• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 waitahochiminute

waitahochiminute

Henrikov Zetterstrom

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 09:19 PM

Im in the process of switching back to Sprint from AT&T. I have a blackberry pearl and 3 of the buttons decided to fall off and go there seperate way (probably in my dogs digestive system) but AT&T wont let me get a new phone cause im not under warranty anymore and I dont have insurance. Being that I cant stand AT&T and all the usage charges I myteriously get each month I wanna know what phones Sprint has to offer. Could you point me in the right direction to a good phone to text with plllllease?

#2 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:50 PM

I have had Sprint for 15 years and love my current phone, a Samsung Rant. Sliding full qwerty keyboard and it comes in purple, my favorite. Also red or black.

I got mine at BestBuy. It was literally free. Not even a set up charge. They were very knowledgable at the store I went to. Radio Shack and Sprint stores were $59 and $79 respectively for the exact same phone -- but only BB had purple. biggrin.gif

I am not a blackberry/websurfing/gaming/navigation type of phone user. For voice and text, I haven't found a better or more durable phone than a Samsung. I've traded up every other year (to free phone under contract) and my last three have been Samsungs. thumbup.gif

Good luck!

I hate AT&T, too, BTW. dry.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#3 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:01 PM

Ack...

I bailed on Sprint earlier this year from having them for 9 years! Customer Service was a pain. I went with Verizon...

As for phones via Sprint,

Stick with Samsung or Sanyo for durability/call clarity.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#4 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:21 AM

Palm Pre and many a Blackberry to be had on Sprint's network. I do agree with rivalred about considering Verizon.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#5 C20lw

C20lw

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

Samsung phones would be your best bet. Beware the flip phones though, they tend to break easily if dropped. Still work without the screens though.

I do agree Sprint is horrid. I received a few bills with random charges over $200. As soon as I could I switched to Verizon. Customer service on Sprint was a joke. I know others who left Sprint for AT&T.

Thanks wingnut22!!

#6 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

I sell both Sprint and AT&T where I work and besides the price point on everything plans, AT&T has far superior phones compared to Sprint.

That being said -- since you are done with AT&T -- I will tell you that the Palm Pre from Sprint is the best phone they have sold in a long time. I generally don't care for Sprint phones at all, but the Pre is terrific if you are interested in a phone that is very data capable. If you prefer Blackberry, then check out the Tour.

As for recommending a more basic Sprint phone, the Rumor II isn't too bad and it is very much designed for texting purposes.

Good Luck in your phone search.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#7 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:12 PM

Blackberry Curve. It's $49 right now from Sprint. The Curve is WAY better than the Pearl. Google it.

And I totally disagree w/ those that are bashing Sprint. I've been w/ them for a long time and they are the cheapest plans hands down.

Customer Service is fine by me. I don't need it often but when I do, it's fine.

Sprint has that Everthing Moblie now too.

Edited by rage, 05 October 2009 - 09:15 PM.

Posted Image

#8 TheGoonSquad0208

TheGoonSquad0208

Game on!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

I have sprint and I got the Curve 8830 around May. Only thing I have a complaint with is that some areas I don't get good reception in, other than that I have no complaints I like my BB alot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users