• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest E_S_A_D

LGW is Pro-Enforcer: The Results are In.

Rate this topic

Guest E_S_A_D

The results are in ladies and gentlemen *Drumroll*, from our Poll conduncted and much heated debate. Lets Go Wings forums has voted; triumphantly, the victor being "YES- RED WINGS NEED AN ENFORCER". The winning votes were verified at final time before the thread was closed by Moderator, Jedi.

I presumed that we would vote this way as so many don't comment in these forums that are pro-enforcer. However, a poll was needed. Well over 200 votes were tallied. Very significant and I am impressed by the activity of these forums on a daily basis.

Now, I am NOT the type of fan that jumps to conclusions after two games. Those that think the Red Wings will not make the playoffs this year are delusional. Two games, in Sweden mind you, is not even close to an accurate representation of our team's year. We WILL make the playoffs. However, I do think you see a couple of things happening. Let me hypothesize for you; using my great intellect, wisdom, hockey knowledge, and superior intelligence.

Here are my predictions:

1. The NHL has found its way around the obstruction rules. They are working to eliminate the needless hooks, etc. However, old school pre-lockout hockey is returning. Hence, you will see the Philadelphia Flyers and Toronto Maple Leaves return to the playoffs this year, with the intimidating factor in mind.

2. The Red Wings WILL once again carry an enforcer this year (Brad May). It won't be every game, but on a 1/3rd game basis. The symptoms are evident that the Red Wings illness is a lack of tenacity/ tougness. Big Rig cannot be asked to fight (period), Franzen has to quit with his 2 minute roughings or he will end up hurt, and our skilled forwards will benefit from the added security.

3. I will predict now that in games that we carry an enforcer/ May; we will have a winning percentage of 15% higher than those games that one is not dressed.

Now, doing my part to support LGW and drawing hits to the site, I will sit back with my Martini (Vodka/ Dirty of course) and watch this thread turn into a 10+ page thread.

The anti-enforcers, whom did I mention were outvoted, will try to ignore this thread. Yet, they will be our best customers.

Edited by E_S_A_D

The results are in ladies and gentlemen *Drumroll*, from our Poll conduncted and much heated debate. Lets Go Wings forums has voted; triumphantly, the victor being "YES- RED WINGS NEED AN ENFORCER". The winning votes were verified at final time before the thread was closed by Moderator, Jedi.

I presumed that we would vote this way as so many don't comment in these forums that are pro-enforcer. However, a poll was needed. Well over 200 votes were tallied. Very significant and I am impressed by the activity of these forums on a daily basis.

Now, I am NOT the type of fan that jumps to conclusions after two games. Those that think the Red Wings will not make the playoffs this year are delusional. Two games, in Sweden mind you, is not even close to an accurate representation of our team's year. We WILL make the playoffs. However, I do think you see a couple of things happening. Let me hypothesize for you; using my great intellect, wisdom, hockey knowledge, and superior intelligence.

Here are my predictions:

1. The NHL has found its way around the obstruction rules. They are working to eliminate the needless hooks, etc. However, old school pre-lockout hockey is returning. Hence, you will see the Philadelphia Flyers and Toronto Maple Leaves return to the playoffs this year, with the intimidating factor in mind.

2. The Red Wings WILL once again carry an enforcer this year (Brad May). It won't be every game, but on a 1/3rd game basis. The symptoms are evident that the Red Wings illness is a lack of tenacity/ tougness. Big Rig cannot be asked to fight (period), Franzen has to quit with his 2 minute roughings or he will end up hurt, and our skilled forwards will benefit from the added security.

3. I will predict now that in games that we carry an enforcer/ May; we will have a winning percentage of 15% higher than those games that one is not dressed.

Now, doing my part to support LGW and drawing hits to the site, I will sit back with my Martini (Vodka/ Dirty of course) and watch this thread turn into a 10+ page thread.

The anti-enforcers, whom did I mention were outvoted, will try to ignore this thread. Yet, they will be our best customers.

So you think Brad May will play 28 games and the Wings will win about 22 of them because of May, thats a +4.2 game swing from how you believe they will play with out him (in the same period of 28 games), I dont even think that adding a first line all star would cause that kind of swing, but if youre willing to eat crow if youre wrong, I will be too. (I base it on last years winning % of 62% which I believe will be about the same this year (minor deviations are to be expected, but nothing more than 2% +/-)). I just dont see a 5 min a game player making that kind of impact.

Edited by Shaman464

Guest E_S_A_D
So you think Brad May will play 28 games and the Wings will win about 22 of them because of May, thats a +4.2 game swing from how you believe they will play with out him (in the same period of 28 games), I dont even think that adding a first line all star would cause that kind of swing, but if youre willing to eat crow if youre wrong, I will be too. (I base it on last years winning % of 62% which I believe will be about the same this year (minor deviations are to be expected, but nothing more than 2% +/-)). I just dont see a 5 min a game player making that kind of impact.

Did I mention that I think you will see Osgood in the bottom 3 in the league in save percentage too? Mark that one in your book of E_S_A_D early season quotes.

Did I mention that I think you will see Osgood in the bottom 3 in the league in save percentage too? Mark that one in your book of E_S_A_D early season quotes.

You heard it here first, E_S_A_D thinks May is the final piece of the puzzle for Wings to finally win 63 in a season (realistically the Wings should win about 60-62% of games this season, so theoretically if he gives the Wings a 77% winning percentage for the season with his 15% bump in winning percentage if he plays 82 games this season). Excuse me if i think that you're unrealistic in youre expectations that makes you believe this 5 minute a night player will have such a huge inpact.

Edited by Shaman464

Guest E_S_A_D

Shaman, I realize that you have been diligently typing on your computer calculator; however, your math is flawed. When did I ever use the point of reference of the 2008-2009 year as my statistical reference of data? I didn't is the answer.

I said, statistically that with May in the line-up this year you'll see a final winning percentage of 15% higher. Your mathematical skewing of numbers in comparison to last year is silly and rather absurd... here's why: May was with a different team.

X+Y= XY

X+M * (X+Y)= Totally different unknown sum. Clever try though.

Guest E_S_A_D

I must add... PLEASE keep this thread on topic. Thanks, your humble, respectful, and admired... E_S_A_D.

Shaman, I realize that you have been diligently typing on your computer calculator; however, your math is flawed. When did I ever use the point of reference of the 2008-2009 year as my statistical reference of data? I didn't is the answer.

I said, statistically that with May in the line-up this year you'll see a final winning percentage of 15% higher. Your mathematical skewing of numbers in comparison to last year is silly and rather absurd... here's why: May was with a different team.

X+Y= XY

X+M * (X+Y)= Totally different unknown sum. Clever try though.

I decided to be nice and softball it, but I also did other math, over the last 4 seasons the wings averaged 53.25 win per season giving them a 64.9% winning percent, meaning that if the Wings are about as good as they have been in the last 4 years (and despite the 2 losses early I believe the wings are as good as they have been over the last 4 seasons) if may gives them a 15% boost in wins, over 82 games we should win about 66 games. Now if the wings finish at or below the 53 wins mark for the season, despite the boost that May gives them that either means that the wings are a .500 team or that May really isn't the game breaking player you keep trying to say he is. Even if he plays only in 27-28 games the wings should, based on past performance win atleast 22 of those games and be 36 of 55 without him (if the wings are still in the same general form as the last 4 seasons) or win 18-19 games during that period and without him go 31 of 55 (if they finish with similar numbers as the last 4 season despite the amazing addition of may) to prove that your wild prediction is true.

Edited by Shaman464

So at the end of the season one these 3 scenarios

May plays 75+ games and the wings have over 60 Victories

-OR-

May plays 27(1/3rd of the season) games and the wings win 22 of them and

This means that the wings are playing the same as the last 4 years without May, but with him they get the 15% winning % boost

May plays 75+ games and the Wings come out with 49 to 52 victories

-Or-

May plays 27 games (1/3rd) and the Wings win (at least)18 of them, and without him they are 31 of 51

Meaning the Wings have fallen off because of FA losses and May with his magical 15% bump to our winning percent makes us a middle seed playoff team.

#3 (and my personal favorite)

May plays as much as Babcock or Holland decides he will, with no statistically important rise or fall in winning percent.

If its #1 or 2 I will retire from all enforcer threads, because having seen the light, I will have admitted I am wrong and will no longer have an opinion about this issue.

Edited by Shaman464

You know, I believe Detroit can win either way, but I want to comment on how much I enjoy E_S_A_D's posts. He is the perfect villain, and knows how to be funny. I wanna be the first to say LGW is lucky to have a member like you sir.

Back on topic, Detroit has proven you don't really need a goon on your squad to win. But with how tired you can only expect the team to get, a good enforcer with alot of energy could defiantly help the wings get some added boost./

Ill be honest, I am starting to miss hard hitting hockey.

edit: spelling

Edited by Superman54

Here are my predictions:

:thumbup: