• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Finnish Wing

Teemu Selanne's top 5 NHL goalies

Rate this topic

Two of those six guys are among the league's top five. One more is in the top ten. And one shouldn't even have a starting job in the NHL with the number of goalies who are better than him.

Which goalie shouldn't have a starting job?

Ozzy shouldn't be on the list unless it's "Teemu Selanne's top NHL Playoff goalies", then Ozzy should be #1.

Besides, Teemu isn't even near the top 5 forwards, so who gives a s*** about his opinion?

Besides, Teemu isn't even near the top 5 forwards, so who gives a s*** about his opinion?

LOL. I shouldn't even dignify that with a response. We don't even have a top 5 forward on the Wing's so why should we even listen to anyone on our team?

LOL. I shouldn't even dignify that with a response. We don't even have a top 5 forward on the Wing's so why should we even listen to anyone on our team?

So Datsyuk or Zetterberg (or Lidstrom for that matter) wouldn't lose any credibility if they picked Osgood and Howard on the Top 5 NHL goalies? *If* Zetter, Dats or Lids even would give a "top 5", which I highly doubt they would. They're too modest to give their "matter.of.fact" biased opinion. So I guess we don't have to worry about listening to our guys "Top 5" no matter how you slice it.

With that said, I consider Datsyuk a top 5 forward and Zetterberg a top 10. Maybe I'm bias, I dunno.. but I read a debate on the Pens forum last year after we won the cup and their fans pretty mch all agreed Datsyuk was #4 after Crosby, Malkin and Ovie. If Pens fans are willing to call Dats a top 5, then he must be impressive. You don't think Zetterberg and Dats are impressive? You must be new to hockey or blind.

You are bashing Selanne when he was interviewed by a Finnish paper and just gave his opinion and said that Giguère/Hiller are top 5 goalies in his mind, that isn't* alot different then Osgood/Howard considering Osgood doesn't have a Conn Symthe and is actually still in his prime(Albeit has had a rough couple years personally). I'd say he has a better idea then any of us considering he, you know, actually plays in the NHL? And to say his opinion doesn't matter? The guy has one of the most impressive records in the history of the NHL...

I'm not going to get into where I rank our forwards. Datsyuk has not impressed me much in since the playoffs and the start of this year to really be a shoe in top 5 forward when there is soo much young talent just breaking out right now. Obviously last regular season he was without a doubt one, but since the start of the playoffs last year he is not at the level he was at. Just because I don't say they are top 5, doesn't mean I don't think they are impressive btw.

Edited by Carman

You are bashing Selanne when he was interviewed by a Finnish paper and just gave his opinion and said that Giguère/Hiller are top 5 goalies in his mind, that alot different then Osgood/Howard considering Osgood doesn't have a Conn Symthe and is actually still in his prime(Albeit has had a rough couple years personally). I'd say he has a better idea then any of us considering he, you know, actually plays in the NHL? And to say his opinion doesn't matter? The guy has one of the most impressive records in the history of the NHL...

I'm not going to get into where I rank our forwards. Datsyuk has not impressed me much in since the playoffs and the start of this year to really be a shoe in top 5 forward when there is soo much young talent just breaking out right now. Obviously last regular season he was without a doubt one, but since the start of the playoffs last year he is not at the level he was at. Just because I don't say they are top 5, doesn't mean I don't think they are impressive btw.

WTF? Ozzie has three Stanley Cup championships rings and his name etched on the cup 3 times in his career. Nearly twice as many as Giggy AND Hiller combined! Who the f*** cares about a Conn Smythe when you have that many championship rings? Now I agree that Ozzie isn't a top 5 goalie in the league, but I do say he is, hands down, the #1 post-season goalie in the league... and to me that is more important.

Like I said, who the f*** cares about Selanne's opinion? He's clearly bias... not that I expect anything else from him.

Edited by Snazzy

Bleh my bad, totally blanked out and forgot to put the isn't* in that last post late night. I wasn't saying that Osgood is bad, just that the two goalie combinations are comparable. Really don't care so much what he says about goalies, I'm just trying to understand why in your words 'no one should give a s***' about a player who is one of the best goal scorers in the game that's all.

Yea, but if we talk about goal scoring. I don't think passing and getting assists has anything to do with who's in the goal. I can easily say that Selanne is a classic pure scorer, that kinda player who just knows different goalies and their weaknesses.

WTF? Ozzie has three Stanley Cup championships rings and his name etched on the cup 3 times in his career. Nearly twice as many as Giggy AND Hiller combined! Who the f*** cares about a Conn Smythe when you have that many championship rings? Now I agree that Ozzie isn't a top 5 goalie in the league, but I do say he is, hands down, the #1 post-season goalie in the league... and to me that is more important.

Like I said, who the f*** cares about Selanne's opinion? He's clearly bias... not that I expect anything else from him.

Not to mention backstrom and kipper are finnish... <_<