• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Toskala likely done as Leafs starter

Rate this topic

lol i knew it was coming but that was sooner than anticipated

the monster has some skills, it will be exciting watching him grow.. hard to grow when you're that damn big

Edited by ilmickeyli

I was surprised that the Leafs' tandem wasn't MacDonald/Gustavsson to start the season, honestly. Between the wicked skills Gustavsson has displayed and the fact MacDonald has consistently outperformed Toskala from the start of last season through me posting this, it seemed like a lock.

I was surprised that the Leafs' tandem wasn't MacDonald/Gustavsson to start the season, honestly. Between the wicked skills Gustavsson has displayed and the fact MacDonald has consistently outperformed Toskala from the start of last season through me posting this, it seemed like a lock.

agreed

From Toronto Star :

Maple Leafs coach Ron Wilson has made up his mind but he refuses to reveal who will start in goal when Toronto hosts the Ottawa Senators Tuesday night.

"You'll just have to come to the game tomorrow and see who comes out of the tunnel first," Wilson said Monday afternoon.

Wow. For someone who has pretty much sucked this year and is in danger of losing his job, his Twitter is very smug and makes it sound like he is a bored out of shape playboy.

That can't be his real account.

Edited by AtomicPunk

Wow. For someone who has pretty much sucked this year and is in danger of losing his job, his Twitter is very smug and makes it sound like he is a bored out of shape playboy.

That can't be his real account.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but if you are, wow. I don't think it could be any clearer that "his" Twitter is a parody.

Not his actual twitter.

# Bio Vesa needs more followers. I will eat you all. Numm numm nummm. Clearly not real, go leafs go. Cup in 2010

Interesting but...Veso Toskala;s twitter reads "Coach is helping my confidence by playing against a minor league team, so I'm getting the start against Ottawa"

Hahahahah.

http://twitter.com/vesatoskala

Guest Shoreline
Interesting but...Veso Toskala;s twitter reads "Coach is helping my confidence by playing against a minor league team, so I'm getting the start against Ottawa"

Hahahahah.

http://twitter.com/vesatoskala

He has an awesome sense of humor. :lol:

And as for the Leafs, maybe they can actually give a goalie a chance for a few seasons? Opposed to their revolving door goalie policy of late..

Edited by Shoreline

2 goals on 28 shots and faced 5 PP's... not too shabby... too bad the offense couldn't get more goals, that should get a win...

And one of the goals was on a penalty shot.

3 games in and you can only excpet this in leafs nation. Funny how TSN says the same thing but then continue talking about it.

2 games in and some fans in Wing nation are probably already comparing them to the 92/93 Sens.

From Toronto Star :

"You need a save there. At the end of the day, that's kind of what your penalty killing comes down to, every once in a while you need a save."

Astute observation, or just another example of Coach being Coach, the consummate motivator, throwing the first available body under the bus?

From Toronto Star :

"Right now Vesa starts and that's where it ends," said Wilson.

"I'm sick and tired of all the talk. If one goal goes in, it's all about Vesa. It's not ... it's about the Toronto Maple Leafs. Period."

Easy now; have some turkey and a nap and things might get better.

And:

Former Leafs goalie Glenn Healy, now a CBC analyst, said Toronto is among the toughest markets for goaltenders.

"It's a difficult animal to play here because there are a lot of external pressures that exist here that don't exist in other centres," said Healy. "The intense media pressure you get on a daily basis. The guy must feel like he's being waterboarded."

But, not THE "toughest market".