• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jasper84

Wings Updates On Cell Phone

Rate this topic

I figured I'd post this and ask people on here, as I am sure someone out there has it... I remember about 2 years ago, a buddy of mine had a free subscription to some sort of Red Wings text alert (NHL has video alert, but its one video per period and a paid subscription, this is not what he had), where it would send live updates & video highlights of goals and such, during the game. I'd love to get this on my phone, but I'm not sure where it would be found, or what it's called.

Anyone by any chance have this?

Edited by Kween78

i know we all dog espn, but they do have a decent text service (for free...or costs the normal usage of a text...if its unlimited you're fine). you can get updates for every goal scored during a wings game and an update at then end of each period.

An example from yesterday:

ESPN NHL - STL Goal 17:36 2nd - STL 4 DET 3 - STL - PAUL KARIYA 2 (T.J. OSHIE)

You can set it up on the wings official site. I tried but it only works for Americans so I was stuck getting TSN text alerts (which is still alright) You have to go under the media heading on the wings site if I remember correctly

You could try this.

Setup a Google Voice account (with a US number).

Have the texts go to the GV account.

Have GV forward the texts to your cell and/or email address.

Seems like a lot of work for little benefit, but it's an option. ;)

Added bonus, you'd then have a US number in case anyone wanted to call you from the States. Since most cell plans include domestic long distance, it would save them money. You can also use your GV account to call them for free. Free calls to and from US/Canada.

You can set it up on the wings official site. I tried but it only works for Americans so I was stuck getting TSN text alerts (which is still alright) You have to go under the media heading on the wings site if I remember correctly
Edited by FireCaptain

Easiest way is ESPN. They do an outstanding job with text alerts. Sign up for an account there and set up alerts, simple as that. As sson as a boxscore on their site is updated, that is when you get a text.

For Tiger games I have it set up through ESPN to get reports every 3 innings and the final score and for Red Wings I have it update me after every goal and period, it is quite handy.

I have espn text alerts and they are outstanding as a couple people have said. I think im signed up for the Red Wings text services but i only got a text that Yzerman was coming back and havent got one since so i dont know what happened. Did that happen to anyone else?