• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Mule

[GDT] 10/3 - Red Wings, 3 @ Blues, 5 (Stockholm)

Rate this topic

Yeah, we definitely have special teams issues. I wonder what can be done to fix them? Especially the PK, carrying over from last season.

Bert can drive the damn net some. He looks to pass too much. Drive that big ass straight to the net and let Z and Danny pick up the loose scraps.

esteef

That long PP where the Wings had great chances but Lidstrom kept missing the net is going to come back and haunt us.

Yeah. Though Lids misses the net a lot of times on purpose. They just weren't able to do anything with it down low. The blues had four guys collapsed to help out around the crease.

We have Ericsson this season...and maybe May, Newbury and Abdelkader for the odd game if all goes to plan. Not much, but alot better than last season with Hossa being our enforcer ;)

Well... baby steps? :P

Just got back from Stockholm,couldn't do 2 games 'cause I gotta work tomorrow.

So how was the first,just saw the last minute or so?

Awww, that's no fun. Did you have a beer with Mindfly? :P

2 goals in the 1st 2 minutes, Wings controlled the play most of the period. Except for that 5 on 3.

not an overall bad 1st period

we dominated the first half..

but momentum went to st in the second half..

cant do that

hope we have a strong 2nd and an even stronger 3rd..!

Dominated with some crappy special teams and a couple dirty Wings goals.

One thing I'm excited about this season: The Wings are actually driving to the net again. This promises to pay dividends for them down the road, especially if Bertuzzi can remember how to crash the net himself. But I figure it's just an adjustment period before the new guys figure out their roles.

Awww, that's no fun. Did you have a beer with Mindfly? :P

2 goals in the 1st 2 minutes, Wings controlled the play most of the period. Except for that 5 on 3.

Ok,thanks.

Not meeting Lennart aka Mindfly and the loss were the only downpoints in the whole trip.

Do have lots of SoCo tax free from the cruise now. :hehe:

Is it just me or does it seem like the crowd was cheering a lot more for the Blues yesterday and more for the Wings today?

That was weird yesterday. But they showed a close-up of the crowd (other than the clump of Blues' fans) and there were a lot of red jerseys/shirts out there. And welcome back! ;)

First period's over and the Wings definitely look better. SO far! And wouldn't it be lovely if the Blues kept up their undisciplined play and keep getting stoopid penalties? :rolleyes:

Other bits and pieces...Anybody else hear the comment before the game about Bertuzzi? That they hoped he'd learn to be more of a team player with the Wings. Hmmmm...

Meanwhile, I'm not too thrilled with the CBC announcers, but I'm hoping the female announcer does better as she gets more into the game. Nice concept.

Not necessarily saying Howard is overall the better goaltender just yet. I'm just saying in terms of reflex speed, it looks like Howard is much quicker.

I can agree with that. I think Ozzy has looked a little slower the last couple seasons. I have to wonder if that's been part of reinventing his game. He had to become a more positionally sound guy and make himself bigger because he couldn't rely on reflexes as much.

Overall great period from the Wings, just frustrating they come out with a one goal lead.

And though he didn't get an assist, that second goal came about when Ericsson made a nice play to cause a turnover and set up Bertuzzi.