• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 waitahochiminute

waitahochiminute

Henrikov Zetterstrom

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:19 PM

Im in the process of switching back to Sprint from AT&T. I have a blackberry pearl and 3 of the buttons decided to fall off and go there seperate way (probably in my dogs digestive system) but AT&T wont let me get a new phone cause im not under warranty anymore and I dont have insurance. Being that I cant stand AT&T and all the usage charges I myteriously get each month I wanna know what phones Sprint has to offer. Could you point me in the right direction to a good phone to text with plllllease?

#2 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,413 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:50 PM

I have had Sprint for 15 years and love my current phone, a Samsung Rant. Sliding full qwerty keyboard and it comes in purple, my favorite. Also red or black.

I got mine at BestBuy. It was literally free. Not even a set up charge. They were very knowledgable at the store I went to. Radio Shack and Sprint stores were $59 and $79 respectively for the exact same phone -- but only BB had purple. biggrin.gif

I am not a blackberry/websurfing/gaming/navigation type of phone user. For voice and text, I haven't found a better or more durable phone than a Samsung. I've traded up every other year (to free phone under contract) and my last three have been Samsungs. thumbup.gif

Good luck!

I hate AT&T, too, BTW. dry.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#3 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:01 PM

Ack...

I bailed on Sprint earlier this year from having them for 9 years! Customer Service was a pain. I went with Verizon...

As for phones via Sprint,

Stick with Samsung or Sanyo for durability/call clarity.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#4 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:21 AM

Palm Pre and many a Blackberry to be had on Sprint's network. I do agree with rivalred about considering Verizon.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#5 C20lw

C20lw

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

Samsung phones would be your best bet. Beware the flip phones though, they tend to break easily if dropped. Still work without the screens though.

I do agree Sprint is horrid. I received a few bills with random charges over $200. As soon as I could I switched to Verizon. Customer service on Sprint was a joke. I know others who left Sprint for AT&T.

Thanks wingnut22!!

#6 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 5,043 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

I sell both Sprint and AT&T where I work and besides the price point on everything plans, AT&T has far superior phones compared to Sprint.

That being said -- since you are done with AT&T -- I will tell you that the Palm Pre from Sprint is the best phone they have sold in a long time. I generally don't care for Sprint phones at all, but the Pre is terrific if you are interested in a phone that is very data capable. If you prefer Blackberry, then check out the Tour.

As for recommending a more basic Sprint phone, the Rumor II isn't too bad and it is very much designed for texting purposes.

Good Luck in your phone search.

#7 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

Blackberry Curve. It's $49 right now from Sprint. The Curve is WAY better than the Pearl. Google it.

And I totally disagree w/ those that are bashing Sprint. I've been w/ them for a long time and they are the cheapest plans hands down.

Customer Service is fine by me. I don't need it often but when I do, it's fine.

Sprint has that Everthing Moblie now too.

Edited by rage, 05 October 2009 - 09:15 PM.

Posted Image

#8 TheGoonSquad0208

TheGoonSquad0208

Game on!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

I have sprint and I got the Curve 8830 around May. Only thing I have a complaint with is that some areas I don't get good reception in, other than that I have no complaints I like my BB alot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users