• Please log in to reply
882 replies to this topic

#861 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:39 AM

You mess up and expose the entire city to massive doses of radiation. Mutant children line the streets. Bald men can be used as streetlights. Your rotation is over NOW, mister. As is your medical career.

I wish I could talk myself into doing some actual work this weekend.

#862 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:09 AM

Work is overrated, you work hard all week. But since you want to talk yourself into it, you do nothing but work around the house this weekend. No stopping to sleep or eat, but your place is immaculate, your yard is all trimmed and looks great with all those new plants and flowers. Stevie is most appreciative that you cleaned him inside and out, even waxed too. By the time it's time to go back to work you are so exhausted that you can barely move.

I wish I were better able to help my friends in need that are too far away for me to see.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#863 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:49 AM

Work is overrated, you work hard all week. But since you want to talk yourself into it, you do nothing but work around the house this weekend. No stopping to sleep or eat, but your place is immaculate, your yard is all trimmed and looks great with all those new plants and flowers. Stevie is most appreciative that you cleaned him inside and out, even waxed too. By the time it's time to go back to work you are so exhausted that you can barely move.

I wish I were better able to help my friends in need that are too far away for me to see.

They don't want to see you, so wish granted.

I wish I didn't procrastinate and put myself in terrible situations.

#864 solnyshko

solnyshko

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

You don't procrastinate anymore, and finish everything early.. but now you have a lot of extra time to over think every decision you made. Panic ensues, you double back and change your mind, and you're worse off for it.

I wish that I did not have to deal with the crazy that will be my work tomorrow.

#865 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:08 AM

You don't, but it's because you've come down with chickenpox and can't go in.

I wish I didn't have to face the negative gloom-and-doom Wings fans at work today.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#866 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:37 AM

I wish I didn't have to face the negative gloom-and-doom Wings fans at work today.

You don't have to face them because they all miss work today. They were depressed because of the loss and were too hungover to make it to work.

Guess who has to do all of their work.

I wish the Phoenix Coyote players would all catch ptomaine food poisoning.

Edited by MidMichSteve, 26 April 2010 - 09:38 AM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#867 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

Oh, not Robert. I love him.

Fine. They all catch it, but they are better by gametime. The Wings were looking forward to playing sick guys and they don't put in a full effort. They lose and the Yotes go on to win the Cup. Other teams start poisoning themselves before Game 7. Soon fans start joining in. There is no one left to watch hockey except for Leafs fans, who never get to the playoffs, much less a Game 7. Hockey becomes a niche sport and is televised only on some channel that few people get without going into the insane upper range of the cable payments. Oh, wait...

I wish I could crack my neck.

#868 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:14 AM

Sure, but your entire body is cracked as well.

I wish for the obvious tonight for Wings fans.

#869 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

Wings win a highly contested game seven. Coyote fans, in their frustration, throw hundreds of live rattlesnakes on the ice during the celebration.

Game one in The HP Pavilion, features The Detroit Griffins vs. The San Jose Sharks.

I wish I had a fresh donut right now.

Edited by MidMichSteve, 27 April 2010 - 09:51 AM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#870 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

It's so fresh that it pinches your female co-worker in the butt. She gets you for sexual harassment. You try to convince people that it was the donut, but they don't believe you. You are sentenced to life in a mental facility for the criminally insane.

I wish I felt as good as I did at age 30.

#871 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

Well, seeing as how there is no way to feel you, I'll send a rep from your area.

I look forward to his report.

Attached File  street.jpg   184.76KB   4 downloads

I wish that I had a new Porsche.

Edited by MidMichSteve, 28 April 2010 - 01:40 PM.

#872 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

Granted! It just has no engine, and has been filled with concrete.

I wish my board exam scores would come back well.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#873 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

I was thinking of digging this thread up the other day.

Your board score come back great....in 3 years. Sorry it took so long.

I wish that some people didn't thrive on drama so much.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#874 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:37 AM

OK. The entertainment industry, including sports, shrivels up and dies. Hockey players are unemployed. Ice girls are reduced to being ladies of the evening. Zamboni drivers become taxi drivers and only drive slowly in circles.

I wish I had some doritos.

#875 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:54 AM

Lucky you, the Frito-Lay truck makes an unscheduled stop at your place. Unfortunately it's because of a roll-over accident. Yummmmmm, eat up!

I was thinking of digging this thread up the other day.

Thanks!

I wish the unemployment rate would drop below 8%.

#876 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:57 AM

Lucky you, the Frito-Lay truck makes an unscheduled stop at your place. Unfortunately it's because of a roll-over accident. Yummmmmm, eat up!

Thanks!

I wish the unemployment rate would drop below 8%.

Granted, but child labor laws are abolished.

I wish I could hurry up and finish my application

#877 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

You finish in record time. Unfortunately, they reject it because it was filled out in green crayon. Next time, take the time to find a pen.

I wish they would get rid of the instigator rule.

#878 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

Granted! Hockey is now a free-for-all, and Howard gets a concussion in game 1 of the preseason trying to fight Chara.

I wish UPS weren't so slow.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#879 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:17 AM

They were there and gone before you knew it. They are so fast that they can't wait for you to answer the bell if you happen to be attending to personal business. If you want your package, no eating, peeing, or sex for you until you get your package. (Say "hi" to the mrs.)

I wish I had a free shopping spree at a grocery store.

#880 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:00 PM

You have that shopping spree but in all your excitement you don't get the essentials that you really need you just get all the things you never buy because they aren't in your budget. You also decide it's time to expand your tastes and get all sorts of new things you've never tried before. Sorry you wasted the opportunity.

I wish that I could leave work early today....but not permanently :P

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users