his tell it like it is style too! It's so refreshing to hear an athlete not sugarcoat his true feelings. I'm so sick of the "it is what it is" cliche!

Well Danny deserves all his feelings. The guy played his ass off despite injuries and was there 100% for every game. This is a player who learned about work ethic and shows it all the time. That's priceless in the playoffs. Some of his team mates could take a lesson from him.

I'll bite. Who are you referring to and for what reason(s)?

If it weren't for penguins fans and people form pittsburgh in general the pens would be my enemy only for the next year, like any other team we lose to, but my hate grew for them the year we beat them, jsut because their fans are far dumber than your average crowd.

Cindi Crysbaby needs a lesson in respect! I will never forget the level of disrespect he showed toward the Wings after game 7 last season. I despise him, and want the announcers and NHL management to stop swinging from his nuts. Hopefully now they can move on! There is way more talent in the NHL besides the ****** bag twins (Crosby and Malkin). I’m glad Cleary is mad… he should be. We should have, could have, but didn’t. Now we have a new season ahead of us to take back what is ours and, if nothing else, unleash hell fury on Pittsburg!

GO WINGS!!

I think a couple good rivalries in chicago and pittsburg will actually do the red wings some good, give them a bit of spark and desperation while they play...

It's hard to have a legitimate rivalry with a team you only play once a season.

To get Osgood those two extra wins the series would have had to been changed to a best of 11. That way the Wings would have needed to win 6 games instead of 5 of 9

yea... so, there's that, haha

didn't really do the math right in the first place...

Is anyone else really really pumped to start the season?

Hearing quotes like these knows that the team wants to steamroll everyone they play.

Really really pumped might be an understatement.

I've stayed away from hockey news completely since the finals until this past week and I cannot get enough of it. I'm happy to hear the players verbalize what some of the fans feel, especially since they're the only ones who can do anything about it.

Cleary seems like one of those guys in the locker room whose personality and spirit will rub off on some of the younger guys. I'm thinking that last game last year should provide more than enough motivation for the upcoming year.

Neither can anyone else. Good to see some fire going into this season.

Red Wings + Pissed off = Great results

Yup. Personally, I don't believe in the whole rally around one player thing ("win it for Hossa," "win it for Drake") unless that one player happens to be wheelchair-bound from a limo accident or comparable. The bitter taste of defeat, combined with the intense will to get back what you feel is rightfully yours, is universal and something that touches everyone who played in Game 7 last year.