• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest E_S_A_D

LGW is Pro-Enforcer: The Results are In.

Rate this topic

Guest micah
Challenge: assemble an all-goon, all-enforcer, all-grit team (of today's players).

Discuss.

See: Flyers roster

Guest micah

The results of this poll should not come as a surprise to anyone. The vast majority of fans like hockey fighting and appreciate hockey fighters. Not even the Wings' young fans (who likely prefer the sort of hockey they se in PeeWee), plus the Wings' Euro-weakling fans, plus those vindictive folks who don't care about enforcers but are happy to vote against the polarizing character that is ESAD could outnumber the rest of us normal hockey fans. You gotta have ballance to keep the game great, and right now the Wings don't have it. They wil though, soon enough.

I voted on the pro-enforcer side of the poll. Not because of statistics, hockey theory or an unhappiness with how things are going for the team but because I just love seeing someone in a Red Wings sweater punching someone not wearing one in the face.

Obviously having an enforcer is useful. I voted no just in hopes that would win and you'd get pissed off lol. As if getting pushed around is a good thing. Luckily, I haven't seen that happen in the first two games. We still lost hard though.

I voted on the pro-enforcer side of the poll. Not because of statistics, hockey theory or an unhappiness with how things are going for the team but because I just love seeing someone in a Red Wings sweater punching someone not wearing one in the face.

Much credit to you. I sincerely wish more people would just admit that this is why they want an enforcer instead of inventing ridiculous theories to support it helping the team.

The whole "enforcers keep players from getting run" argument isn't exactly proven.

Hold up. The Selanne quote says otherwise. I would say that makes it a proven fact that with May in the lineup we will go from getting pushed around to a team nobody wants to touch due to fear. :thumbup:

We should find out in the next few days whether or not he will Holland will sign him. If I'm not mistaken he was quoted as saying he wouldn't make a decision on him until after we return from Sweden. Hopefully if he signs him then Babcock puts him in the lineup quickly so we can see what he's going to bring to the table before to far into the season. Well, and I'm curious to see how good a fighter he is. We haven't had a GOOD fighter since.... never mind.

Edited by thedatsyukian

True - however not having guys capable of dropping the mitts doesn't help the situation either.

Guess I'd rather have the threat of "payback" vs having no threat of "payback".

We all know "payback" is a ***** :rolleyes:

Sure, but the point is that the Wings safety, well-being, and success doesn't hinge on if they have an enforcer.

In 1997 having a gritty team up and down the lineup was the key to Detroit's success. They have had to adapt and now play a more finesse style (that has worked), and they do not rely on the gritty system they once did.

Would I love an enforcer like May on the team? Hell yes. Do I think that without an enforcer like May the Wings will not succeed? Hell no.

Guest micah
This thread needs more Europeans.

I agree. Guys like David Koci, Ratis Ivanans and Krzysztof Oliwa would make this a better thread.

Do you guys really think one lonely enforcer would help a whole team full of pansies? I would think a couple or few rank and file guys who will drop the mitts on occasion would serve us better than one "enforcer".

Edited by kook_10