• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Does anyone else love this Rick Rypien kid

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted
he just keeps piling on the wins... easily the best pound for pound fighter in the league right now...

Yup. He won a fight in his last game and pretty much dominated Stortini (again) last night.

The kid is 5 foot 11 and under 200 pounds for pete's sake.

The only thing I don't get is how people just can't figure out his MO. He throws with both hands at times but pretty much grabs with his right and blocks/throws jabs with his left. He's not a power puncher by any means either. I think he gets a lot of people off balance because they throw with their rights and he's always blocking punches from that side and ducking, so the big guys kind of whiff over the top of him.

My guess is the best thing to do against him, if you are bigger and have reach, would be to square up like the big boys do, keep your left extended with a good grab, do the short jab/grab punch and then fire a strong right hand right down the middle or an uppercut b/c he ducks so much.

I think he would have trouble against a legitimate heavyweight with technical skill. For instance, I think Colton Orr would absolutely destroy Ripper. Gill, Stortini, those guys aren't really that good for their size.

In the end, Ripper keeps ripping off wins and he's fun as heck to watch, especially since he's my size. I love the kid.

Would love to see he and Tootoo go at it. Very good fighter, and looks like he always starts his fights clean, unlike Tootoo.

Tootoo would tear this guy a new *******. This guy is a lightweight (175 lbs.) and Tootoo is a middleweight (205 lbs). Rypien looks good against all the other scrubs he's fighting, but as soon as he runs into someone heavier, lights out.

Im from BC and I get to see Rick a lot and he is an OK fighter at best and a HORRIBLE player... he reminds me of Jarko Ruutu...and Mike Brown...just terrible its sad that he is taking up a roster spot instead of Cody Hodgson

Rypien for Holmstrom?

Guest CaliWingsNut
I wanna see him and Lucic go at it...

If only Lucic wasn't out 4-6 with a broken finger :/ (he's on a few of my fantasy teams)

Tootoo would tear this guy a new *******. This guy is a lightweight (175 lbs.) and Tootoo is a middleweight (205 lbs). Rypien looks good against all the other scrubs he's fighting, but as soon as he runs into someone heavier, lights out.

I think he would give Tootoo a run for his money, even with the size differential...

Rypien is like 5'9 170 pounds. That's how much Lilja eats every day.

Just because he beat Tina the other night doesn't mean he's ready to move up in weight class.

Once again, the whole concussion thing is a wee bit of a disadvantage.