• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JayUp88

Joe Sakic Retirement Ceremony

Rate this topic

http://avalanche.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?c...96&id=47742

Just surprised no one has said anything about this. The second greatest cap in my lifetime had his number retired last night. As much as the Aves have been hated around here I have never hated Joe. He reminds me so much of Steve with his loyalties and love for the game. I was hopping they would put the C on his banner like Steve's which I'm glad they did.

Sakic has always been the one Av that I (and I think almost all Wings fans, really) always had the utmost respect for. He and Yzerman always kept above the fray during the rivalry. Class act all around - congrats to him on the jersey retirement, that one has always been a given, as it should be.

Guest Shoreline

Hated his teammates like Forsberg, Foote, Deadmarsh, Lemieux, Roy, etc., but always respected Burnaby Joe. I missed the ceremony but I will certainly watch this later. Was looking it up on Youtube last night before I went to bed with no success.

Edited by Shoreline

Gotta respect Sakic. As everyone says, on the same level of class as Stevie Y and that is so rare. Like they said during the ceremony, to paraphrase, "they made two players out of the same mold, Sakic and Yzerman, except one shoots right and the other shoots left". It was a good ceremony. Pretty short, kinda mumbled a lot, but he was emotional and I thought it was pretty cool. :thumbup::thumbup: